+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Snake oil?

Default Snake oil?

I've almost only seen negative responses regarding natural "snake oil" treatments.
    How many of you have actually tried these natural remedies as long as the medical "FDA" approved treatments?
    The industry gains enormous amount of money due to peoples fear of loosing hair, and therefore the desperation to fit in today's stereotypical appearance.
    I´t would be harsh for the industry if there is a natural (approved) way to solve it, and also feel good as a bonus.
    My hair loss stopped and new hair is growing with natural ingredients as posted in other posts.

Hi, thanks for your post.

Do you have any before and after pictures that show your hair regrowth which you say has resulted from using herbal remedies?

How would something natural solve it? We know it is caused by genetics and hormones.

And if there were something natural that gets discovered that would be a cure, it would get massive attention because it could back up its claims.

The time to believe something is when it has been demonstrated to be true. Make a study, get it peer reviewed, have the results reproduced and confirmed independently.

what are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    I've almost only seen negative responses regarding natural "snake oil" treatments.
    How many of you have actually tried these natural remedies as long as the medical "FDA" approved treatments?
    The industry gains enormous amount of money due to peoples fear of loosing hair, and therefore the desperation to fit in today's stereotypical appearance.
    I´t would be harsh for the industry if there is a natural (approved) way to solve it, and also feel good as a bonus.
    My hair loss stopped and new hair is growing with natural ingredients as posted in other posts.

We bought a slow juicer recently for health beneficial reasons, and many of the green recipes stated to be good for the hair also.
    I started the green tea coconut treatment mostly for experimental reasons, aside my juicing and the chlorella as a boost.
    The response was surprisingly quick since I or rather my wife noticed new hair on my scalp inside 6 weeks.
    I have been suffering with hair loss a long time (about 15 years) and i tried minoxidil many years ago but the side effects got me, so i gave up.
    I fully understand the skepticism regarding natural treatments, since there are no real evidence or proof.
    Pictures are coming soon as i took a couple of of days ago, and i don´t have any good old pictures since i gave up my hair loss initially.
    Since the hair grow is quiet rapid, i´m going to put pictures here inside two weeks so you can see my progress.
    Three pictures from the same angle to justify it.

Tried to take a close up picture of my crown.
    Hard to catch the baby hair that is sprouting, but quiet many of them already outgrows my sleepy darker hair.
    The new hair growing, is a lot blonder that i used to have before.
    I also gained a lot on my temple area, and i´m going to wait a couple of weeks for them to thicken more and show as a reference to the one i took a couple of days ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150417_07_04_11_Pro.jpg

Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	38594  

whats the recipe? can u list it for us

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Tried to take a close up picture of my crown.
    Hard to catch the baby hair that is sprouting, but quiet many of them already outgrows my sleepy darker hair.
    The new hair growing, is a lot blonder that i used to have before.
    I also gained a lot on my temple area, and i´m going to wait a couple of weeks for them to thicken more and show as a reference to the one i took a couple of days ago.

recipe:

This is a wonderful smelling creamy All natural Coconut Shampoo focused to help stop Thinning Hair! I have used this on myself and others and have seen improvements with hair growth in thinning areas within 1- 2 months.
    Ingredients:
    Castile soap- 4-5 tsp, 1 Green tea bag, Coconut milk 3 tsp, Olive oil- 3 tsp, Emu oil 1 tsp,
    Lavendar oil 1 tsp, Castor oil1 tsp, Virgin Coconut oil 2-5 tsp.

I wasted about a year and a half, sprinkling magical pixie dust on my hair, and it continued to fall out in clumps. I lost about 2/3 altogether.
    Then, I actually learned about how hair loss works, and realized that DHT inhibition(Propecia in my case) was literally the only way to prevent hair loss.

The most you could even hope to get from natural topicals, or ingestibles, is anti-inflamation. Which Nizoral and Piroctone Olamine(both shampoos) will already handle.

You can also see a very temporary boost from things like Biotin. The problem is, it doesn't actually prevent your hairs from dying. It just makes your dying hairs grow faster, temporarily covering the problem(much like Minox).

If used with something to block or inhibit DHT, then it can be a useful supplement. But in the absence of DHT prevention, you will lose your hair.