Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • epipapilla
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Herbaliser
    Do you have a scientific proof? Neither do i since there is no money involved regarding natural treatments.
    As stated before the industry feeds on peoples desperation with nice white suits to tell people, we have a solution for your hair loss to get your self confidence back.

This remedy helped me and probably a lot more people, but is not FDA approved and therefore not valid.
    There are many natural cures out there and most drugs are developed from a natural source in the first place.

Also, the FDA is not the overseer of the World's health! I live in the EU and the FDA has no jurisdiction over any medical treatment in the EU. I am sick and tired of people referring to FDA approval like it is some form of Gold Standard for the World, it isn't!! The FDA has approved many dangerous and lethal drugs which made pharmaceutical companies billions of Dollars at the expense of real human lives.

Thank you for posting about your hair regrowth with natural solutions, not everyone is fixated on taking a drug for every ailment they get.

Let the Americans care about the FDA, it has nothing to do with any other nation!

Comment

• Herbaliser
      • Apr 2015

I think my approach is quiet modest regarding trying something different.
      I´m not trying to convince or give people false hope with a snake oil treatment, it´s an alternative method when the drugs gives side effects.
      As mentioned by epipapilla regarding pharmaceutical companies, and there gain at our expense is false hope in my opinion because your stuck with a drug treatment.

As an example i used to have severe pollen allergy and i for that i had to take pills, eye drops and nose spray every day.
      Then i read about a person that used mussel oil instead with good result, and it worked perfect for me.
      My point is that there is a lot of natural ingredients, that our bodies digests with effective results.
      I think our bodies react more than we think to artificial ingredients, and i´m not a tree hugger but i stay away from processed food for example, that also plays a part in our general health that also effects the hair.
      At the end this is only my opinion and i´m not trying to convert people to think likewise.

Comment

• warner8
        • Jan 2015

mussel oil? can you tell me more about it please.

I think my approach is quiet modest regarding trying something different.
        I´m not trying to convince or give people false hope with a snake oil treatment, it´s an alternative method when the drugs gives side effects.
        As mentioned by epipapilla regarding pharmaceutical companies, and there gain at our expense is false hope in my opinion because your stuck with a drug treatment.

As an example i used to have severe pollen allergy and i for that i had to take pills, eye drops and nose spray every day.
        Then i read about a person that used mussel oil instead with good result, and it worked perfect for me.
        My point is that there is a lot of natural ingredients, that our bodies digests with effective results.
        I think our bodies react more than we think to artificial ingredients, and i´m not a tree hugger but i stay away from processed food for example, that also plays a part in our general health that also effects the hair.
        At the end this is only my opinion and i´m not trying to convert people to think likewise.

Comment

• Herbaliser
          • Apr 2015

http://kurera.se/musselolja-istallet-for-mediciner-2/ (Lyprinol)
          Unfortunately it´s in Swedish but you can use google translate to get a picture.
          Use the dosage as described on the package and for best results a month before the pollen season begins.
          It helps big time also during the season also, and it was a huge relief for me as my tears, itch, and nose run stopped.
          You can probably find it close to your destination.

Comment

• Ostash
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by WanderingOracle
            Green Tea has such a minimal impact on DHT, it won't prevent hair loss. At best, it will slow it down. Green Tea reduces DHT by %20. It may even cut your hair loss in half. But you will still go bald.

Again, this is one of the problems with the natural approach. The natural stuff actually DOES grow a few more hairs. But they do nothing to prevent DHT related death. So you boost hair growth for a short time, all the while, DHT is killing every hair on your entire head.
            Emu Oil is almost like a weak Minox. It will wake a few sleeping hair follicles up. But it does nothing to prevent DHT related death. Those newly woken hairs will eventually suffer DHT related death, as will other hairs that are already awake.

Add Minox, RU, Nizoral, piroctone olamine, Emu Oil, Green Tea, Taurine, ACV. All of these will help. But with the exception of Nizoral and Green Tea, do nothing for DHT. And neither of them, do enough. Saw Pal is no alternative. It doesn't do enough(or anything) for most men.

But these things have to be coupled with a DHT blocker like Propecia, Fin, or Dur. Failing to do this, will result in long-term hair loss.
            how does green tea react when you drink it?

Comment

• warner8
              • Jan 2015

how long have you been on the mussel oil? i read its an anti inflammatory agent much like fish oil, so how does it help with allergies exactly? the studies spoke about it helping with joint pain/arthritis

http://kurera.se/musselolja-istallet-for-mediciner-2/ (Lyprinol)
              Unfortunately it´s in Swedish but you can use google translate to get a picture.
              Use the dosage as described on the package and for best results a month before the pollen season begins.
              It helps big time also during the season also, and it was a huge relief for me as my tears, itch, and nose run stopped.
              You can probably find it close to your destination.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                • Apr 2015

About three years.
                But i only use half of the recommended dosage now, since i got a lot better.
                Probably there are no major studies made why it helps allergies and asthma, as you mentioned it´s anti inflammatory and it clears the airway.

Comment

• Pboy101
                  • May 2014

These snake oils with pseudo-science as backup to their claims should not be trusted. We know the science behind how hair loss works and using an anti-androgen such as finasteride or dustasteride is the only way to keep hair loss at bay. Only after you have given these meds a try and find them not suitable because of side effects, then you go to the unproven, "natural vitamins and minerals" bullshyt because by that point you have nothing to lose. For 98% of us, however, fin or dut will be enough to stop the loss. To suggest these unproven and usually very expensive alternatives as primary or first lines of defense is ridiculous.

If this stuff really worked, then the person who discovers it will have no issue going through the laborious task of getting it approved for hair loss because it would be a gold mine that will last for hundreds of years.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Pboy101
                    If this stuff really worked, then the person who discovers it will have no issue going through the laborious task of getting it approved for hair loss because it would be a gold mine that will last for hundreds of years.
                    Exactly. They could create their own "all natural" cure and make millions. It is what it is. There is NO NATURAL CURE for hair loss. It is not like people haven't been searching for a natural cure, they have, for many years.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                      • Apr 2015

There has been thousands of natural hair loss cures like you mention with skeptical or non results.
                      There will either be valid natural hair loss treatment due to the ingredients, because there is no legitimate scientific evidence to support it´s efficacy.
                      I was also skeptical regarding the before and after videos, but i gave it a shot anyway.

I believe that the oral intake plays a big part for hair loss.
                      People that eat or juice a lot greens for health benefit, don't pay that much attention to the hair since there is no label confirming the benefits.
                      There are many cases though with aha experience that had hair issues before.
                      Chlorella for example has shown really good results (at least they claim so) and combining these with the snake oil gave me aha experience, i feel a nice kick in the head when i drink them.

I someone dares or wants to try it, the only side effects are a major energy boost, good base for Thai food and a nice collection of moisturizing skin care oils.
                      This is my experience and i´m not trying to convince anybody.
                      I took pictures a week ago as reference and i´m going to post soon the development.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                        • Apr 2015

These snake oils with pseudo-science as backup to their claims should not be trusted. We know the science behind how hair loss works and using an anti-androgen such as finasteride or dustasteride is the only way to keep hair loss at bay. Only after you have given these meds a try and find them not suitable because of side effects, then you go to the unproven, "natural vitamins and minerals" bullshyt because by that point you have nothing to lose. For 98% of us, however, fin or dut will be enough to stop the loss. To suggest these unproven and usually very expensive alternatives as primary or first lines of defense is ridiculous.

I´m just amazed by some of the aggressive posts, when i approach in a modest way as a alternative method.
                        I know your (as you mentioned us Fin users) drugs are FDA approved and therefore valid and only minor 2% with side effects, and those 2% are probably only placebo, because of all the stupid horror stories. http://www.drugwatch.com/dangerous-drugs.php

Comment

• Seuxin
                          • Jan 2014

Natural is bullshit for fighting MPB.....

Comment

• burtandernie
                            • Nov 2012

If you think supplements and diet can stop MPB there were plenty of guys on the immortal hair program that im sure lost plenty of hair over the years going the route since that is what he pushed for years on hair loss regrowth forums. I wouldnt say its impossible it could work just that I have never seen much evidence or before/after where it made a big difference.
                            Everyone in prison eats the same crap for decades and hair loss is there and varied just like it is here with people eating much healthier diets. Its just hard for me to believe but anything is possible.

Comment

• Pboy101
                              • May 2014

I´m just amazed by some of the aggressive posts, when i approach in a modest way as a alternative method.
                              I know your (as you mentioned us Fin users) drugs are FDA approved and therefore valid and only minor 2% with side effects, and those 2% are probably only placebo, because of all the stupid horror stories. http://www.drugwatch.com/dangerous-drugs.php
                              The reason why we don't trust unproven "natural" remedies is because they don't have a good track record of success. You say that the drug companies are the ones making money off of fear, but they have a large amount of scientific research behind their claims. These snake oil salesmen on the other hand, prey upon the fear of side effects that are stated by the drug companies and jump in with their "natural vitamins and minerals" BS with no scientific backing and sell them to you for $50 per bottle per month or whatever.

Now I understand that you are probably not trying to sell or advertise anything, but do respect our time because for hair loss sufferers, time = hair. If you really believe what you are promoting, then take the effort to document the process and let us know when you have some decent before and after pictures to show. One picture of a balding head with no time stamp and then a lot of words isn't going to convince anybody, just saying.

By the way, there are lawsuits against every single drug out there, even the simple everyday ones like tylenol and ibuprofen. It is a rather lucrative way of making money because these people who bring forth the claims lose practically nothing if they lose the case and win millions if they win. I believe there are risks to taking every medicine, albeit very very small risks, but unless you wanna go all natural and go back 1000 years to eating herbs, plants, and prayers, I think we should trust our modern day science and medicine.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                                • Apr 2015

The reason why we don't trust unproven "natural" remedies is because they don't have a good track record of success. You say that the drug companies are the ones making money off of fear, but they have a large amount of scientific research behind their claims. These snake oil salesmen on the other hand, prey upon the fear of side effects that are stated by the drug companies and jump in with their "natural vitamins and minerals" BS with no scientific backing and sell them to you for $50 per bottle per month or whatever.

Now I understand that you are probably not trying to sell or advertise anything, but do respect our time because for hair loss sufferers, time = hair. If you really believe what you are promoting, then take the effort to document the process and let us know when you have some decent before and after pictures to show. One picture of a balding head with no time stamp and then a lot of words isn't going to convince anybody, just saying.

By the way, there are lawsuits against every single drug out there, even the simple everyday ones like tylenol and ibuprofen. It is a rather lucrative way of making money because these people who bring forth the claims lose practically nothing if they lose the case and win millions if they win. I believe there are risks to taking every medicine, albeit very very small risks, but unless you wanna go all natural and go back 1000 years to eating herbs, plants, and prayers, I think we should trust our modern day science and medicine.
                                Your last sentences proves my point.
                                For me hair loss is not science.

Comment

Working...