Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herbaliser
    • Apr 2015

Snake oil?

I've almost only seen negative responses regarding natural "snake oil" treatments.
    How many of you have actually tried these natural remedies as long as the medical "FDA" approved treatments?
    The industry gains enormous amount of money due to peoples fear of loosing hair, and therefore the desperation to fit in today's stereotypical appearance.
    I´t would be harsh for the industry if there is a natural (approved) way to solve it, and also feel good as a bonus.
    My hair loss stopped and new hair is growing with natural ingredients as posted in other posts.
  • epipapilla
    • Mar 2015

Hi, thanks for your post.

Do you have any before and after pictures that show your hair regrowth which you say has resulted from using herbal remedies?

Comment

• Trenblastoise
      • Jul 2014

How would something natural solve it? We know it is caused by genetics and hormones.

And if there were something natural that gets discovered that would be a cure, it would get massive attention because it could back up its claims.

The time to believe something is when it has been demonstrated to be true. Make a study, get it peer reviewed, have the results reproduced and confirmed independently.

Comment

• warner8
        • Jan 2015

what are you using?

Originally posted by Herbaliser
        I've almost only seen negative responses regarding natural "snake oil" treatments.
        How many of you have actually tried these natural remedies as long as the medical "FDA" approved treatments?
        The industry gains enormous amount of money due to peoples fear of loosing hair, and therefore the desperation to fit in today's stereotypical appearance.
        I´t would be harsh for the industry if there is a natural (approved) way to solve it, and also feel good as a bonus.
        My hair loss stopped and new hair is growing with natural ingredients as posted in other posts.

Comment

• epipapilla
          • Mar 2015

I think he is using this http://www.ivlproducts.com/Health-Li...ent-Superfood/

and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfLkf5hn9aM

Comment

• Herbaliser
            • Apr 2015

We bought a slow juicer recently for health beneficial reasons, and many of the green recipes stated to be good for the hair also.
            I started the green tea coconut treatment mostly for experimental reasons, aside my juicing and the chlorella as a boost.
            The response was surprisingly quick since I or rather my wife noticed new hair on my scalp inside 6 weeks.
            I have been suffering with hair loss a long time (about 15 years) and i tried minoxidil many years ago but the side effects got me, so i gave up.
            I fully understand the skepticism regarding natural treatments, since there are no real evidence or proof.
            Pictures are coming soon as i took a couple of of days ago, and i don´t have any good old pictures since i gave up my hair loss initially.
            Since the hair grow is quiet rapid, i´m going to put pictures here inside two weeks so you can see my progress.
            Three pictures from the same angle to justify it.

Comment

• Herbaliser
              • Apr 2015

Tried to take a close up picture of my crown.
              Hard to catch the baby hair that is sprouting, but quiet many of them already outgrows my sleepy darker hair.
              The new hair growing, is a lot blonder that i used to have before.
              I also gained a lot on my temple area, and i´m going to wait a couple of weeks for them to thicken more and show as a reference to the one i took a couple of days ago.
              Attached Files

Comment

• warner8
                • Jan 2015

whats the recipe? can u list it for us

Tried to take a close up picture of my crown.
                Hard to catch the baby hair that is sprouting, but quiet many of them already outgrows my sleepy darker hair.
                The new hair growing, is a lot blonder that i used to have before.
                I also gained a lot on my temple area, and i´m going to wait a couple of weeks for them to thicken more and show as a reference to the one i took a couple of days ago.

Comment

• warner8
                  • Jan 2015

recipe:

This is a wonderful smelling creamy All natural Coconut Shampoo focused to help stop Thinning Hair! I have used this on myself and others and have seen improvements with hair growth in thinning areas within 1- 2 months.
                  Ingredients:
                  Castile soap- 4-5 tsp, 1 Green tea bag, Coconut milk 3 tsp, Olive oil- 3 tsp, Emu oil 1 tsp,
                  Lavendar oil 1 tsp, Castor oil1 tsp, Virgin Coconut oil 2-5 tsp.

Comment

• WanderingOracle
                    • Apr 2015

I wasted about a year and a half, sprinkling magical pixie dust on my hair, and it continued to fall out in clumps. I lost about 2/3 altogether.
                    Then, I actually learned about how hair loss works, and realized that DHT inhibition(Propecia in my case) was literally the only way to prevent hair loss.

The most you could even hope to get from natural topicals, or ingestibles, is anti-inflamation. Which Nizoral and Piroctone Olamine(both shampoos) will already handle.

You can also see a very temporary boost from things like Biotin. The problem is, it doesn't actually prevent your hairs from dying. It just makes your dying hairs grow faster, temporarily covering the problem(much like Minox).

If used with something to block or inhibit DHT, then it can be a useful supplement. But in the absence of DHT prevention, you will lose your hair.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                      • Apr 2015

Some of the ingredients blocks the DHT like the green tea, therefore the effectiveness (not medically proven) like all natural ingredients.
                      Generations in my family suffers from hair loss and i almost gave up , but this works for me.
                      The emu oil is also important helps the ingredients to penetrate faster to your skin.

I use 2 tsp chlorella powder in water every morning on an empty stomach instead of pills, because you need at least 6-10 pills to gain the same benefit.
                      Remember to clean the scalp with tea tree oil before (anti-bacterial), and i use a water moist cotton pad and about 5 drops tea tree oil.
                      I highly recommend to use the chlorella also, due to it´s amount of essential vitamins and minerals.

Comment

• WanderingOracle
                        • Apr 2015

Some of the ingredients blocks the DHT like the green tea, therefore the effectiveness (not medically proven) like all natural ingredients.
                        Green Tea has such a minimal impact on DHT, it won't prevent hair loss. At best, it will slow it down. Green Tea reduces DHT by %20. It may even cut your hair loss in half. But you will still go bald.

The emu oil is also important helps the ingredients to penetrate faster to your skin.
                        Again, this is one of the problems with the natural approach. The natural stuff actually DOES grow a few more hairs. But they do nothing to prevent DHT related death. So you boost hair growth for a short time, all the while, DHT is killing every hair on your entire head.
                        Emu Oil is almost like a weak Minox. It will wake a few sleeping hair follicles up. But it does nothing to prevent DHT related death. Those newly woken hairs will eventually suffer DHT related death, as will other hairs that are already awake.

Add Minox, RU, Nizoral, piroctone olamine, Emu Oil, Green Tea, Taurine, ACV. All of these will help. But with the exception of Nizoral and Green Tea, do nothing for DHT. And neither of them, do enough. Saw Pal is no alternative. It doesn't do enough(or anything) for most men.

But these things have to be coupled with a DHT blocker like Propecia, Fin, or Dur. Failing to do this, will result in long-term hair loss.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                          • Apr 2015

Do you have a scientific proof? Neither do i since there is no money involved regarding natural treatments.
                          As stated before the industry feeds on peoples desperation with nice white suits to tell people, we have a solution for your hair loss to get your self confidence back.

This remedy helped me and probably a lot more people, but is not FDA approved and therefore not valid.

Comment

• WanderingOracle
                            • Apr 2015

I've read enough of these threads, over the past few years educating myself.
                            Nearly every natural dude has one thing in common. They all say they lost their hair on natural products.
                            All of them.

I have yet to find ONE dude, who kept his hair on a natural treatment, for ten years. 10+ year Propecia users with hair are east to find.

I understand that you want to fight the power. Pharmaceutical companies are bad, and the FDA is keeping the little guy down! But that has nothing to do with hair loss.

Saying there is no scientific study to prove natty doesn't work, is illogical. There is also no scientific study that proves that drinking a whole 2 liter of Fanta every day, won't prevent hair loss.
                            I suppose if I suggested this, you'd go try it?
                            We know how hair loss works. The things you're suggesting, cannot prevent hair loss, long-term.

You're leading guys down a bad path. And you will wake up to this in the near future, with less hair. You are not a special snowflake, nor have you found hidden wisdom, that will save everyone. People have been taking what you take, for decades, and all of them lost their hair.

Herbal medicine is actually MORE expensive than the pharm grade stuff. You know how much I spent on Fin this year? $6.
                            I got a one month supply, but taking it at 0.25 dose every other day, means it will last for 3 years.

Herbal medicine is every bit as commercialized pharmaceuticals. They are still selling you stuff. And the stuff they sell, is mostly ineffective. You tell me the natural treatment that could give me the results I got from $6 of "big phrama" products, that would give me equal results?

Comment

• Herbaliser
                              • Apr 2015

We know how hair loss works?
                              This remedy works for me, and the side effects that many suffers from is actually the opposite with this treatment.
                              The herbal (medicine?) is actually home made and none commercialized.
                              Regards, Snowflake

Comment

Working...