+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Snake oil?

how long have you been on the mussel oil? i read its an anti inflammatory agent much like fish oil, so how does it help with allergies exactly? the studies spoke about it helping with joint pain/arthritis

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    http://kurera.se/musselolja-istallet-for-mediciner-2/ (Lyprinol)
    Unfortunately it´s in Swedish but you can use google translate to get a picture.
    Use the dosage as described on the package and for best results a month before the pollen season begins.
    It helps big time also during the season also, and it was a huge relief for me as my tears, itch, and nose run stopped.
    You can probably find it close to your destination.

About three years.
    But i only use half of the recommended dosage now, since i got a lot better.
    Probably there are no major studies made why it helps allergies and asthma, as you mentioned it´s anti inflammatory and it clears the airway.

These snake oils with pseudo-science as backup to their claims should not be trusted. We know the science behind how hair loss works and using an anti-androgen such as finasteride or dustasteride is the only way to keep hair loss at bay. Only after you have given these meds a try and find them not suitable because of side effects, then you go to the unproven, "natural vitamins and minerals" bullshyt because by that point you have nothing to lose. For 98% of us, however, fin or dut will be enough to stop the loss. To suggest these unproven and usually very expensive alternatives as primary or first lines of defense is ridiculous.

If this stuff really worked, then the person who discovers it will have no issue going through the laborious task of getting it approved for hair loss because it would be a gold mine that will last for hundreds of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pboy101 View Post
    If this stuff really worked, then the person who discovers it will have no issue going through the laborious task of getting it approved for hair loss because it would be a gold mine that will last for hundreds of years.
    Exactly. They could create their own "all natural" cure and make millions. It is what it is. There is NO NATURAL CURE for hair loss. It is not like people haven't been searching for a natural cure, they have, for many years.

There has been thousands of natural hair loss cures like you mention with skeptical or non results.
    There will either be valid natural hair loss treatment due to the ingredients, because there is no legitimate scientific evidence to support it´s efficacy.
    I was also skeptical regarding the before and after videos, but i gave it a shot anyway.

I believe that the oral intake plays a big part for hair loss.
    People that eat or juice a lot greens for health benefit, don't pay that much attention to the hair since there is no label confirming the benefits.
    There are many cases though with aha experience that had hair issues before.
    Chlorella for example has shown really good results (at least they claim so) and combining these with the snake oil gave me aha experience, i feel a nice kick in the head when i drink them.

I someone dares or wants to try it, the only side effects are a major energy boost, good base for Thai food and a nice collection of moisturizing skin care oils.
    This is my experience and i´m not trying to convince anybody.
    I took pictures a week ago as reference and i´m going to post soon the development.

These snake oils with pseudo-science as backup to their claims should not be trusted. We know the science behind how hair loss works and using an anti-androgen such as finasteride or dustasteride is the only way to keep hair loss at bay. Only after you have given these meds a try and find them not suitable because of side effects, then you go to the unproven, "natural vitamins and minerals" bullshyt because by that point you have nothing to lose. For 98% of us, however, fin or dut will be enough to stop the loss. To suggest these unproven and usually very expensive alternatives as primary or first lines of defense is ridiculous.

I´m just amazed by some of the aggressive posts, when i approach in a modest way as a alternative method.
    I know your (as you mentioned us Fin users) drugs are FDA approved and therefore valid and only minor 2% with side effects, and those 2% are probably only placebo, because of all the stupid horror stories. http://www.drugwatch.com/dangerous-drugs.php

Natural is bullshit for fighting MPB.....

If you think supplements and diet can stop MPB there were plenty of guys on the immortal hair program that im sure lost plenty of hair over the years going the route since that is what he pushed for years on hair loss regrowth forums. I wouldnt say its impossible it could work just that I have never seen much evidence or before/after where it made a big difference.
    Everyone in prison eats the same crap for decades and hair loss is there and varied just like it is here with people eating much healthier diets. Its just hard for me to believe but anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    I´m just amazed by some of the aggressive posts, when i approach in a modest way as a alternative method.
    I know your (as you mentioned us Fin users) drugs are FDA approved and therefore valid and only minor 2% with side effects, and those 2% are probably only placebo, because of all the stupid horror stories. http://www.drugwatch.com/dangerous-drugs.php
    The reason why we don't trust unproven "natural" remedies is because they don't have a good track record of success. You say that the drug companies are the ones making money off of fear, but they have a large amount of scientific research behind their claims. These snake oil salesmen on the other hand, prey upon the fear of side effects that are stated by the drug companies and jump in with their "natural vitamins and minerals" BS with no scientific backing and sell them to you for $50 per bottle per month or whatever.

Now I understand that you are probably not trying to sell or advertise anything, but do respect our time because for hair loss sufferers, time = hair. If you really believe what you are promoting, then take the effort to document the process and let us know when you have some decent before and after pictures to show. One picture of a balding head with no time stamp and then a lot of words isn't going to convince anybody, just saying.

By the way, there are lawsuits against every single drug out there, even the simple everyday ones like tylenol and ibuprofen. It is a rather lucrative way of making money because these people who bring forth the claims lose practically nothing if they lose the case and win millions if they win. I believe there are risks to taking every medicine, albeit very very small risks, but unless you wanna go all natural and go back 1000 years to eating herbs, plants, and prayers, I think we should trust our modern day science and medicine.

The reason why we don't trust unproven "natural" remedies is because they don't have a good track record of success. You say that the drug companies are the ones making money off of fear, but they have a large amount of scientific research behind their claims. These snake oil salesmen on the other hand, prey upon the fear of side effects that are stated by the drug companies and jump in with their "natural vitamins and minerals" BS with no scientific backing and sell them to you for $50 per bottle per month or whatever.

Now I understand that you are probably not trying to sell or advertise anything, but do respect our time because for hair loss sufferers, time = hair. If you really believe what you are promoting, then take the effort to document the process and let us know when you have some decent before and after pictures to show. One picture of a balding head with no time stamp and then a lot of words isn't going to convince anybody, just saying.

By the way, there are lawsuits against every single drug out there, even the simple everyday ones like tylenol and ibuprofen. It is a rather lucrative way of making money because these people who bring forth the claims lose practically nothing if they lose the case and win millions if they win. I believe there are risks to taking every medicine, albeit very very small risks, but unless you wanna go all natural and go back 1000 years to eating herbs, plants, and prayers, I think we should trust our modern day science and medicine.
    Your last sentences proves my point.
    For me hair loss is not science.