+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Anyone else excited with all the action?

For years its been a very depressing outlook with no light at the end of the tunnel. But within the last few months were seeing alot of research from multipul sources and some promising work. I can't help but get excited by thinking with all the action that we will in the near future have something better than we've ever had. Almost seems like a race now with a bunch of companies trying to be first on the market and thats good for us. Also want to say thx to all the posters for the posative and informative info being shared. Its communities like this that help us stay informed. With all this action i really feel we will have something soon, theres just to much going on to think some one wont nail it soon. Keep up the good work folks

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    For years its been a very depressing outlook with no light at the end of the tunnel. But within the last few months were seeing alot of research from multipul sources and some promising work. I can't help but get excited by thinking with all the action that we will in the near future have something better than we've ever had. Almost seems like a race now with a bunch of companies trying to be first on the market and thats good for us. Also want to say thx to all the posters for the posative and informative info being shared. Its communities like this that help us stay informed. With all this action i really feel we will have something soon, theres just to much going on to think some one wont nail it soon. Keep up the good work folks
    We will my friend!

Hell no.

Not too far ago we had Intercitex, Aderans, Histogen, Follica, CB-03-01, all working at the same time, alongside more dubious products like PRP and Gho

For a while, it seemed like a company made a big announcement every 15 days. It felt like the cure was right around the corner. There were fights because people were calling others morons just because they were about to get an HT in the coming weeks

It all went nowhere

Don't make the same mistake, unless we see clear evidence of independently verified results, there is no reason to be excited.

This is all true unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Hell no.

Not too far ago we had Intercitex, Aderans, Histogen, Follica, CB-03-01, all working at the same time, alongside more dubious products like PRP and Gho

For a while, it seemed like a company made a big announcement every 15 days. It felt like the cure was right around the corner. There were fights because people were calling others morons just because they were about to get an HT in the coming weeks

It all went nowhere

Don't make the same mistake, unless we see clear evidence of independently verified results, there is no reason to be excited.
    Some of the products you mention are still alive so its too early to say it all went nowhere. Obviously we were a little naive and misjudged the time to market.

Nevertheless I am VERY excited with all the action today, and my personal non scientific guess is that we we will have a side-free product available that halts hairloss within 1-2 years and a cure within 5-10 years.

Hell no.

It all went nowhere

+1

Hell no.

It all went nowhere

Intercitex, Aderans both were a joke. Histogen works, it just won't make enough money for an investor to want to bring it to market. Follica, PRP and CB have all progressed and continue to. Replicel got a major investor and is running 4 clinical trials for a massive phase IIb. Kythera bought patents on PGD2 and are testing setipiprant, which has already made it through a phase III so they can bring it to market fast if it works in their POC trial. SM came out of nowhere with a massive phase II trial. Dr. Wesley Pilofocus is advancing drastically and there's more hope for regeneration in this, backed by numerous science that is already out there, then there has ever been with Gho. Bim? Who knows, I don't have hopes for it as I figure they'd have released results by summer, but we will see in the next month or two. Furthermore, we are finding out more people are working on this every day then we'd have even imagined. Stemcell breakthroughs occur every day now and we are learning more and more about this condition. I would say anyone who thinks we are in a more negative position now then we were 4 years ago is delusional; Science doesn't go backwards.

From my point of view everything that require more then 4 years is useless, steam cell is something a slow balding teen could be interested in because it will work properly in 10year+ if lucky, but for us in our late 20 nw2-3 we have only bim-follicept-seti maybe cb and replicel if they speed up everything, i'm not interested in 2020+ treatment if i need transplant to cover the head anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    From my point of view everything that require more then 4 years is useless, steam cell is something a slow balding teen could be interested in because it will work properly in 10year+ if lucky, but for us in our late 20 nw2-3 we have only bim-follicept-seti maybe cb and replicel if they speed up everything, i'm not interested in 2020+ treatment if i need transplant to cover the head anyway...
    A hair transplant is currently an "all-in" strategy. You save up, find a reliable doctor, get the surgery, and hopefully can pair it with fin to prevent further loss. Lots of guys are getting very good results from this - the only problem is it's not a permanent fix.

But why would treatments 4 years out be 'useless'? That would mean that a transplant (assuming they continue to be refined or even measurably improved in the case of pilofocus) could really just be a means to an end. A treatment to bridge the gap to successful hair treatments that can maintain hair more effectively than fin, regrow it as well as minox and not have any of the dangerous side effects. That's what I'm hoping for at least.

I for one am not that excited about future treatments. Then again, I know very little about them so what's my opinion worth.

The reason I'm not that excited about them is because most of them are probably going to take a while to come out and I just don't have that much time. In fact, most of us don't have that time. I know there was (and still is?) some hype about OC and Seti coming out rather quickly and I believe there are already some people trying it out through the black market. So maybe we can focus on some black market treatments in the near future.

Maybe I can find the courage in the near future to just buzz everything off and to be done with this whole hair loss shit. I don't know anymore what's bothering me more, being bald or the depressing wait on treatments, something that drives me batshit crazy from time to time