+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    So if you trial seti on yourself and trade based on that. Watch out, that's insider trading.
    lol, it's not something I'm opposed to. However, we won't know dosage until they start their POC trial. Setipiprant isn't going to be hard to get on the black market if people want.

So if you trial seti on yourself and trade based on that. Watch out, that's insider trading.
    I don't think the SEC would go after him....

Thats an interesting idea you bring up. This is the best I could find http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16761384/ which states it is not insider trading without an agreement explicitly saying otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    I must be imaging that cringeworthy Aderans timeline picture with Homer Simpson included that made rounds over the internet. People were really excited about Aderans back then
    People thought they might have had a product coming soon back in 11-12 as they were in Phase III I believe, problem was, they showed the results and it was crap, there was nothing to get excited about. Noone really took them seriously though as they had been in Phase II-III since like 2006 and all signs pointed to them going downhill.

It was actually a depressing time 2-3 years ago, Most people knew we were 5+ years from a new product minimum(histogen was the only close one), now I'd say we are approaching the 2-3 year timeframe with the amount of products pushing forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    Thats an interesting idea you bring up. This is the best I could find http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16761384/ which states it is not insider trading without an agreement explicitly saying otherwise.
    Good find

Sorry a bit off topic here. So they can make meat from stem cells without even touching a living cow any more, those beef burgers will be avail this year to the public and will cost $11 for a patty. Also arctic apples will start selling their GMO apple that never browns this summer in canada (kinda scary). So they can make beef without a cow and apples that never brown, how about some hairs! You can look at it either way, one side will say they dont care about us or the smart folks are working in the food industry and the optimistic will say thats amazing science and our bald heads arnt far off from getting some shade again. I'm with the optimistic bunch because i personally think its crazy to think they wont figure out how to grow hair back sooner than later. I mean beef without a cow blows my mind, just my opinion folks

is setipiprant able to regrow hair or only to maintain?

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    is setipiprant able to regrow hair or only to maintain?
    No one knows. They are starting their proof of concept trial in late 2015/early 2016, so we will know that by end of 2016/beginning of 2017.

I was just throwing out some old magazines about five months ago, and Time from 198X had something about the cure for hair loss being just a few years off on the cover.

A cure for baldness is like the return of Christ. Lots of people always promising it, but it's never come. I tend to think the safe bet is usually "Things will be like they are now" rather than "Magic is coming!".

I think there will eventually be some progress. But whether that's five years from now, or twenty is hard to say. I also tend to think the best treatments are always going to be prevention. People who already have lost hair, are probably screwed. Now and in the future.

Yeah I agree predicting the future is silly because you cant do it. I think evidence right now lends credibility that some new treatment will exist in the next 5 years but nothing is certain. A cure like regrowing huge amounts of hair is a very distant thing for sure.