+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Deciding between Koray Erdogan and Hakan Doganay.

Hi all,

So I decided to do a FUE HT in May. At first after careful consideration and consultation with a friend who was a patient of Dr. Feriduni I opted for Dr. Koray Erdogan and he proposed 2100 grafts to fix my hairline and lower it an inch in the frontal rea. But after I've told him that I want to thicken my center where my parting is at the expense of the grafts of my hairline I was told I need additional 400 grafts. So the price went up another 1000 Eur. With the Medical package, PRP, acommodation and transfer expenses the price is 7040 Eur which is really expensive for me but it could save money over the summer and do it in October.

So I've contacted Dr. Hakan Doganay and I was quoted between 1500-2000. I am thinking of going to Dr. Doganay since I will pay only 4000 eur and I could use the rest of the money for other things in life. I know Erdogan is a high graft dense packer and that's one of the reasons why his hairlines look so amazing but from the work I've seen so far on Dr. Doganay I am sure that he could do similar results if he was doing such dense packing as well.

If it wasn't for the price I would go to Dr. Erdogan but in the end I don't think, especially for my case. that there is much of a difference really.

I am getting imaptient to wait until September, I want my hair for the summer. But then again maybe it's better to squeeze in extra buck for extra results.

Help please? Any advice would be helpful. Also I would be more than grateful if any former patient of both doctors would like to share their experience.

Cheers!

Save more money.

Two points:

1.) Go to whom you want based on your gut, not your wallet.
    2.) You won't have your hair for the summer even if you had your procedure yesterday. If you have it today you'll have your hair by Fall, mid October at the very earliest but full result not till about Xmas. If you mean summer of 2016, then yes, you will have it by then if you have your procedure this September.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I must say, they are equally good in my opinion. Their price is "kind of" determined by who uses the Internet and forums better..

Bear in mind that 2-3 years ago, their prices were cheaper and one of them used the Internet better and increased the price quote more.

I have been deciding between the two as well. I think dr Koray, even though more expensive, may be a better choice. I have been in contact with their staff pretty frequently. I'd be going from the U.S. And flight time is like 10hrs so it kinda sucks in that way. Also, they recommend paying in cash so you'd have to bring it which is also a huge red flag.

Whatever you choose, I wish you the best of luck and if I get mine before you, I'll update this thread! Good luck man!

Thank you for the replies guys. I opted for Dr. Erdogan.

Ziggyz123 Thank you! Good luck to you to! When are you planning your procedure? I am planning to go in September/October. If you want we can communicate on Skype, I have lots of info on both doctors.

Vincent777, I am actually trying to do this by June the latest! I'd have to download skype to my tablet or computer. When I do, I'll hit you back on here!

Dr. Rashid, it really comes down to a few things for me. I'm a younger transplant seeker and do not want a visible scar at this stage in my life (24). Fue is what I'd like and where I live (nj), prices for Fue are very high. Dr. Feller being $10 a graft and true and forum being 8-10 for example.. They are AMAZING Dr.'s, but I can't spend nearly 18000 on a transplant at this age. Also, I really like the results from Dr. Koray.. And yes, if I stay at the clinic the meals, transportation to and from airport, and translator are free.

I think I was quoted something like 7,800 U.S. Dollars with the plane ticket, prp, and staying at the clinic while receiving 2,000 grafts to restore/thicken my existing hairline.. You are right that I risk infection, etc.. However, I was planning on using Dr. Rahal in Canada, but even he is far so I realized it's a risk either way. Fue prices can be completely outrageous at some clinics which made me start to look for other options. If pretty much do anything with what I have to restore my frontal region even if it means traveling to another country.

Sorry, true and dorin****

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD View Post
    I agree with Joe
    I think for all of us who are traveling, yes, it's mainly the price reduction.
    I went with Dr. Doganay last September, paid USD$5,000 for all including travel tickets and 1500 grafts.

I remember searching for the FUE Drs here in USA and they charged USD$10 graft so just for the HT I would had ended paying $15,000.

Of course We'all are willing to spend our good money, but what Dr. charges here in USA is just for the rich ad famous.