+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by boricotico View Post
    I think for all of us who are traveling, yes, it's mainly the price reduction.
    I went with Dr. Doganay last September, paid USD$5,000 for all including travel tickets and 1500 grafts.

I remember searching for the FUE Drs here in USA and they charged USD$10 graft so just for the HT I would had ended paying $15,000.

Of course We'all are willing to spend our good money, but what Dr. charges here in USA is just for the rich ad famous.
    Hey, so how did the procedure go with Dr. Doganay?

Dr. Doganay does graft extraction and implant from what I've heard.

Vincent, I'm sorry I didn't see you question until now.

Let me separate my answer in two.

1. Decision to undergo HT. I'm 100% happy with my decision. I would do it again no doubts.

2. HT Results. I'd say I'm probably 40-50% happy with the results at the moment (8th month after). I know at this time I should have been in a better place regarding my new hair, but reality is, things have been difficult, for the first 2 months I had this sharp pain in my donor and a lot of pimples, also the hair in the donor looked awful. I have to say my donor hair started to feel as good as before just 2 months ago. So, kind of the same has happened with the recipient. For the first 5/6 months I didn't notice any drastic change and I thought nothing was going to happen, but the last 2 months I've seen a good progression in general, not that I have full hair but really looks like something good is happening and while I don't think I' going to get the results I went for, the actual change has given me a lot of confidence.

I agree with Dr. Cole's points in some way. Dr Doganay performs both, extraction and implant, but not completely. He starts the extraction and then give directions to the nurses on the zone they're going to take the hair from, then comes regularly to check them work. With the implant is more or less like that. He worked on my temples so He did one side and two nurses alternated each other to do the other side.

Yes, there's a worry because They were talking all the time in Turkish and I was wondering if what they were saying was good or bad, but all the crew seemed like they've been working together for a long time.

I am suprised Dr Ozgur does not have more results posted online. His results are outstanding. I had the opportunity to meet with a client of his in person last year, the work was outstanding, over 5k beard to scalp, high yield pristine donor. I believe he uses a small manual hand punch
    combined with the stick and place technique. Well worth a consult and would be good to see more of their work online

ej

I've also begun looking at hair transplants and these two seem like my best bet. They almost seem too good to be true though, for the price. Looking at the pictures on their websites it looks like the same quality of results compared with UK clinics (where I'm from), but for a third of the price. It's not as if they're some dodgy backstreet clinics. These two are both well respected, with countless good reviews and visible results, and members of Hair Transplant Network etc.

What's the catch?

Likewise, I'm also looking at Koray Erdogen - curious if there are any updates from the guys who posted on this thread earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by boricotico View Post
    Yes, there's a worry because They were talking all the time in Turkish and I was wondering if what they were saying was good or bad, but all the crew seemed like they've been working together for a long time.
    Lol I recently had a procedure there and I was thinking the same thing. The only English was "Sorry Sorry" when they extracted from somewhere that hadn't numbed properly.

Dr Hakan did some of the work but the nurses did most. I've had a few hair transplants before. One of them was performed mainly by nurses and had a stronger yield than another performed by a respected surgeon. That being said both yielded well.

Hopefully Dr Doganay is the same but you still have those fears in the ugly duckling stages.

I am not going to mention any names here and from those of you that know me, I apologize in advance if I am continually repeating myself. However, I think it is VERY dangerous for young men who are experiencing very RECENT and diffuse hair loss due to MEDICATIONS or physiological STRESS to jump the gun and undergo immediate hair transplants to remedy the problem.

i hope you will see my comment , if am not mistaken yo have had hairtransplant with Dr. Özgür Oztan , am desperately curious about how was your experience with him ? are you satisfied with the results and service?

Hey Guys, can anyone give me an estimate on how much it would cost with Dr.koray for 1500 gratfs.