+ Reply to Thread

Default Itching/sore scalp ON propecia HELP!

Guys I am so lost. I took propecia to just maintain my hair. Had no issues with density or anything like that, but right side of hairline started to recede. Took it and at the one year mark, my head hurt like crazy, had MASSIVE SHED, itching, burning, All that good stuff. It's now been 1 year and six months and my whole scalp feels sore when I run my hands through my hair not to mention my hairline is itchy as hell. I don't know if I'm just not a responder or maybe fin f***** my hormones up.. But Literally EVERYTIME I run my hand through my hair, I'll have 3+ around my fingers.

I had two doctors tell me to quit but I don't know if somehow it maintained something ( even though I'm shedding from all over).. When the shed started, I did have a slightly increased sex drive that has since disappeared somewhat but I'm still pretty horny.. Long story short, I haven't seen one positive result on propecia and need guidance. I've been shedding since November, 2 of those months were insane where I was losing 200 hairs in the shower.

HELP HELP HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Guys I am so lost. I took propecia to just maintain my hair. Had no issues with density or anything like that, but right side of hairline started to recede. Took it and at the one year mark, my head hurt like crazy, had MASSIVE SHED, itching, burning, All that good stuff. It's now been 1 year and six months and my whole scalp feels sore when I run my hands through my hair not to mention my hairline is itchy as hell. I don't know if I'm just not a responder or maybe fin f***** my hormones up.. But Literally EVERYTIME I run my hand through my hair, I'll have 3+ around my fingers.

I had two doctors tell me to quit but I don't know if somehow it maintained something ( even though I'm shedding from all over).. When the shed started, I did have a slightly increased sex drive that has since disappeared somewhat but I'm still pretty horny.. Long story short, I haven't seen one positive result on propecia and need guidance. I've been shedding since November, 2 of those months were insane where I was losing 200 hairs in the shower.

HELP HELP HELP
    Propecia did the same thing for me and I have been dealing with the shed and scalp inflammation since 2012. Minocycline will give you a few months break from the itch, rogaine also stopped it but I had to discontinue its usage due to cardiac side ffects, good luck

Wow, are you serious??.. You quit propecia and it never went away? I'm sorry man. However, I'm friggen so scared now

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Wow, are you serious??.. You quit propecia and it never went away? I'm sorry man. However, I'm friggen so scared now
    Yeah but for alot of people it did go away, or they were able to stop it again with RU or DUT. Good luck, keep me posted.

I'm on 1mg generic finasteride a day, full dose for about 2 months now and I have exactly the same. The itch is unbearable, makes me want to carve a knife in my scalp to get rid of that fcking itch.

I use fin, minox, keto and ru (ru on hair line only). Maybe the itch is caused by minox (as there's alcohol and propylene glycol in it) in my case though. Do you use minox? If so, then it miht be related to that

Maybe you can try using pure Emu-oil on your scalp and still continue with your remedy?
    You can read about itīs benefits.

Illusion, I was using Minox for two years, liquid for the last year. When this itching and what not started, I had to quit minoxidil because it was irritating me. Being off of it had a slight effect, however it could just be that the weather changed or something. I really think fin is responsible because when this shed hit me and itching, my libido went up a bit. It has leveled off where I'm not super horny, but it thinned out the entire left side of my head. BAD.

I don't have any help, I don't take fin for the reason of those kind of things amongst other reasons.

However, I got a suggestion. Get a blood test and find out if everything is in fact normal.

I had bloodwork done for thyroid and multiple others, all clear and normal levels. However, my endochronologist kept canceling my appointments because she felt I was healthy so I never got hormones checked. I can only imagine where my testosterone levels were when this started. I don't feel "as" horny as before, but I can tell you this, when I would do stuff with my girlfriend, ejaculation felt literally insane. It never felt like that before lol so I know finasteride messed with something. But I stayed on to "ride it out" and I still shed anytime I touch my hair, wash my hair, or style my hair. Gradually worsening.

Quote Originally Posted by mpbsucks View Post
    Yeah but for alot of people it did go away, or they were able to stop it again with RU or DUT. Good luck, keep me posted.
    Hi mpbsucks. I read a lof of your postst. How ia you hairloss now?