+ Reply to Thread

Default I desperately need some advice

Hi. 23 years old, receded quite a lot (nw3 I think?). Crown is intact and by the looks of my family will stay intact; father, grandfathers and most uncles are nw3-4 with no thinning on the crown.
    I'm guessing my best chances would be on finasteride, though I've read mixed stories about fin and temple recession. Any thoughts? Is there any hope left for me???

Thanks in advance, sorry for crappy pictures but you'll get the idea I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	38570   Click image for larger version

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	38571   Click image for larger version

Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	38572  

Have you give minoxidil a try? for sure fin will be more effective but sides are also something you will need to consider

I used fin for 10 years when I was in my twenties and was able to hold most of my hair.

Give a visit to your doctor and ask about it before you start any treatment but for your there is still hope!

Hey man, I think you'd be considered an NW2.5

Don't listen to people about side effects and "Finasteride the hairline destroyer". You have an aggressive case of MPB and because of that, I would suggest taking Dutasteride 0.5mg EOD. I would also apply 5% Minoxidil to your hairline. You're best off with the foam version since it dries quickly. If you wanted to apply Minoxidil to other areas of your scalp, I'd recommend the liquid version as it is better for longer hair.

Don't delay man! Get on the big three!

I would say try the big three and if sides occur stop using it.
    My self had big side effects of minoxidil, and it took me i while to realize what caused it.
    Try it out but if symptoms appear stop using it, because it took me about 4 months to get rid of the agony.
    I´ts good if it works you but in some cases like me got sides.

Thank you for the replies! Much appreciated. Will hurry up now and try to get on the big 3 as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BiqqieSmalls View Post
    Hey man, I think you'd be considered an NW2.5

Don't listen to people about side effects and "Finasteride the hairline destroyer". You have an aggressive case of MPB and because of that, I would suggest taking Dutasteride 0.5mg EOD. I would also apply 5% Minoxidil to your hairline. You're best off with the foam version since it dries quickly. If you wanted to apply Minoxidil to other areas of your scalp, I'd recommend the liquid version as it is better for longer hair.

Don't delay man! Get on the big three!
    I think there is no need to start with Dutasteride. It is usually prescribed if finasteride does not work. Give a try to Finasteride. It will work for you.

There is definitely hope left! As mentioned get on the big 3, although I don't think minoxidil is of that much use personally. If you can stabilise your loss in a few years can get a good transplant of 2-3k grafts and there we go!

Hopefully it is that simple for you good luck

Quote Originally Posted by thejack View Post
    There is definitely hope left! As mentioned get on the big 3, although I don't think minoxidil is of that much use personally. If you can stabilise your loss in a few years can get a good transplant of 2-3k grafts and there we go!

Hopefully it is that simple for you good luck
    Once again thanks for the replies. Will try to get on finasteride and nizoral and eventually add minoxidil later on.

Spot on on the hair transplant. I'm 99% sure I won't get balder than NW4, would it be reasonable to go back to NW2 after a 2 or 3k transplant? Once again thanks for the replies I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by cursed View Post
    Once again thanks for the replies. Will try to get on finasteride and nizoral and eventually add minoxidil later on.

Spot on on the hair transplant. I'm 99% sure I won't get balder than NW4, would it be reasonable to go back to NW2 after a 2 or 3k transplant? Once again thanks for the replies I appreciate it.
    no worries, and yes your hairline would be lowered a decent amount with those numbers

Quote Originally Posted by RanDave View Post
    I think there is no need to start with Dutasteride. It is usually prescribed if finasteride does not work. Give a try to Finasteride. It will work for you.
    I suggested Dut because he has an aggressive case of MPB.