Does a stand alone PRP ACell injection causes any side effects? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does a stand alone PRP ACell injection causes any side effects?

On a past post I asked about the treatment (Hair Regeneration Tricho stem)offered by a dr Amiya Prasad but it seems that there is no feedback on this particular treatment, in any case Ive been reading posts about the success or failure of treatments that involve PRP or PRP combined with Acell, and without falling in the debate of the treatment effectiveness, I would like feedback or a doctors opinion regarding possible side effects of this type of treatment, Ive read published studies on prp that mention that there are no apparent side effects as consecuence, nevertheless, Ive seen posts on this and other forums(very few, but still) that say that hairloss worsened as a result of the treatment, so Id be grateful if someone could comment , specially regarding the PRP ACELL treatment, if there is any known negative side effect from it or if all the anecdotal hairloss worsening side effects from this type of treatment are just the natural progression of the hairloss, with no relation to the treatment.

Enterprise, I had a PRP/ACELL treatment in late December 2014. For about 4 weeks afterward my hairloss seemed to slow down, but after that the hairloss has increased dramatically. Ive always had some hair fall out while combing my hair, but this is ridiculous. Its been 4 months post treatment and its gotten so much thinner in areas.
    They warned me of possible shock loss following the procedure but I really doubt that's what im experiencing right now. Ive contacted the doctors office and they keep trying to reassure me that "the hair cycle is complicated" and that I shouldn't worry, but I believe they are full of it and im plenty worried. I cant say for certain that the PRP was the cause of this much loss, but it definitely isn't helping at all. Its been a huge waste of money.
    Please be cautious if you are planning on having this done, there are no guarantees of anything positive happening

Im definitely sorry to hear that, so you are worse now than 4 months ago? could you share the name the doctor you use?

Sure it was mcgrath in austin texas. siad the 3500 dollar treatment should last me 3 years. im just hoping whatever was injected runs it course and exits my scalp asap. every time i contact them they keep saying they will make the dr aware of the situation and that he should be responding back to me. he hasnt and suspect he never will

Default Hi i am considering have the prp +acell from dr amiya prasad too.

Quote Originally Posted by enterprise951 View Post
    on a past post i asked about the treatment (hair regeneration tricho stem)offered by a dr amiya prasad but it seems that there is no feedback on this particular treatment, in any case ive been reading posts about the success or failure of treatments that involve prp or prp combined with acell, and without falling in the debate of the treatment effectiveness, i would like feedback or a doctors opinion regarding possible side effects of this type of treatment, ive read published studies on prp that mention that there are no apparent side effects as consecuence, nevertheless, ive seen posts on this and other forums(very few, but still) that say that hairloss worsened as a result of the treatment, so id be grateful if someone could comment , specially regarding the prp acell treatment, if there is any known negative side effect from it or if all the anecdotal hairloss worsening side effects from this type of treatment are just the natural progression of the hairloss, with no relation to the treatment.
    hi
    i am considering have that prp plus acell from dr amiya prasad too. Doing alot research on line.did you get that done at last? If you did how is the result and what the cost is . Thanks advandce.

Just wanted to say its been a yr since i had this done and what i lost never came back

It has the unwanted side-effects of miniaturising your wallet and encouraging other people to waste their money on that worthless shit.

I live farway and considering the acell+prp by Dr. Prasad. Have you tried it yet?your feedback is appreciated. Thank you

Hi Ming? Have you tried the prp+acell yet? Appreciate your feedback.

people must be careful in choosing doctors plz