+ Reply to Thread

Default Greens and hair oil treatment

Hi,

I started slowly loosing hair about 15 years ago, and started with a minoxidil treatment 10 years ago.
    Worked well i the beginning with a fast hair regrowth, but sadly i had to stop due to the side effects as puffiness and rashes.

We bought a slow juicer for health reasons and i started to read about juice, and other so called natural hair beneficial ingredients to at least slow down my hair fall.
    Been drinking greens such as spinach, cucumber, celery etc.. and drinking chlorella powder every day for 6 weeks now.

I have also used a hair treatment with coconut, emu, castor oil and green tea on my scalp every other day
    I was amazed that new hair was growing a week ago and its steady increasing.
    Probably it varies from person and personal needs to block hair loss, and this seems to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Hi,

I started slowly loosing hair about 15 years ago, and started with a minoxidil treatment 10 years ago.
    Worked well i the beginning with a fast hair regrowth, but sadly i had to stop due to the side effects as puffiness and rashes.

We bought a slow juicer for health reasons and i started to read about juice, and other so called natural hair beneficial ingredients to at least slow down my hair fall.
    Been drinking greens such as spinach, cucumber, celery etc.. and drinking chlorella powder every day for 6 weeks now.

I have also used a hair treatment with coconut, emu, castor oil and green tea on my scalp every other day
    I was amazed that new hair was growing a week ago and its steady increasing.
    Probably it varies from person and personal needs to block hair loss, and this seems to work for me.
    I like to use oils(EV olive oil) a couple of hours before showering and then castor oil with 2.1% peppermint oil applied also 30 minutes before showering.

Is that brewed green tea or powder?

Interesting about chlorella powder that it is an immunostimulant. Like other immunostimulants like echinacea it is not recommended to take every day.

http://robbwolf.com/2012/01/19/troja...lla-superfood/

I take 2 tsp of the chlorella powder mixed with water every morning.
    Started taking it after a while as my body got used to the high amount of greens from juicing.

The green tea is mixed as powder with the oils and a couple of tsp castile soap, for easier rinse so the oils won´t occlude the hair follies.
    I think that the oral intake is important as the topical for efficiency.

Congratulations for your success, its good to hear positive stories!!! It’s true that green tea benefits your hair and scalp as well, though this area of benefits is less likely discussed when come to green tea. The epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) found in green tea can help in hair loss prevention. This powerful antioxidant has been found in researches to be an effective hair growth stimulant. Catechins are naturally present in green tea. Consumption of high amounts of green tea increases the amount of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) in the bloodstream. SHBG catches testosterone before it can be converted to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Catechins help in repressing DHT or dihydrotestosterone which are the main cause for hair loss. This can help in avoiding hair fall naturally. There are many convenient options available in market. If you don’t like drinking herbal hot tea (brewed hot green tea) then, you can drink cold green tea. Green tea pills are available in market.

Thank you,
    I also drink one cup of green tea every day.
    Probably the green tea is the main ingredient for blocking, and the others as a boost.
    I was surprised though that new hair was starting to grow, and therefore i´m sticking with hair mask also to see the development.
    The hair mask was more of curiosity reasons when i changed my diet, to see if there is a possibility to stop hair loss in a different way.
    The main ingredients that i eat (drink) is Spinach, celery, kale, green tea, chia seeds and chlorella powder aside from the normal food.
    Just sharing my experience to others, as an option to the conventional medical treatments.

Sounds great, but that seems like it would be a pain in the butt to acquire all those vegetable and other nutrients for juices. You wouldn't happen to know where I could get all of the ingredients you mention, but in a simple easy to take pill form?

A think the chlorella itself is enough and green tea.
    We started juicing for many other reasons and i think the other greens are helping, but not as much as the other mentioned.
    It was my wife first that noticed the new hair popping out and i said it´s probably just baby hair, but then they grew longer than my old hair.
    I shave my hair about to 5 mm long because of the hair loss, and it looks quiet funny actually with new light hair coming steadily and they become thick after a while.
    http://www.ivlproducts.com/Health-Li...ent-Superfood/
    One opinion regarding the super food and there is always going to believers and skepticism, but i gave it a try and it seems to work for me.
    I´m going to post some pictures on my hair and put in new ones frequently to show the progress.