Closed Thread

Unhappy My experience with Dr. DeYarman

I had a second FUT last week with a local Texas doctor, but that's not what I want to talk about. I had my first surgery a little over 2 years ago with Dr. Deyarman in California. I'm sure he's a great physician, based on his portfolio and reputation, but my results were abysmal, despite a large session of 3,449 grafts. 15 months after my surgery, I took these photographs and sent them to the doctor requesting a partial refund:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Before-After.jpg

Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	38536Click image for larger version

Name:	Ollocip.jpg

Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	38537Click image for larger version

Name:	Dot 1.jpg

Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	38538Click image for larger version

Name:	Dot 2.jpg

Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	38539Click image for larger version

Name:	Dot 3.jpg

Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	38540Click image for larger version

Name:	Dot 4.jpg

Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	38541Click image for larger version

Name:	Dot 5.jpg

Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	38542Click image for larger version

Name:	Dot 6.jpg

Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	38543Click image for larger version

Name:	Scar.jpg

Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	38544

He agreed, much to my delight. This was followed my months of silence. I'd call or email and sometimes I'd get the usual "we'll get back with you" reply. I didn't want to be THAT customer, so I was patient for months. I finally wrote a very strongly worded email, trying to explain how I didn't appreciate being ignored. His office wrote back, offering a free FUE session with their ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant system. I declined for a few reasons:
    1. I actually sought out FUE here in Texas and consulted with three reputable doctors. All three told me the same thing: I still have really good elasticity and they recommended FUT.
    2. I didn't want to trust my donor area to an office that I don't have any faith in.
    3. Based on personal reasons, traveling half-way across the country wasn't an option for me.

I politely declined and requested that they honor our original agreement. Silence. I last called their office a month ago and left a message. Nothing. Even if they had replied with "you're crazy, kid, stop bothering us", I would've appreciated being acknowledged. Let me tell ya, when I was trying to schedule my original procedure, I didn't have to wait more than a couple of hours for a call.

I've neglected posting this here for a couple of reasons. First, I wanted to be polite and do this right. Second, I was/am humiliated. Talking about this publicly isn't easy.

As I mentioned earlier, I had a surgery last week. So far, the recovery process has been great. The doctor and his team has had me in their office multiple times to make sure everything is healing properly. The surgery was much smaller (2000-ish grafts) but I hope that a year from now I can post great photos.

Over the past year, coming to terms with my 1st surgery, I've tried everything to cover up. Powder, make-up, a wig, a massive/embarrassing combover. I was fortunate enough to have the cash to pay for the first surgery. This time, I had to go the CareCredit route (not fun), but I hope the results are worth it.

Muzi,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Since your complaint does appear to be legitimate it will remain live. However, please refer to our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service under “Physician Complaints.”

For quick reference see below:

Physician Complaints

If you are seeking to write a public complaint about a doctor, you will be required to verify your identity and BaldTruthTalk.Com will then notify the doctor so that he/she can respond publicly as well. The thread will allow for the patient to tell their story, the doctor to respond, the patient to reply to the doctor's response and one last response from the doctor if necessary. The thread will then be locked. General commentary from other users will not be allowed.

In order to maintain and protect your anonymity, please do not post your personal information in this thread. If you would like to provide that information, you can can either send it through our contact form or post in our Private Complaints forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Muzi,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Since your complaint does appear to be legitimate it will remain live. However, please refer to our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service under “Physician Complaints.”

For quick reference see below:

Physician Complaints

If you are seeking to write a public complaint about a doctor, you will be required to verify your identity and BaldTruthTalk.Com will then notify the doctor so that he/she can respond publicly as well. The thread will allow for the patient to tell their story, the doctor to respond, the patient to reply to the doctor's response and one last response from the doctor if necessary. The thread will then be locked. General commentary from other users will not be allowed.

In order to maintain and protect your anonymity, please do not post your personal information in this thread. If you would like to provide that information, you can can either send it through our contact form or post in our Private Complaints forum.

Winston, I was wonder if Dr. Deyarman was made aware of this complaint? It's been a few months since I posted my information in the Private Forum.

Muzi,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Hope things get worked out for you.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

How awful that they communicated so poorly with you. I was considering getting a consult there but this is disheartening.

It's been a year since my second procedure with my new doctor and he did a fantastic job. I'm really happy with the results he achieved.

Sadly, Dr. DeYarman's office never acknowledged this post or my complaint. At least I got the chance to tell me story in this forum, which is more than a lot of people get.

Thumbs up

Its reasonable to think this is scary for most patients. These things speak volumes about what some patients go through.

I think it is tragic but hopefully you get it sorted. In general, all Doctors, should honor what they promise or hinted at delivering. To shy away, it is concerning. It makes any person conclude that this is what they may face when they trust you for their services.

So what was the deal with the red dots on your head?