+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up 1 mg finastreide has stopped working- need your help please

Hello friends,

I'm 37 years old and have been using proscar quarters for about 7 years now.
    it was a a big success for me and i was able to maintain my hair condition over the past years pretty well.
    the problem began about 5-6 months ago. i started gradually to loose more and more hair and now i can notice that my hair is significantly less thick, compared to what it used to be.

i started to look for answers over the net and realized that finastreide effectivity is gradually decreasing over the years and that's may be also my case..

I also read some posts claiming that increasing the dosage to 2-2.5 mg per day can get things back on track for some people and i really consider that option.

I'd appreciate if anyone who had this problem can share from his exprience.

and some technical help:
    I'd like to order from some online pharmacy proscar or some generic proscar (preferred by dr. reddy's . till recently i was able to get original proscar but now i can't unfortunately)
    can anyone recoommennd on a trustable pharmacy which sells 5 mg finastreide and doesn't ask for prescription?
    also, if possible, i prefer pharmacy which accept paypal (the second best is mastercard).

Last question- if i switch now from original proscar )by merck) to generic proscar- could it cause any more shedding?

many thanks in advance and wish you all big success in your hair maintain struggle.

When did you switch to generic fin? I heard that generics cans sometimes be less effective than brand name propecia or proscar.

thanks man for your reply.
    well,I haven't switched yet. I still use originall proscar (for the past 7 years) but soon it will be gone and due to the fact i have no further option to obtain it , i'm looking for generic option (i've heard that finast by dr. reddy are reccommended).
    I'd appreciate your opinion.

I've heard a lot of good things about alldaychemist. They have super cheap deals on finasteride. I bought finpecia a little while ago and got a year supply for less than $70. they also sell Fincar which is generic proscar for even cheaper than the finpecia. It got to my house in less than 10 days from India to california. There is a prescription but you just leave it blank and they still send it.

There could be 2-3 options for you. First, try to increase the dose and see the results. However, increase dose means increasing the chances of side effects too. Or you can even combine minox with same dose and see if it makes difference. Second, take a break of six months from Fin, if you can afford to. No doubt, you will lose your hair somewhat, but you may regain the response to fin, if it has developed resistance at first place. Thirdly, think of switching to Dutasteride. But in the future when long term exposure to it, you may experience serious side effects. It’s all about trial and error mate!!! As this drugs effect varies greatly from person to person, judging their response is quite difficult. Then there is hair transplantation, you can think of. I hope you get the best possible solution at earliest.

thanks Odam,I really appreciate your reply.
    the options I have in mind at the moment are increasing to 2-2/5 mg fin per day or starting with dutas.
    what do you think of combining 1 mg fin with dutas- can this be more effective than dudas by itself?

also- it would be a great help if you can recommend from your experience or what you've heard before, about trustable online pharmacy from which its possible to order online (with paypal/mastercard) without the need of sending a prescription (and of course., without being worried it's fake med)

thanks again mate!

I guess my suggestion was completely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoops View Post
    I guess my suggestion was completely missed.
    thanks mate for your reply.
    I'd aprreciate if you can clarify:
    1. do they offer worldwide shipping?
    2. are they 100% trustable- meanining meds are 100% genuine?
    3. is it possible to pay with paypal/ mastercard?
    4. I didn't understand from your reply if they would send me without prescription , as i don't have any pres. for fincar.
    what did you mean by "There is a prescription but you just leave it blank "??
    thanks in advance!

Check their website for if they ship worldwide, they shipped it to me no problem in less than 2 weeks, I live in usa. As far as I know they're 100% trustable, my finpecia looks legit and all the reviews that I have read say the same, they've been in business since 2002 so I assume if they were selling fakes for that long they would no longer be in business. When I paid they called me and went over my order with me and I gave them my card information over the phone, they then sent me an email with my purchase and then sent me a tracking number for my product which was nice. You DO NOT need a prescription when ordering, you can fill out a form from them if you have one or leave it blank, it doesn't matter. I DO NOT have one and left it blank and they shipped me my finpecia. Everything was 100% smooth with them and I never felt like I was being scammed.

I'm not sure why mpb would be any different than any other disease which drugs develop tolerance. Eventually, the cells work around the pathway you are trying to effect.

So..maybe increase the amount of time in between taking finasteride. I cant remember the studies exactly but there is something like a week for dht to return to baseline(no fin).

Also, there are such things as drug efflux pumps which pump drugs out of cells. This happens in cancer resistance. It could also be happening with mpb or any disease. It likely is one reason for tolerance.

It might be more effective to "pulse" drug treatments to mimic how the body actually works.
    Hormones are released in a pulsatile manner. Wonder why? Could it be that whoever(God) designed us realized there would be no response if hormones were giving cells an always on signal?

There is a study out there saying that lack of IGF-1 is one possible reason for poor response to finasteride. You can increase IGF-1 locally with capsiaicin(I think).