+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Considering Mantse

Thanks for such a detailed article on your experience. I’m genuinely considering Mantse based on the relatively positive reviews, despite your HT experience itself not being ideal. I guess if you get the outcome you want, it was well worth the mind numbing couple of days. Mantse wants to treat me over three days and his quote is very reasonable. How are you getting on now? Hopeful of a good transplant?

Quote Originally Posted by Makemehairy View Post
    Thanks for such a detailed article on your experience. I’m genuinely considering Mantse based on the relatively positive reviews, despite your HT experience itself not being ideal. I guess if you get the outcome you want, it was well worth the mind numbing couple of days. Mantse wants to treat me over three days and his quote is very reasonable. How are you getting on now? Hopeful of a good transplant?
    The swelling hit its peak on day 4/5 when I looked like some weird pixie as my eyelids swelled on both tear ducts side. By day 7 it was gone. Mantse says you don't need to wear a headband but if I were you I'd get one and not tell him. Literally every other clinic tells you to. It's exactly 3 weeks today and all the scabs were gone by day 11. I have redness in the donor area and it's still slightly tender. There is a small patch which looks a bit over harvested but I'm hoping it will look better over the next few weeks. Half of the hairs have already fallen out as expected. I think it will look good after a year, the way he places the hairs looks far better than the gappy look from the Turkish clinics. If you want to go with him consider that the Turkish ones do it in a day and he takes 2 to 3 full days, so he obviously takes his time to do a better job. The numbing needles are excruciating, I would advise you to ask him if you can apply a thick layer of Emla cream an hour before the procedure. At the end of the day it's only the results that matter, and now I'm out of the woods so to speak, I feel a bit better in recommending him. Just don't expect any banter and you'll be bored with 3 days of repeats on the crime channel!

Thanks again Offalsocks. My shortlist is down to Dr Mantse, Dr Sikos (both in Hungary), Dr Erdogan and Dr Dagonay (both in Turkey). I’m leaning away from Dr Dagonay as he’s the only doctor that wants to carry out the transplant in one day. The other suggest 2 days or even three days for Mantse. What concerns me about Mantse is that he’s not IAHRS endorses. However, I’m not sure of the extent to which this is a membership that is simply bought as opposed to earned.

Thanks again,
    Andy

Default Decisions, decisions

Thanks again Offalsocks. My shortlist is down to Dr Mantse, Dr Sikos (both in Hungary), Dr Erdogan and Dr Dagonay (both in Turkey). I’m leaning away from Dr Dagonay as he’s the only doctor that wants to carry out the transplant in one day. The other suggest 2 days or even three days for Mantse. What concerns me about Mantse is that he’s not IAHRS endorsed. However, I’m not sure of the extent to which this is a membership that is simply bought as opposed to earned. Whilst Erdogan seems to have the best ‘credentials’, but seemingly carried out a relatively small fraction of the work. Decisions, decisions!

Wishing you all the best in your continued recovery.
    Andy

Hello,

please let us updated. I am also interested in having hair transplant probably with Dr Mantse and I met him several weeks ago and he was very talkative (at least in hair transplant topics). I would like to have a hair transplant at the end of year.... now I am little bit confused now and also considering Dr Sikos , but although he is in IAHRS he doesn't have only good reviews....

Hi,
    In the end I went for Bissanga-Cole clinic in Athens. I go there is about 5 weeks. I was pretty close to going with Sikos. Ultimately, I decided to go with an option that was twice as expensive, but has a two world renown surgeons. Each to their own - as I say, I was very close to going with Sikos. I have a reasonable amount in savings, but if I didn’t I would have been more cost-conscious.

All the best.

Hi Makemehairy,

thanks for info.

I will check them as well. By the way how is your hair transplant ? Are you satisfied so far ? And why did you prefer dr Sikos over dr Mantse because of IAHRS ?

Thanks

Mantse vs Sikos was a bit of a coin toss for me. Sikos came highly recommended by Spex (think it was him), which gave some weight to my thinking. IAHRS was also important and I had a positive 45 minute conversation with one of the assistants at the clinic who was very realistic.

In terms of my HT, it’s scheduled for the 6-7th of August in Athens. I think Bissanga-Cole in Athens are well worth checking out. Two of the top world surgeons at nearly half their normal prices in Belgium and the US respectively. They have fairly intermittent availability though and I can’t totally recommend at the moment having not had my procedure yet. We’ll see how it goes!!

Cheers.

I don't know Mantse, but I know Dr. Sikos. I like Dr. Sikos. I can tell you that the no-shave FUE originated in 2003. I developed it for patients, who cannot shave their head. I have taught this procedure all over the world. We will have more availability in Athens soon enough. We are expanding to 4 surgery rooms in October most likely. Both Dr. Bisanga and I will be on hand for these procedures. We have been moving slow and meticulously as we train staff in Athens. We want to maintain high quality as our first and primary objective. It's not just about opening the doors and offering more affordable hair restoration. The goal is the same high quality we deliver in our own offices at a more reasonable price. Achieving this objective takes time along with a full-time training program for the team.

Hello Dr. Cole,

I have also sent my photos to your clinic and received an email reply with recommended grafts and that your clinic recommends using topical finasteride. I am very interested in this option. Do I need to have perscription from you or it can be also ordered from other hair restoration doctors ?

How it is possible to get topical finsasteride ?

Thanks