+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Philosophical question about getting a hair transplant vs waiting for a cure.

Im 26 years old with a norwood 3, and I will consider myself to be past my prime physically by the age of 30.

Who knows when a cure will come out? 2018 - 2022

By that time i will be around 30 years old. Will it be worth it to wait untill then and miss out on the remainder of my 20's?

Or should I get a hairtransplant know and enjoy the rest of my twenties?

I think you have to get a hairtransplant and enjoy your life. When a cure will be there, You would be happy
    If not, you can see your hair worse and worse every day and counting days before a cure for us will be hitting the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Westonci View Post
    Im 26 years old with a norwood 3, and I will consider myself to be past my prime physically by the age of 30.

Who knows when a cure will come out? 2018 - 2022

By that time i will be around 30 years old. Will it be worth it to wait untill then and miss out on the remainder of my 20's?

Or should I get a hairtransplant know and enjoy the rest of my twenties?
    If say this is more of an example of a practical question.

A philosophical question would be more like "if a follicle on the scalp collapses and there's no one around to see or hear it then does it really exist ? "

I'd say go for it. I'm around your age and am considering one to. Depending on your rate of loss, it will give you a few years of comfort at least for a potential cure or maintainence to come out. If there is no cure by then, go back and get a touch up hair transplant. As a NW3 you would need between 2k-3k grafts leaving 3k-4k left for the future, that's if u have average donor density. I'd stay away from a strip though and opt for FUE. Also at 26 it would be best to conserve as much donor hair and go with a more mature looking hairline. If worse comes to worse and you are 40+, maxed out of donor hair, and still no cure, well then hey you lived your better years with hair. That's how I view it anyways.

Undoubtedly go for it if it will change your life for the better.

Why wait? You can enjoy the rest of your twenties and then your thirties. I am looking forward to my thirties I wouldn't class it as being past your physical prime at all.

Hair transplant. A cure isn't coming this decade trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Hair transplant. A cure isn't coming this decade trust me.
    But a treatment that brings you back 1~2 norwood, like Replicel MAYBE coming.
    Btw I would wait for Pilofocus.

Westonci, my dear fellow

Allow me to give you some advice young man. By all means seek out a reputable surgeon, and then take his advice.

I was 29 when I took the plunge. However, due to insuficent funds, my first wife took all my money leaving me only a pair of underpants which due to poverty I still have, indeed, I am wearing them now, I ended up doing my transplant on the cheap. In all fairness, i would have been better off performing the procedure myself

The end result is I am now a NW2 at the front and a NW7 at the crown. Its a lovely look for a bird looking to create a nest and raise some young, but not much else.

I also have a scar at the back that Baron Frankenstein would find fascinating, probably spawning a new generation of Horror films making me a millionaire.

Ok, I am exagerating a bit, I look great with a paper bag over my head, but the premise is the same, seek out the advice of an experienced and reputable surgeon.

Lol enjoyed that one Mancini. I was going to take the plunge a few years ago but held off. I'm diffuse so I was advised against it by Bisanga as it would put me at risk of shock loss and end up much worse in all likelyhood. I second Mancini, if you are going to go through with it definitely don't cut any corners. If you're in Europe Bisanga, Ferudini or the like would be your best bet. They are honest with consistent results. If it's not for you they'll tell you so unlike a lot of other who are just after your money.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Lol enjoyed that one Mancini. I was going to take the plunge a few years ago but held off. I'm diffuse so I was advised against it by Bisanga as it would put me at risk of shock loss and end up much worse in all likelyhood. I second Mancini, if you are going to go through with it definitely don't cut any corners. If you're in Europe Bisanga, Ferudini or the like would be your best bet. They are honest with consistent results. If it's not for you they'll tell you so unlike a lot of other who are just after your money.
    Could you explain more why diffuseloser can't have HT?