+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I say always use what exists now first. If you can afford it and it bothers you enough than do it

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Could you explain more why diffuseloser can't have HT?
    Well, I pushed to have one but the guy at Bisangas clinic said my particular type of loss would be risky to have a HT. I have an okay hairline but diffuse thinning all over the top and the trauma from a HT would in all probability cause shock loss and make my hair situation worse. So right now I'm holding tight with RU and hoping like the rest of us. I'm glad they were good enough to advise me against it cos I'd be 5k lighter in the pocket and prolly have less hair than I do now. Diffuse loss and HT's don't really work is the general consensus.

Although, I have seen pics of good results on diffuse loss but it is a big risk to take and odds are you could end up worse off and it would be a lot of money wasted. Particularly, in my case I refuse to take fin and this would really bolster a good HT result. You'd really want to be on fin if you're going for a HT. Fin on it's own would likely solve my problem but can't roll the dice so just praying for some other alternative to come along that is safer.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post

Although, I have seen pics of good results on diffuse loss but it is a big risk to take and odds are you could end up worse off and it would be a lot of money wasted. Particularly, in my case I refuse to take fin and this would really bolster a good HT result. You'd really want to be on fin if you're going for a HT. Fin on it's own would likely solve my problem but can't roll the dice so just praying for some other alternative to come along that is safer.
    My image meant that much to me when I started Fin that I didn't think twice about the sides, same with the risks of a hair transplant; If you are happy waiting it out then that is fine, but you say you are praying for an alternative treatment...I don't see why you don't take the risk of fin as you could be pleasantly surprised and your problem is solved. If you start to get bad sides then just stop taking it.

Talking

Yeah well 2 years ago I was feeling pretty desperate. I would have went ahead and got a HT. I don't know what to do about fin. Talked to Jazz about starting off on a low dose 0.25mg EOD, but I've been really put off by all the stories like a lot of other guys. I've made the mistake of reading too much into it and I'm scared shitless to be honest. Its tough cos I know I would probably respond really well and definitely save some hair, but I'm just completely terrified of messing something up and not being able to get back to where I was. I know there is a lot of negative bs spread around about fin and if I did take it I'd be thinking about that and over analysing sides, even looking for them. My mentality is all wrong to start taking fin. I have some in the cupboard that I ordered ages ago but haven't even opened them. I'll have to think about it some more and try to get into the right mindset.

How has your experience with fin been and have you encountered any sides or results?

NW1.5, getting a $15,000 procedure for 2000 FUE in the fall. And ofc, still waiting for a cure. Not sure if it's worth BUT still going through. it's a financial investment for sure.

Yeah well 2 years ago I was feeling pretty desperate. I would have went ahead and got a HT. I don't know what to do about fin. Talked to Jazz about starting off on a low dose 0.25mg EOD, but I've been really put off by all the stories like a lot of other guys. I've made the mistake of reading too much into it and I'm scared shitless to be honest. Its tough cos I know I would probably respond really well and definitely save some hair, but I'm just completely terrified of messing something up and not being able to get back to where I was. I know there is a lot of negative bs spread around about fin and if I did take it I'd be thinking about that and over analysing sides, even looking for them. My mentality is all wrong to start taking fin. I have some in the cupboard that I ordered ages ago but haven't even opened them. I'll have to think about it some more and try to get into the right mindset.

How has your experience with fin been and have you encountered any sides or results?
    I was the same, I went on it. slight groin ache now and then and nothing else. go on it, or you'll regret it. If you have sides come off it and they will go.

My mentality is all wrong to start taking fin. I have some in the cupboard that I ordered ages ago but haven't even opened them. I'll have to think about it some more and try to get into the right mindset.

Yeah you need a positive mindset you will probably cause negative sides from your anxiety of the drug haha

I got very small sides until the 3 month mark, few less morning stonk ons and watery semen, and maybe the odd headache but I can't remember now. After that I was completely back to normal and have been for the last 7 years. I have maintained all my hair plus grew some back at the hairline which is still strong. This, and my family history is nw6-7 so I was no mild case.

Take the plunge man, If you are lucky enough to be healthy then you run a very good chance of not even having to return to this forum and getting on with shit. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    NW1.5, getting a $15,000 procedure for 2000 FUE in the fall. And ofc, still waiting for a cure. Not sure if it's worth BUT still going through. it's a financial investment for sure.
    Yes sir, 2000 into a 1.5 you will be looking very decent! Remember to focus on your temple points if your face needs framing more. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by thejack View Post
    Yeah you need a positive mindset you will probably cause negative sides from your anxiety of the drug haha

I got very small sides until the 3 month mark, few less morning stonk ons and watery semen, and maybe the odd headache but I can't remember now. After that I was completely back to normal and have been for the last 7 years. I have maintained all my hair plus grew some back at the hairline which is still strong. This, and my family history is nw6-7 so I was no mild case.

Take the plunge man, If you are lucky enough to be healthy then you run a very good chance of not even having to return to this forum and getting on with shit. Peace
    That's exactly what's gonna happen. I can feel the sides already lol. I'm in good shape, fit and healthy and zero issues down under so maybe I will take the chance. Still trying to psyche myself up to it.