+ Reply to Thread

Default Year and a half update on Finasteride

So I know its been a long time. Life kept me away from the forums for a while. Long story short had a fight with cancer (melanoma) but caught it early and won that fight so that is of no importance. Anyway, About a year and a half ago I posted about my fear of trying finasteride. As a professional stage actor I needed to keep my hair. I was then a 30 year old. Now am 32 and I thought Id give you all an update on my progess.

I first started to notice thinning in the hairline and crown around age 30. Nothing huge and to the untrained eye I had a full head of hair. But I knew I was thinning. It was obvious to me. My father and my older brother were both completely bald by the age of 28. Not so with me. My hair loss was following my mother's fathers loss pattern. Where he is now 80 and stil has some hair though a lot of it is gone. Wasnt really publicly noticeably going bald until he late 40s early 50s.

I jumped on finasteride after overcoming my fears of all the horror stories told online. Anyway, I started out at .25 mg a day for about half a year and then bumped it up to .5mg a day which I am still currently on. I also use Nizoral Shampoo non prescription strength twice a week as well as a hair vitamin daily. I have seen exceptional results.

All the hair that had thinned and was lost from my crown has grown back pretty full and I even got significant growth back on my hairline and now I have stabilized. It is late and I dont have pictures readily available but I will provide them asap. I just wanted you all to know that if you are on the fence about fin to take a chance. I have had virtually no adverse side effects other than a slight testicle ache on and off for the first month. Nothing else negative to report.

Great! I'm considering finasteride and it's nice (and convincing) to read a story like yours.

Great news man.
    I should have done the same thing when I noticed my hair loss, in my crown, in my early 30s. I'm 39 (almost 40) and I've been on fin one year and a half, but I don't believe it's grown anything back, but I've noticed I shed less being on fin.

Yeah honestly most of the good stories never make it on here because most men dont visit these forums unless they have issues. I know a few men in real life that were on fin like 5 years ago and never had any issues. Again its a very safe drug its just forums skew that towards the bad side

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Yeah honestly most of the good stories never make it on here because most men dont visit these forums unless they have issues. I know a few men in real life that were on fin like 5 years ago and never had any issues. Again its a very safe drug its just forums skew that towards the bad side

I agree not many guys return to the forums and post their positive outcome.

All the best Gordknight.

Regards
    Spexhair
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.