+ Reply to Thread

Default how badly am I receeding

I am cometely unaware of my hair loss situation, I know I'm lacking in hair on the corners but what is the front like? is it bad? normal? please give your thoughts, I'm 17
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	38517  

Hello,

It looks like you are receding just a tinny bit but it might very well be just a mature hair line (meaning you are not necessarily going bald but your hairline is changing).

You are only 17, and probably a bit young for a mature hairline, but not totally unlikely.

Do you have members of your family with male pattern baldness? have your notice a significant increase in shedding lately?

My dad is bald, well he has hair on the sides and a bit left on top but more talk sake I would class him as bald.. I haven't lost any hair or anything but it just came to my attention recently as my brother was analysing his hair line in the mirror I started looking at my own and started freaking out as I noticed my hair wasn't straight across but instead formed a curve, it's been like his for as long as I can remember but I wear my hair down so it went completely unnoticed until I swept it all back this morning and that's when I took the picture

this is my hair normally so as you can see I never would have noticed had I not swept my hair back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	38525  

Quote Originally Posted by bald1997 View Post
    My dad is bald, well he has hair on the sides and a bit left on top but more talk sake I would class him as bald.. I haven't lost any hair or anything but it just came to my attention recently as my brother was analysing his hair line in the mirror I started looking at my own and started freaking out as I noticed my hair wasn't straight across but instead formed a curve, it's been like his for as long as I can remember but I wear my hair down so it went completely unnoticed until I swept it all back this morning and that's when I took the picture
    If your are not shedding chances are u are still ok and your hairline is simply changing to a mature hairline

I wouldn't worry to much for now and will just monitor if it keeps receding to a point when it worries your even more

If that is the case in the future there a a couple of treatments you could look into but honestly I wouldn't drive my self crazy with any of them just yet as your hair looks fine and I don't think u have MPB now

Does your mother have a brother, does he got hair loss? Does your mothers father have hair loss? If they have lost their hair, it is looking dramatically worse for your odds.

Judging on the first picture I do agree with Efedrez. However, I want to add it looks like you will continue to lose some more, as you can see small tiny hairs in front of the hair line(This is one of the signs). This is typically hair you will lose as time progress.

If you keep having small hairs in your front hair line while it continues to recede you will continue to recede most likely.

I probably wont return to this specific thread, but others can answer I suppose.