Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schmoops
    • Apr 2015

the start of my journey (pics)

What's up everybody. I've been browsing these forums for quite some time now and finally decided to jump on in as I have just started my road to "recovery". I'm 30 years old and feel like I have been losing my hair slowly since the age of 19. Just recently it's gotten to the point where i have a bald spot and I'm definitely self conscious about it. I'm not really an expert at all when it comes to the terms everyone is using but im pretty sure I'm a diffuse thinner as it seems like my hair is thinning in random locations including the typical areas of MPB. I've never been to a derm but I don't think it takes a genius to figure out whats wrong especially when its been slowly happening for 11 years. Both grandparents have a thick head of hair into their 90's and my dad didnt start thinning until his mid 40's. Lucky me. Anyways im starting this thread to help me keep track of my results and hopefully use it as a success story. Wish me luck. Oh yeah, just started Kirkland foam for mornings and lipogaine for the evening along with Big 3 shampoo. My fin should arrive here next week sometime.

Here are my baseline photos. (what would i be on the norwood scale?)

here's where i want to be. using toppik (not holding my breath)

• Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by schmoops
    Oh yeah, just started Kirkland foam for mornings and lipogaine for the evening along with Big 3 shampoo. My fin should arrive here next week sometime.
    At least you are fighting your hair loss with proven methods as opposed to the grey market BS. Good luck. With a little thickening in the crown and top you will be in pretty good shape.

Comment

• Nos
      • Mar 2015

Good regiment choice - I'd say your a nw2-3v, but im no doctor. Your hair still looks very full.

Good luck!

Comment

• schmoops
        • Apr 2015

Thanks, I'm still waiting for my shipment of fin to get in. I would have no problem going to see a derma but I'm in the US military and don't think they prescribe it since it's cosmetic and don't want to pay out of pocket for the visit. I'll be doing monthly updates.

Comment

• Nos
          • Mar 2015

Did you order it from a sketchy online pharm?

Comment

• schmoops
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Nos
            Did you order it from a sketchy online pharm?
            I ordered from alldaychemsit which I heard was a legit company. Heard of them or thoughts?

Comment

• schmoops
              • Apr 2015

Just got my fin in and took my first pill. I'm not trying to bump this or anything but I want to use it as a reference for future updates for myself. Also, still not shedding anymore than normal since I started minox 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• schmoops
                • Apr 2015

I know people say that you start shedding really bad on minox after 1-2 weeks but the last few times I've showered I've maybe only lost (from what I could see) less than 5 hairs. I even rubbed my head in the shower this morning with no shampoo just to make sure and 2-4 of the times only had 1 or 2 hairs on my hand then other times none at all. Am I not reaponding? Is it working That why I'm shedding less than usual? Just random coincidence? It's probably just too early and I haven't started my shed

Comment

• Nos
                  • Mar 2015

Its too early to tell - The "shed" is your folicles pushing out old dead / minaturized shit- So you just might not have a ton of dead hairs. I never saw a shed, so i guess it all depends on the person.

Comment

• Nos
                    • Mar 2015

Also- Is that an offshore no-script pharmacy?

Comment

• schmoops
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Nos
                      Also- Is that an offshore no-script pharmacy?
                      Pretty much, got my pills from all day chemist, but I've heard nothing but things about them.

Comment

Working...