+ Reply to Thread

Default Am I candidate for hair line transplant?

I'm not concerned about the thinning on top, I use concealer. My hair line causes me a great deal of depression, and I've been told I'm not a candidate for a hair transplant. I just want my hair line restored. Any doctors out there or experts have an opinion about whether if I can get a transplant to restore some of my hair line? I've been on propecia since 2007, it's maintained most my hair. The thinning on top is worse, but I can hide it with concealer. Hair line, not so much. Please help me.

What's the reason for not being a candidate of HT?

I think your hair line looks pretty decent. You're like a NW2 - NW2,5. I know you didn't make a thread to get told that it's not so bad, but I thought it might cheer you up that it doesn't look bad at all to me.

I was going to get fitted for a hair piece but having to grow my hair long on the sides to blend the system was too much for me. It also wouldnt fix what was concerning me, my hair line. He told me I was not a candidate for hair transplant because I'm a diffuse thinner and I think it's because of my fine hair. I'm not worried about density on top. I just want my hairline reshaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD View Post
    I think you should wait a little longer as it is very early in your hair loss. You may want to get some in person consults and develop a plan with regular follow ups to potentially avoid a procedure.
    thank you doctor. I have a consultation tomorrow at Bosley to discuss my situation. I'll keep you all posted on what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    thank you doctor. I have a consultation tomorrow at Bosley to discuss my situation. I'll keep you all posted on what they say.
    I am a regular visitor to this forum but dont always post like a lot of people. I thought its common knowledge to stay away from Bosley? Spencer was just talking about them on his latest how if I remember right.

And seriously know one would know your losing hair. Have you tried growing the top a little longer and using some hair product. I personally think you will have some major regrets getting a transplant at your current state. Keep on the meds if there effective for you.

Quote Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post
    I am a regular visitor to this forum but dont always post like a lot of people. I thought its common knowledge to stay away from Bosley? Spencer was just talking about them on his latest how if I remember right.

And seriously know one would know your losing hair. Have you tried growing the top a little longer and using some hair product. I personally think you will have some major regrets getting a transplant at your current state. Keep on the meds if there effective for you.

I've actually kept it longer on top, and been doing ok. I just happen to cut it short because the barber messed up my hair. I hate it short. I'm just depressed about my hair line. I'll post pic of what my style usually is when I get home from class. I canceled my Bosley appointment. I'm too scared to get a HT anyways. Too much risk involved. Just gonna stay on rogaine and fin until better treatments come out. Hopefully :/

This is right before I shaved my head. I usually go about an inch longer on top, but my thinning around my hair line has gotten worse, and I find it looks cleaner/better a little shorter on top.

After

I think no one would think anything of it at the longer length. Even if you went 1/2 longer on top would look even better IMO. Like I said stay on the meds, with light skin and straight dark hair like myself you wont be happy with the hard donor hair in the hairline. Guys with similar skin to hair colour can get away with more, and obviously guys with curly hair get the best results. Notice a lot of transplant pictures with light skin/dark hair usually have the wet look when they comb there hair back, as when its dry you can see the spaced out harsh donor folicles in the hairline even going as dense as they can pack them. When its wet it looks seems to look natural.