+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Fact: No treaments are going to be here soon

The best thing that happened this year.. is the lack of progress in some Hair regeneration companies, i guess many of us started realizing that the hair industary future isnt that optimistic.. Yes we ll have a better treatment and maybe a cure.. but the big question is when.. Every year we have a new list of companies promising a better treatment.. until we move to the next list of companies with new hope..(until 2016 we will still have only two options - minoxidil and propecia)
    i guess we need to realize that we have to go on with our lives without waiting for any coming treatment.. because when we ll have new treatment we ll all hear about..

Default hitogen replicell

hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    The best thing that happened this year.. is the lack of progress in some Hair regeneration companies, i guess many of us started realizing that the hair industary future isnt that optimistic.. Yes we ll have a better treatment and maybe a cure.. but the big question is when.. Every year we have a new list of companies promising a better treatment.. until we move to the next list of companies with new hope..(until 2016 we will still have only two options - minoxidil and propecia)
    i guess we need to realize that we have to go on with our lives without waiting for any coming treatment.. because when we ll have new treatment we ll all hear about..
    Dont worry my BALDING BROTHER, HISTOGEN and replicell will be here soon!

Depends on how you interpret the word soon. If you mean soon as in this year then no, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Maybe follicept but even that is probably still going to take a while. I would say 3 years is also pretty soon, although there are probably not many treatments coming to the market in 3 years either.

Lol in hindsight you're right. Oh well, that's ****ed up I guess. However, there might be some black market stuff becoming available within a short time (maybe before the end of 2016). It's not great but hey, it's better than nothing.

I agree timelines are certainly up for debate but BIM,the drug from Kythera, CB, and that drug on the wnt pathway are 4 things in progress right now and also follicept so I dont know if people make these things up or how they figure these conclusions. Could all of them stop for whatever reason or end up not working? Of course, but odds are eventually something will come out. I mean its been 25 years since propecia so i think we are getting near an actual new treatment.
    I would say within 3 years or so CB will probably be out. Not sure on the others follicept maybe sooner. Everything just moves in terms of years so we will see a hundred more threads about guessing on the future of this stuff before it ever arrives

Quote Originally Posted by mcarpenter089 View Post
    hi
    Dont worry my BALDING BROTHER, HISTOGEN and replicell will be here soon!
    histogen will never reach the market.

Why would you even make a thread about this?

I disagree. With scientists being able to grow new hair with stem cells, a cure is around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I disagree. With scientists being able to grow new hair with stem cells, a cure is around the corner.
    +1

Within 5 years, for sure. Mayber sooner. We're at the point where the surprise could pop up anywhere.

Because cancer, ageing and general stem cell research are all related to baldness... the cure may come out of that research, as oppose to coming form research directly looking at alopecia.

Of course, treatment and cure are two different things. New treatments may be out this year, such as new topical liposome finasteride or follicept. Maybe breezula in the next 2-3 years ( maybe sooner if from nefarious sources)

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    you just figure it out by yourself ??

The future is brighter than you guys think, it's just that we lose our hair so fast that it seems like it's so far away.

The science and news we are getting is becoming faster and bigger, when I was here in 2011-2012, we maybe got an announcement once every 6-8 months if we were lucky, outside of some long-shot grey market stuff.

now BIM approaches phase III, kythera buys promising drugs, stem cell research advances further and further every year, Hair transplants improve constantly etc. There was nothing close to this 2-3 years ago, just crap. CB and SM will finish phase II this year, Replicel starts phase II, back in 2012 what'd we have? Histogen, that's it(and a couple ideas that were never promising in the first place)

the problem is you guys hear an announcement in 2013 and get mad when it's not out in 2015. This industry doesn't work like that, there's a million hurdles and obstacles to get through.

is there anything coming out this year or next? nope, but there was never going to be anyway in my eyes(outside of a couple products that had little chance of making it a few years ago like Histogen). However it's getting to the point where an announcement for a cure or at least a very improved product could happen anyday now, the race is on, only it's more of race of snails, rather than Nascar.