+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

where are you guys finding these trial updates on BIM? I google it but nothing comes up.

I agree that sooner or later we will see a cure or at least a better treatment for hair loss. The problem is that too many people hang on to this hope that the cure is just around the corner and leave their hair loss untreated for years. The next available treatment may be 100% regeneration, it could be something that halts hair loss, or maybe even something in between those two. We really have no idea. The time frame is also very much up in the air. It's true that we could have a cure in a few years, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few years turned in to 10 or 20. Way too many unknowns. Just a huge mistake to leave hair loss untreated holding on to hope.

well... it all depends on your nw level. its very likely higher norwoods would have to wait another good decade for a decent ht alternative

maybe replicel can offer some hope but its too early to tell. even things like cb, bimatoprost or sm04554 will have to prove some value and 'defeat' fin and dut.

prevention rather than cure seems to be the actual state of things.

i have a feeling that sm may outperform minox and become the next antiandrogen companion lol.

This sucks. I'm 35, started balding at 20. If something comes out in the next 5, 10, 15 years, great. The thing is I am searching for a wife right now and other than taking fin/minox there's nothing else to do. I've read all about the confidence angle but the fact is I just look way better with hair. **** this, I'm going to shave my head and just go live in the mountains alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzucco View Post
    This sucks. I'm 35, started balding at 20. If something comes out in the next 5, 10, 15 years, great. The thing is I am searching for a wife right now and other than taking fin/minox there's nothing else to do. I've read all about the confidence angle but the fact is I just look way better with hair. **** this, I'm going to shave my head and just go live in the mountains alone.
    Indeed this does suck. What is your current hair situation? If it isn't horrible perhaps you could treat your hair loss for a few years until you get married. At that point you can just stop meds and let yourself go. You shouldn't feel bad about either. Women have been doing it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Indeed this does suck. What is your current hair situation? If it isn't horrible perhaps you could treat your hair loss for a few years until you get married. At that point you can just stop meds and let yourself go. You shouldn't feel bad about either. Women have been doing it for years.
    I've been on fin & minox since I was ~20, maybe it's slowed down loss in the crown area, hard to say. My frontal recession has gotten pretty bad in the past 4 years. I'd say I'm a Norwood IIIv, on my way to being a Norwood IV in the next 5 years. Thanks for the advice though. I'm really tempted to just buzz it down to a 1 and hope to find a woman who a)doesn't care and b)I'm actually attracted to. I just get so negative feeling like I can't get the attention or really break the ice with certain women b/c I don't look that great. Some nights I wish I had just married my gf from my mid-twenties. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzucco View Post
    I'm really tempted to just buzz it down to a 1 and hope to find a woman who a)doesn't care and b)I'm actually attracted to. I just get so negative feeling like I can't get the attention or really break the ice with certain women b/c I don't look that great. Some nights I wish I had just married my gf from my mid-twenties. Sigh
    Have you tried buzzing it down yet? If you haven't then I would recommend giving it a try. When I hit NW3(mid 20's), I started buzzing my hair. First with a #3, then eventually with a #2. Who know's you might still look good? I didn't think I looked horrible with a buzzed head, but I just prefer myself with hair at this point.

I've gone down to a #2 back in early Feb after getting sick of trying to brush my hair into something reasonable. It looks ok, I don't know. On the plus side I have a nice head shape and I'm trim, on the con side my ears are kind of big and I have a narrow head so it looks a bit... rodent-like. I'm part middle eastern though (can grow a pretty nice beard), but sometimes I just look like some terrorist with my resting face. I don't mind smiling, but I can't do it all the time. Thanks for lending an ear and the advice. May your follicles live long and prosper.

Real fact: No one knows if there will be a treatment here soon. Most likely there is a product or combination of products somewhere out there on the globe that works already. We just have not discovered that they exists, what vehicle, combination, frequency or dosage to use them at.

it's ****ig 2015, it's time, no it's alredy too late, we should have a cure or at least a better fina 10-15 years ago, it's embarassing for the humankind, people are fighting this shit since the fire discovery and we are still talking if not showing bim trials is a good or bad news and testing shit from chinese labs, are you ****ing kidding me? You know what, it's not becoming more ugly or losing the identity the hard part, is the slow agony and the hope of a new treatment who is life consuming