+ Reply to Thread

Default This is getting bad...right? Updated from previous threads.

Hey guys. I've posted a few times here over the past few months. Most met me with a kind demeanor and told me not really to worry and that I shouldn't prescribed anything unless I REALLY was being cautious. I've gotten past the panicking part of this whole ordeal, which is good.

Anyways, what I'm posting this update for is I'm wondering if I should hop on the Rogaine wagon with what I'm seeing here. My hairline has always been sort of soft and thin, but in this area where I had a scar about 6-7 years ago has become more thin than I'd like. You can tell which area I'm talking about. I'm not really worried about becoming instantly bald, but where it looks very thin is bothering me. It's weird because the left side of my head hasn't thinned or receded at all in the past 10-15 years. It's all on the right hand side. And it's not even receding, it's just thinning ever so slightly enough for me to notice and no one else.

History: I'm turning 30 this year and my mother's father went bald, but not until 60. Her brother also is thinning a lot, but he is doing it in the typical MPB pattern with the widow's peak and everything. I've seen doctors about thyroid and even tried to get prescribed Propecia last time I was there from both a dermatologist and a general practitioner to no avail. People in my life think I'm crazy if I even mention I think I'm going bald. Sometimes I think they might be right, but in pics like these I get nervous.

These pics are literally right under direct light which I hope was obvious at the fact that my eyebrows are non existent in these pictures, haha. Also please excuse the awful, awful beard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0197.jpg

Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	38478   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0200.jpg

Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	38479   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0198.jpg

Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	38480   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0201.jpg

Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	38481   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0202.jpg

Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	38482   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0203.jpg

Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	38483  

You may go bald... but probably not until your 60. With hair like that live up your life and don't worry at all man. Once it starts to ACTUALLY thin, consider the big three. For now, please stop worrying!

Your hair looks great. Hard to say if your thinning. You know yourself better than anyone, though. In the meantime, enjoy the flowing mane!

Looks fine.

you sound paranoid and anxious, doctors were right to refuse you a treatment that you don't seem to need, and minoxidil wont do shit for your hair, it just stimulate and thicken them temporarily, it doesn't stop the damage from DHT
    you shouldn't use minox before propecia because it may mask the begining of the hair loss IF you happen to really have MPB

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSe View Post
    you sound paranoid and anxious, doctors were right to refuse you a treatment that you don't seem to need, and minoxidil wont do shit for your hair, it just stimulate and thicken them temporarily, it doesn't stop the damage from DHT
    you shouldn't use minox before propecia because it may mask the begining of the hair loss IF you happen to really have MPB
    Well I mean it really HAS thinned a lot. There's even a noticeable difference between my last few topics I started. So you guys are saying even though there seems to be miniaturization and that my hair in the front has thinned significantly that I shouldn't be worried? Like the hairs that used to fall out were strong and straight and the ones falling out now look thin and stringy. I mean I guess at this point I don't really care besides knowing I'm not going crazy.

you know your hair better than anyone and usually if you suspect something it turns out to be true so you may want to check your options with mpb treatments