+ Reply to Thread

Default Fin non responder

So Ive been using fin for a year and a half and at one year lost the left side of my hairline. Tons of minaturized hairs growing, had pain and what felt/feels like inflammation under my skin. I took this to help my hairline which has now turned out worse than I could have ever imagined. I lost an inch within like two months, hd handfuls of hair coming out in the shower, etc.. I can't run my hands through my hair without getting at least like ten hairs.

The fact that my hairline receded and I have minaturization mean that I did not respond? I was going to switch to dut, but I don't want to risk another accelerated mpb shed and all this. It's been the worst year of my life. Failed all but one of my classes because the burning and pain made it impossible to think.

I think some of this shed is due to the fact that I had to quit minoxidil because it's was stinging the sh** out of my hairline and giving me INSANE dandruff during this.

I have pictures if it is nessasary for anyone. You can see all the minaturization very easily.

May be the stopping minoxidil caused u to shed hair or may be the fin is not working in front as usual.my advice to u try dut after consulting your doctor.I had the similar experience but I observed dut works better than fin.

Yes, it would be interesting to see photos that show loss on finasteride. If true, dut is the next option.

If you have scalp inflammation, why aren't you getting that treated?

I'll upload photos soon. I tried a lot to get rid of this scalp pain.. Niz 2%, tar shampoo, clobetasol steroid, tea tree oil(helped the most).

I did read a few stories of people not responding to fin and switching to Dutasteride and getting worse before quitting. It's just crazy how this happened. I actually had nice as hair and now I have like strips of hair thining. It's insane. I never ever had scalp pain or anything before using finasteride which makes me think I am not responding well at all. IVe been in a consistent shed for 6 months, 2 of which had handfuls of hair in the shower.

Updated with pictures of before fin and after 1 year and 6 months on fin. let me know if that worked... the before is the image with the red scribbled on it..

[IMG]image2.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]image1.JPG[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG

Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	38498   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	38499  

I think there may be a bit of recession, overall though I think you are fine. Fin is not so good at hairlines because those are lost pretty aggressively, so fin may still be working for you.

My hair is worse off after starting fin as well. I think I started it Feb or March 2012, and within about 3 months my hair had thinned out significantly. The only positive thing about it is that it's been about 3 years and I'm not totally bald, although my hair is looking much worse than when I started. I showed my doctor my hair after a few months of starting and he just shrugged, and said that it was odd, and maybe I should add minox to my regimen.