+ Reply to Thread

Default Please do your research and think before you get carried away with MPB treatment

I have used finasteride for a year or so (for 9 months one time and almsot 6 moths another). And nizorol and Minoxodil. I have been suffering from tingling sentations, numbness and lack of attention and memory. There has been reports antiDHT medicines cause 5AR reduction which causes demyelination which would lead to serious brain problem in my case my body is just getting numb. I have had MRIs (2005) before using these products and there was no demyelination.

Its not worth. Research research research.. google demyelination & finasteride you may be surprised how many cases are there.

If our goal is to create a good self image, lets not worry about MPB (For me my life has been ruined I am talking to others). Girls (and social circles) are more happy/impressed by mental agility, jokes and +ve personality than our hair. Living a healthy life is the most important thing...

If you have a healthy body, do not mess with it for the cure of MPB. If you want go for surgery, I still would not recommend it... most surgeons would still recommend you to take these medicines.. I am not against medicines... I do think there has to be a very good reason to take a longterm medicine that messes with your CNS. I am paying for it with my life..

This post is there as an warning and I am asking people to do more research. I am probably not visiting the page anymore... as I have little interest in MPB. My only interest is saving some lives...

Quote Originally Posted by JTRM View Post
    I have used finasteride for a year or so (for 9 months one time and almsot 6 moths another). And nizorol and Minoxodil. I have been suffering from tingling sentations, numbness and lack of attention and memory. There has been reports antiDHT medicines cause 5AR reduction which causes demyelination which would lead to serious brain problem in my case my body is just getting numb. I have had MRIs (2005) before using these products and there was no demyelination.

Its not worth. Research research research.. google demyelination & finasteride you may be surprised how many cases are there.

If our goal is to create a good self image, lets not worry about MPB (For me my life has been ruined I am talking to others). Girls (and social circles) are more happy/impressed by mental agility, jokes and +ve personality than our hair. Living a healthy life is the most important thing...

If you have a healthy body, do not mess with it for the cure of MPB. If you want go for surgery, I still would not recommend it... most surgeons would still recommend you to take these medicines.. I am not against medicines... I do think there has to be a very good reason to take a longterm medicine that messes with your CNS. I am paying for it with my life..

This post is there as an warning and I am asking people to do more research. I am probably not visiting the page anymore... as I have little interest in MPB. My only interest is saving some lives...
    Research is definitely important.

I have been on Finasteride for close to 9 years.

For the past nearly 4 years, I am have been studying for a degree in mathematics and this requires very high levels of concentration for long periods of time (up to 17 hours a day when required). I have had no attention problems and have certainly not had any issues with my memory.

In another few years people wont be using fin anymore most likely. So at this point its more to buy time. There are a lot of things coming near term that makes it pretty likely fin is almost finished as primary treatment

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    In another few years people wont be using fin anymore most likely.
    Yeah because in another few years every fin user has switched from fin to black market stuff

Maybe when you get older your looks do not matter as much, but to sit here and tell guys in their teens and 20's that looks don't matter is just a lie. Sorry, I am not trying to be rude, but even when you get older most people will not judge you for "what's on the inside".

You are against doing anything to treat your hair loss and I have no problem with that and respect that, but please post some pics of yourself so we can see how you have just accepted it and moved on with your life. Too many(and I mean MANY) people come on here and tell nothing but lies and spread fairy tales about hair loss and treatments. Pics will add credibility to what you have to say.

This right here should be a red flag to all of us. This guy claims to want to help, but just drops by to instill fear and then says bye. If he was really here to help he would do way more than that. He wouldn't just be here to scare people away from helping themselves and feed us some BS about how people care about personality and other garbage. I know many will fall for this garbage and that is fine. If you want to get the facts and treat your hair loss then great. If you want to put the future of your looks into the hands of a bunch of randoms on the internet, then that's great too. I have to admit that I used to let these guys get to me also, but those days are long gone.

...and before I get jumped on yes I believe that sides can be real, and yes some people have been screwed up on this med. Unfortunately that is the risk involved in taking these or other prescription meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Maybe when you get older your looks do not matter as much, but to sit here and tell guys in their teens and 20's that looks don't matter is just a lie. Sorry, I am not trying to be rude, but even when you get older most people will not judge you for "what's on the inside".

You are against doing anything to treat your hair loss and I have no problem with that and respect that, but please post some pics of yourself so we can see how you have just accepted it and moved on with your life. Too many(and I mean MANY) people come on here and tell nothing but lies and spread fairy tales about hair loss and treatments. Pics will add credibility to what you have to say.

This right here should be a red flag to all of us. This guy claims to want to help, but just drops by to instill fear and then says bye. If he was really here to help he would do way more than that. He wouldn't just be here to scare people away from helping themselves and feed us some BS about how people care about personality and other garbage. I know many will fall for this garbage and that is fine. If you want to get the facts and treat your hair loss then great. If you want to put the future of your looks into the hands of a bunch of randoms on the internet, then that's great too. I have to admit that I used to let these guys get to me also, but those days are long gone.

...and before I get jumped on yes I believe that sides can be real, and yes some people have been screwed up on this med. Unfortunately that is the risk involved in taking these or other prescription meds.
    bro, 2 years and 2100+ posts and you're still not tired of responding to trolls ??

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSe View Post
    bro, 2 years and 2100+ posts and you're still not tired of responding to trolls ??
    hahaha