+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can you get your hair back by blocking DHT?

Hi there,
    I want to ask whether some of you are using inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase to decrease the amount of DHT in your body. Also I was wondering if one were to eliminate DHT in his body would his hair stop falling out and then regrow? I know that there might be some side effects but I do not freaking give a hoot. I am willing to do almost anything to stop my hair from falling out regardless of consequences. And please do not tell some sh*t like oh it is dangerous and so one. It is my decision and I won't change it. I just want to ask whether it is possible to get your hair back by blocking DHT for some prolonged period. Thanks

DHT plays a major role in hair loss. DHT actually restricts the follicles ability to produce hair growth. When it attaches itself to the receptor cells of genetically predisposed hair follicles, DHT prevents proteins, vitamins and minerals from providing the needed nourishment to sustain life in these follicles and with this, also causes them to shrink.
    You can use either natural treatments or drugs to stop excessive DHT production. Saw palmetto helps blocks the production of DHT hence added in many supplements. Propecia is the most popular DHT blocker drug, sold to stop hair loss. There are many supplements available to stop hair loss with complex formula’s, all of them work on DHT blocking mechanism.

Better chance of maintaining hair on blocking Dht.

Experts say that 95% of cases of male pattern baldness occur because of the effects of DHT on the hair follicles. Blocking DHT can be accomplished by keeping DHT from attaching to the receptors in the hair follicles and/or reducing the production of DHT. There are also medicines available as Odam mentioned, and they work by inhibiting the production of the enzyme 5 alpha reductase which converts testosterone into DHT.
    Just like saw palmetto, Pygeum reduces the levels of DHT in the blood and reduces the number of sites where DHT can attach. This includes reducing the number of hair follicles where DHT would bind. However, how much DHT people produce depends almost entirely on their genetic make-up - the more that is produced, the greater and more widespread miniaturization is, resulting in greater hair loss. To get good regrowth, you should opt for multimodal approach that means combining diet, exercise and DHT blocker together to prevent hair loss and stimulate regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Petes View Post
    Hi there,
    I want to ask whether some of you are using inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase to decrease the amount of DHT in your body. Also I was wondering if one were to eliminate DHT in his body would his hair stop falling out and then regrow? I know that there might be some side effects but I do not freaking give a hoot. I am willing to do almost anything to stop my hair from falling out regardless of consequences. And please do not tell some sh*t like oh it is dangerous and so one. It is my decision and I won't change it. I just want to ask whether it is possible to get your hair back by blocking DHT for some prolonged period. Thanks
    you can block all the DHT you want you won't regrow lost hair, if it was possible it would be known
    but hey it's your decision and we don't give a fuark really, you are an "adult" after all
    high dose >5mg Duta should do the job nicely
    enjoy your future ornament dick and boobs

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSe View Post
    you can block all the DHT you want you won't regrow lost hair, if it was possible it would be known
    but hey it's your decision and we don't give a fuark really, you are an "adult" after all
    high dose >5mg Duta should do the job nicely
    enjoy your future ornament dick and boobs
    "Dick ornamentation" is a valid medical term? :P

Results/sides are on an individual basis. See a dermatologist and plan a regiment, drop the fin if your dick doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    "Dick ornamentation" is a valid medical term? :P

Results/sides are on an individual basis. See a dermatologist and plan a regiment, drop the fin if your dick doesnt work.
    not for the moment but we shouldn't wait too long before it become a recognized medical term with this new generation of hairy asexual males
    i hope there will be more people like Petes... less competition and more females for us..

Hair regrowth occurs differently for everyone. I've seen some use Dutasteride and topical Minoxidil and get little regrowth. For some, I've seen others with extensive hair loss who get excellent regrowth just by being on Finasteride.

For long term results, you'll need to use an oral 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor, by using either Dutasteride or Finasteride. It seems like there's more value towards Dutasteride since it does inhibit more Type II 5-AR enzyme than Finasteride.

androgens are certainly the enemy if your losing hair. The more T+DHT you stop the better your hair does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaclyn View Post
    Experts say that 95% of cases of male pattern baldness occur because of the effects of DHT on the hair follicles. Blocking DHT can be accomplished by keeping DHT from attaching to the receptors in the hair follicles and/or reducing the production of DHT. There are also medicines available as Odam mentioned, and they work by inhibiting the production of the enzyme 5 alpha reductase which converts testosterone into DHT.
    Just like saw palmetto, Pygeum reduces the levels of DHT in the blood and reduces the number of sites where DHT can attach. This includes reducing the number of hair follicles where DHT would bind. However, how much DHT people produce depends almost entirely on their genetic make-up - the more that is produced, the greater and more widespread miniaturization is, resulting in greater hair loss. To get good regrowth, you should opt for multimodal approach that means combining diet, exercise and DHT blocker together to prevent hair loss and stimulate regrowth.
    Good Post , can you please just tell me what are the other supplements except than saw palmetto may reduce DHT ? I recently start saw palmetto again and be on fin also , Just wanna make sure to take those supplements you mentioned beside saw palmetto , I only wants their name. thanks