+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr Briggs in NC

Default Plastic Surgeon, little FUE hairline experience & using ARTAS.. should I be worried?

Dr Briggs Cook, Huntersville NC. http://purehairrestoration.com

Not sure if he's actually completed any hairline restorations. He may. I don't know. He uses Artas. What is your opinion of someone who is "certified and trained" in ARTAS and is a plastic surgeon? Could they be bad, average, or good quality? Is it completely rolling the dice? Thoughts? Any input is appreciated. Quoted $6500 for approx. 1700 grafts using ARTAS Procedure.
    Last edited by stx303; 04-02-2015 at 01:18 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by stx303 View Post
    Dr Briggs Cook, Huntersville NC. http://purehairrestoration.com

Not sure if he's actually completed any hairline restorations. He may. I don't know. He uses Artas. What is your opinion of someone who is "certified and trained" in ARTAS and is a plastic surgeon? Could they be bad, average, or good quality? Is it completely rolling the dice? Thoughts? Any input is appreciated. Quoted $6500 for approx. 1700 grafts using ARTAS Procedure.
    There are so many red flags here it’s ridiculous. First of all I’m sure that the ARTAS company only provides that “certification” once the doctor completes some training with the robot, which probably only entails how to operate the thing safety. His website looks like he’s just using the company’s marketing materials and before and after pictures which is a big red flag. Being a facial plastic surgeon means nothing when it comes to hair transplantation, so while he might do great noses, how many hair transplants has he performed in his career? Ask him if those are his patients on the website? Ask to meet with patients who have grown out results. If he can’t provide his own before and after pictures or have you meet with some of his patients that’s another big red flag.

The first thing you should be doing is finding a well qualified hair transplant surgeon. Check out the doctors who post on this site or go to iahrs.org. Several IAHRS members are now using the ARTAS, but you want to go to someone who has years of experience performing FUE and who can show you his own before and after pictures. This doctor does not look like he has much experience doing hair transplants.

When asked why pictures of his operations aren't posted anywhere on his site, his secretary/assistant said "because HIPPA won't allow us to."

I call BS. Plenty of other doctors, including Dr. Wolf, here in Cincinnati, have post-op pictures on their site with faces blurred out. She went on to explain the doctor has been doing these for 12 years, has done hundreds of them. Reason for website being bleak is he just opened his own practice and had to create his own website. Still not buying the whole HIPPA thing.......

She also said "No doctors place the hairs... the doc only makes the incisions" when I asked "does he have pictures of hairlines he specifically has done?" Obviously she knew exactly what I was getting at. Whether he makes the incisions or places the hairs, his incisions ARE where the hairs will go....... geez.......... Feels like to me she might have been dodging the question.

"Over 100 I will be doing your hairline work no dr does that anywhere it's always a tech an I have 12 year experience I will send you a pic of a guy 11 days out we did." ............ email response I got from her about who does the hairline

...... Am I on the right track? more thoughts?

BTW thank you JB Davis....

Mentally, I am backing away slowly and starting to sprint in the other direction......

Default They are refusing to work on Couldnme now

All what I've talked about so far I brought up to his team last Friday. Well today I get a call & now they are REFUSING to work on me. I made a pretty simple statement that ALL I wanted to see was another picture of somebody else because the picture of one guy's head looked unacceptable to me. Did she show me another? Nope. Said I was exhibiting all kinds of "red flags" by insisting over anything else that I see another picture.

Anyone ever experience this?

Am I dreaming or is this real? A doctor straight up REFUSED to work on me after I said I couldnt proceed without another picture?? I'm lost.....

Quote Originally Posted by stx303 View Post
    All what I've talked about so far I brought up to his team last Friday. Well today I get a call & now they are REFUSING to work on me. I made a pretty simple statement that ALL I wanted to see was another picture of somebody else because the picture of one guy's head looked unacceptable to me. Did she show me another? Nope. Said I was exhibiting all kinds of "red flags" by insisting over anything else that I see another picture.

Anyone ever experience this?

Am I dreaming or is this real? A doctor straight up REFUSED to work on me after I said I couldnt proceed without another picture?? I'm lost.....
    It’s the best thing that could have happened for you. The only red flags here is how the clinic has responded to you wanting to do the appropriate research. Be thankful you found this forum and move on. There are some world renowned hair transplant surgeons that post here and some are using the ARTAS. Who knows if you’re even a candidate for a 100% ARTAS procedure? Most of the best surgeons seems to be dong a hybrid of ARTAS and manual device FUE. Look at how Dr. Yates and Dr. Williams do surgery for example. They are in the IAHRS which means they are two of the best and I'm sure they will let you meet plenty of patients and show you lots of photos. They will also turn you away if you are not a good candidate for any type of hair transplant.
    Good luck!

Copy that thank u again