+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Junior Member Pray The Bald Away's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    There are enough documentated instances. Even Yamanaka himself found 20% of the chemeric mice he injected with IPSC developed cancer. There were of course improvements where cancer didnt develop but this is such a new field, that it's always a (high) risk that some undifferentiated stem cell goes cancerous and then you have a serious problem. A lot of research is still needed.
    This doesn't involve IPS cells though. I'm not sure how that applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pray The Bald Away View Post
    This doesn't involve IPS cells though. I'm not sure how that applies.
    I must have misunderstood you then. I'm not sure what you were talking about then. This Chinese breakthrough specifically? That's a new technology who knows if cancer is a possibility, it surely would be a risk and years of testing would be needed to reach some certainty. Are you jarjarbinx btw? You do sound like him.

Post 3D Spheroid of High-Passaged Human DP cells

Hey Guys,
    What do you think about this study / technique, published on february 2016

Surface Tension Guided Hanging-Drop: Producing Controllable 3D Spheroid of High-Passaged Human Dermal Papilla Cells and Forming Inductive Microtissues For Hair-follicle Regeneration

Abstract :
    Human dermal papilla (DP) cells have been studied extensively when grown in the conventional monolayer. However, due to great deviation from the real in vivo three-dimensional (3D) environment, these two-dimensional (2D) grown cells tend to lose the hair-inducible capability during passaging. Hence, these 2D caused concerns have motivated the development of novel 3D culture techniques to produce cellular microtissueswith suitable mimics. The hanging-drop approach is based on surface tension-based technique and the interaction between surface tension and gravity field which makes a convergence of liquid drops. This study used this technique in a converged drop to form cellular spheroids of dermal papilla cells. It leads to a controllable 3Dspheroid model for scalable fabrication of inductive DP microtissues. The optimal conditions for culturing high-passaged (P8) DP spheroids were determined firstly. Then, the morphological, histological and functional studies were performed. In addition, expressions of hair-inductive markers including alkaline phosphatase, α-smooth muscle actin and neural cell adhesion molecule were also analyzed by quantitative RT-PCR, immunostaining, and immunoblotting. Finally, P8-DP microtissues were co-implanted with newborn mouse epidermal cells (EPCs) into nude mice. Our results indicated that the formation of 3D microtissues not only endowed P8-DP microtissues many similarities to primary DP, but also confer these microtissues an enhanced ability to induce hair-follicle (HF) neogenesis in vivo. This model provides a potential to elucidate the native biology of human DP, and also shows the promising for the controllable and scalable production of inductive DP cells applied in future follicle regeneration.

What else has to be solved before this is taken to clinical trials? I thought expanision of the DP cells was the only problem facing researchers. Does anyone have anymore news?

Quote Originally Posted by Pray The Bald Away View Post
    What else has to be solved before this is taken to clinical trials? I thought expanision of the DP cells was the only problem facing researchers. Does anyone have anymore news?
    These researchers are just that: researchers. They could care less about planning clinical trials and probably have zero intention on doing so.

They get grant money, and do research. If a good grant came up that was 100 percent unrelated to hairloss but Lauster/Jahoda could get it, they would take the grant and never think about hair loss again (until a another good hairloss related grant came along).

These are not businessmen. They are not investors. They are risk averse academics who only care about next weeks paycheck.

If there were any fruits from their research, they would only get a small percentage as the schools they work at provide the equipment, funding, salaries, patent filing costs and so forth... their incentive to actually bring something to market is smaller than their incentive to get another grant to fund a few month's paychecks.

I would not hold my breath on them or any other researcher that isn't actively starting something (follica) or has signed IP over to a company to commercialize it.

Malcom Xing and Takashi Tsuji have both said their goal is to initiate clinical trials by 2020. That was before all these recent advancements. Your answer was written out of frustration and disappointment. Does anybody have an objective answer?

I just realized that the studies that Desmond has been posting only apply to the dermal papilla stem cells, not the epithelial bulge stem cells. It's probably gonna take another several years to overcome that obstacle.

I ask again. Have you tried to contact Tsuji about HAIR REGENERATION? Not skin. He doesn't answer back.
    Swooping- did you write other e-mails to Dr. Tsuji? Why he is now so secretive?

i really think the cure is near...the solution is direct cells reprogramming, that is transforming fibroblasts in DP cells in fast, safe and efficient way...direct reprogramming exists since at least 6 years, different researchers already transformed fibroblasts in safe and functional cells of heart, pancreas, brain, melanocytes and others...terskikh used IPS for creating unlimited DP cells but IPS were created by fibroblasts, so the unlimited source of DP cells can be created directly by fibroblasts
    besides i often read in this forum functional follicles grown in lab is already created and the last problem is getting unlimited DP cells but this problem is solved...so i ask what is still lacking to finally have the cure?
    please tell me if I missed something

i really think the cure is near...the solution is direct cells reprogramming, that is transforming fibroblasts in DP cells in fast, safe and efficient way...direct reprogramming exists since at least 6 years, different researchers already transformed fibroblasts in safe and functional cells of heart, pancreas, brain, melanocytes and others...terskikh used IPS for creating unlimited DP cells but IPS were created by fibroblasts, so the unlimited source of DP cells can be created directly by fibroblasts
    besides i often read in this forum functional follicles grown in lab is already created and the last problem is getting unlimited DP cells but this problem is solved...so i ask what is still lacking to finally have the cure?
    please tell me if I missed something