+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    According to the latest study published on April 1st, WNT-10b maintains DP gene expressions for hair induction for up to 10 passages!!! That is better than the Chinese that was reported several weeks ago. This is what Aaron Gardiner was working on but gave up and switched to cancer research.

Guys, the Japs are all over this!!! It's amazing Here's the link to the paper:

http://link.springer.com/protocol/10.1007/7651_2016_319

Maintenance of Dermal Papilla Cells by Wnt-10b In Vitro
    BY Yukiteru Ouji, Masahide Yoshikawa

Let's hope the Japanese speed ahead with this discovery and blow people's expectations right out of the park
    8, 10, 12, 20 passages who cares? 8 was enough I thought. So this just creates more hair follicles that suck, right? I don't understand what's so much more significant with that..

Junior Member Pray The Bald Away's Avatar

I don't believe they were able to retain gene expression in the last study.

According to the latest study published on April 1st, WNT-10b maintains DP gene expressions for hair induction for up to 10 passages!!! That is better than the Chinese that was reported several weeks ago. This is what Aaron Gardiner was working on but gave up and switched to cancer research.

Let's hope the Japanese speed ahead with this discovery and blow people's expectations right out of the park

This is why it's not that crazy that Thorn may just be betting on having the facility/staff etc. ready to piggy back on everyone else's discoveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Pray The Bald Away View Post
    I don't believe they were able to retain gene expression in the last study.
    Yeah, you're right. I should probably start reading things instead of skimming

Quote Originally Posted by iaskdumbquestions View Post
    8, 10, 12, 20 passages who cares? 8 was enough I thought. So this just creates more hair follicles that suck, right? I don't understand what's so much more significant with that..
    I kinda agree. I welcome any kind of progress but just creating more hair follicles that arent cosmetically viable ... Not sure how this is good news. Or am I missing something ?

Maybe someone who is good in english can email them?

How many DP cells does one fully grown follicle have? By my calculations you have the following number of cells after this many passes:

Passes Cells
    8 - 256
    17 - 131,072
    18 - 262,144
    19 - 524,288
    20 - 1,048,576
    21 - 2,097,152
    22 - 4,194,304
    23 - 8,388,608
    24 - 16,777,216
    25 - 33,554,432

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I kinda agree. I welcome any kind of progress but just creating more hair follicles that arent cosmetically viable ... Not sure how this is good news. Or am I missing something ?
    This maintains DP Gene Expression, and I don't think the team mentioned before was able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by iaskdumbquestions View Post
    This maintains DP Gene Expression, and I don't think the team mentioned before was able to do that.
    They previously retained about 65% gene expression if I remember correctly. That was enough to produce hair but not enough to produce cosmetically viable hair. If they retained 100% gene expression, so a 100% copy of the original, then that would mean hairloss is cured. It would be all over the news, so I highly highly doubt that's what's happened here

sounds great indeed, but are you sure the DP cells have fully maintained gene expression, or is it just about inductivity again? are the cultured cells fully equivalent to their origin?
    do you have access to the full paper and are you going to read the whole thing?
    please tell us that this time it's a real and a useful breakthrough with the DP cell culturing.