Threaded View

Default Accutane and Propecia = ughhhh

This post is kind of me just venting.. but if anyone has any advice or has been through a similar thing I'd absolutely love to hear.

To start off I have a receding hairline and want nothing more than to get on Propecia. I've been to see my derm twice and she insisted it was a mature hairline and that basically just confirmed how little she really knows. I'm a solid norwood 2. (I've posted pics of my hairline on here before and everyone said I was receding and it's a norwood 2). It's so easy to tell!! I don't know how she thinks I'm not. Anyway, I'm on accutane at the moment too for acne issues (obviously). I've got to be on it for another 6 months. My derm did mention Propecia to me and told me that if I want to go on it I can.. but not yet. She didn't really explain much. Very wishy washy.

Anyway, I want to tackle this as soon as I possibly can so I went to see another doctor. She basically said she'll put me on Propecia if I want, but I should wait until I finish my course of accutane. She said she doesn't want to damage my liver. Which I understand and I'm grateful for, however I've read lots of things about people being on both at the same time? Ugh so frustrating! So now I've got to wait 6 months!! I'm currently using Nizoral shampoo and have been for about 3 weeks. If I can add propecia to that Regimen I'll be happy as larry! I'm not a fan or Rogaine simply because I can't imagine applying that day and night for the rest of my life. Popping a pill and shampooing is just so much more ideal. Not to mention I have long hair and it doesn't really get to my scalp.

Ughhh so very frustrating. ://