+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Are there ANY decent clinics in the UK?

Hello there. I decided a while ago that I'm going to get a hair transplant. My hair loss has profoundly bothered me since it started 15 years ago. Decided the strip method is best for me.

I've had a few consultations, all pretty much the same sort of thing. I've just joined this forum and was intrigued by comments such as:

'I wouldn't go to any UK clinic even if you paid me £100,000. In my opinion the best HT Dr's are based OUTSIDE of the UK!' (NotBadhairUK).

If the general consensus is that I'd regret any work I had here in the UK, I might have to do some regrouping. I'm looking for some advice.

I've had consultations with these people. Please chime in if you have any experience with them and can stop me making a huge mistake.
    • Farjo - Manchester (very nice, quite high profile, the best vibe of the lot)
    • Nuhart - London (very aggressive salesman)
    • Harley Street Hair Clinic - London (nice guy, result pics not too convincing)
    • Body Smooth - London (Nice sexy nurse)
    • Wimpole Clinic - London (Not a good experience. Got a bad feeling from these guys).

Any help very much appreciated!
    Last edited by barry77; 12-20-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Forgot that last place

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I only know Dr Farjo out of the group you listed. I have seen many of his positive patient results. I have know him for several years and he is a real gentlemen. If I had a friend or relative that wanted to have a procedure in the UK Dr. Farjo is one of the doctors who I would recommend.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

The Farjo clinic seems to be the only place in the UK that anyone has anything good to say about.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

It’s simple, Dr. Farjo is in the IAHRS so this means that he is very good! I read that a couple of other IAHRS docs are doing consultations in the UK, but you would have to travel to the U.S. or Canada for surgery.

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    It’s simple, Dr. Farjo is in the IAHRS so this means that he is very good!
    I just googled that. 'International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons'. This means that Dr. Farjo is very good?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    I read that a couple of other IAHRS docs are doing consultations in the UK, but you would have to travel to the U.S. or Canada for surgery.
    I would indeed consider travelling to the states if it meant for a significantly better service/results. I'm am just wondering whether that's the case. Anyone use a clinic in the UK and are happy about it?

I totally agree, all the research I've done has pointed me towards Farjo. I've chatted to several people and they all seem to be in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by barry77 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it.

I just googled that. 'International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons'. This means that Dr. Farjo is very good?
    Yes it does means that he's considered one of the best hair transplant docs in the world. The IAHRS is Spencer Kobren's organization. Spencer is a famous consumer advocate from the U.S. who has books and a radio show and also started the AHLA (American Hair Loss Assiociation)

This is from the IAHRS website.

The IAHRS does not offer an open membership policy to doctors practicing hair transplantation, and is the only group that recognizes that all surgeons are not equal in their skill and technique.

Thanks again for the replies. I have been doing a bit more research. The IAHRS does sounds a good seal of approval and fills me with some confidence.

Dr Bessam Farjo: Good to hear from you. I have been back in touch with Mick. Again, he was very helpful. Said he'd be getting back to me shortly to confirm a second consultation. Hopefully see you then.

Hi Barry, just be very careful in choosing your clinic if you are set on staying in the UK ask to see lots of fully grown out results by photos and video and if possible try to meet up with some patients in the flesh that match your hair loss so you have some realistic expectations of the result you may be able to achieve.

All the best

Default Which body is a reputable qualification?

Hi,

I am also looking for a reputable Hair restoration clinic. I met with Dr May and had a procedure booked for later this month but after reading all the negative feedback I have decided to cancel.

In fact I was quite surprised to read all the feedback given that Dr May is "current President of the British Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons and the current president of the European Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons".

This leads me to the question above. It seems there is a multitude of bodies which are meant to provide credibility to a certain clinic or surgeon.

Which one is reputable?

Thank you