Overwhelmed on how to tackle hair loss!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winkywoo
    • Dec 2014

Overwhelmed on how to tackle hair loss!!

Okay.. so here's my deal. I have a receding hairline. I'm a NW 2or 2.5 I would say. At the current time I'm not doing much about my hairloss other than using Nizoral 2% twice a week. I've only been doing that for about 2 weeks now. From what I've heard it can slow down the balding process and help maintain for a little longer.

For the last little bit now I've wanted to begin Finasteride, however doctors and dermatologists are making me jump through hoops to get it. (I'm hoping to start it next week). After doing a bit more research though, I've read that for some people, it hasn't done anything at all to treat their recession and in some cases it's made it worse. The only reason I want to take Finasteride is for my hairline. I'm currently so overwhelmed with everyones different stories. What would you guys do if you were in my situation? Jump on fin or no? Continue Nizoral? Or would Rogaine be my best bet for frontal hair loss? From what I've read it doesn't slow down the process, it just grows hair. Is this correct? (It's just I seriously can't imagine applying a foam to my hair for the rest of my life. Popping a pill and shampooing seems so much more convinient).

Any help to these questions would be so much appreciated! Thanks guys!
  • KO1
    • Jan 2012

finasteride and rogaine is the best way to start. You're doing everything right.

Comment

• winkywoo
      • Dec 2014

Awesome. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...