Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jvc0416
    • Mar 2015

23 w/ receeding temples looking for advice

Hey guys, I discovered I was losing my hair shortly after the passing my mother. It was an incredibly stressful and drawn out process involving cancer and I'm certain that it caused the onset of my mpb. I was slowly receeding but at a reasonable pace and it's recently gotten bad. My brother is 26 and a strong NW3. No other trace of mpb in our family besides us two. I've been treating it with ketoconazole shampoo for the last week and a half and talked to my doctor about finasteride. I've seen no significant worsening since being on the shampoo. He said that he has 60 patients using finasteride and the worst side he has seen is lowered libido and he would have no problem prescribing it to me. Please check out the pictures and let me know if you think that I should take the leap to using finasteride. You can pretty much see exactly where it plans on receeding to but theres still a lot of follicles in the middle that haven't gone yet.

• KO1
    • Jan 2012

take finasteride/end thread

Comment

• robincurtz
      • Jan 2015

Use finasteride and slow it down significantly

Comment

• Trenblastoise
        • Jul 2014

No hair loss in your family?
        As in, your mother's father or your father's father, or no uncles with receding?

Strange.

Read about the side effects of finasteride and evaluate the risks of side effects against benefits. There are couple of studies out there if you are interested. Good luck.

Comment

• jvc0416
          • Mar 2015

Just for the record, I've been taking 0.25 mg per day for 3 months after this and 0.5 mg a day since then. Great results, no side effects what so ever. I know not enough people who have positive results come back to tell their story. Just a little update and some good rep for finasteride.

Comment

• jvc0416
            • Mar 2015

Little update, about 8 ish months. Just been taking 1mg every day with minox on and off. Pictures to come.

Comment

• Nerve
              • Nov 2012

Did you get regrowth?

Comment

• jvc0416
                • Mar 2015

Negligible regrowth, complete maintenance though. Lots of days I think I see changes but it's been pretty constant.

Comment

Working...