+ Reply to Thread

Default Who should do my hairline?

So I need a good hairline surgeon. I did some research but I feel as though Im missing some. Kinda narrowed it down to dr. rahal, but it's a 7:30 hr drive and I have to pay to stay in Canada and what not. I'm close to NYC area. Are there any great hairline surgeons that won't rape me on price? I'm also worried about scarring and I know dr. Feller is a great Doc as well, but staples seem to leave pretty bad scars, at least Imo.

Thanks!!!

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Dr Rahal has a very good work history~ Hasson & Wong is another great one to consider as well as
    Dr Yates here in the Chicago-land area of Illinois.
    Take your time in deciding Ziggy'

Inactive

Many doctors will offer discounts to offset the price of travel expenses, so that should increase your options quite a bit. Based on your post, I'm assuming you want to do FUT? That alone will already cut down on the price quite considerably.

I had a great experience personally with Dr. Mohebi in LA. So if you're looking for an excuse to visit the west coast, I think he's worth considering. I've also heard great things about Dr. Lindsay in VA as well.

Take your time researching different doctors, looking at their results, and speaking to patients about their experiences. And then ultimately, trust your gut.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Hey guys, thanks for the input! One more question.. I'm 24 and heard mixed reviews about have a transplant at this age. Can anyone confirm if I can do it at this age?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the input! One more question.. I'm 24 and heard mixed reviews about have a transplant at this age. Can anyone confirm if I can do it at this age?
    Hey man! Sorry for this delayed response. This is a complicated question, and it varies from individual to individual based on many different factors. The general rule is that it's best to wait until you're at least 25 (and some people suggest even waiting until you're at least 30), but it's not as cut and dry as that.

Technology has allowed surgeons to get a better gauge of your potential future hair loss by doing diagnostic testing that measures the miniaturization levels of your hair. This information combined with your genetics/family history, response to medicine, etc. can allow a qualified surgeon to get a pretty good idea of where your hair loss is heading. Granted, there's no crystal ball that can predict the future, but if you seem to be predetermined to be a NW6, for example, getting a hair transplant may not be the best idea.... And if you were to get one that young, you need to make sure you choose a doctor who will design the hairline accordingly, taking into account any potential loss in the future.

So get an evaluation (if you haven't already) and see what the surgeon has to say. If you choose a great, ethical surgeon who will be honest with you, you'll get sound advice. The last thing you want to do is to get an aggressive new hairline if you seem to destined to be pretty high on the Norwood Scale.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.