+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Johny41 View Post
    I have recently heard a joke about women: 'Women with long hair, tend to cut it short; Women with short hair, wish to extend it. Blondes, dye it in a dark color. Women with dark hair, become blonde.'

Now I understand that this paradox, is applied not only to women, but also to us men.
    There's not really a paradox in this case. If you asked the NW1's that shave their heads to a #1 guard whether they want to be bald, you can be almost sure they will say "No". Like Jack already said, they aren't slick bald, they just buzzed it.

Quote Originally Posted by NOhairNOlife View Post
    Spare me with this life is what you make it BS.

And you make a valid point it is their hair and they can't help it anymore than we can. I guess I'm just pissed off at the irony of it. Guys that have hair want to look bald and the guys that are bald want that hair. I guess it speaks to human nature, we always want what we can't have.

if you saw me on the street you wouldn't think I'm balding (I shudder just reading that friggin word). Yes I'm vain, I don't think anybody looks good bald or shaved head.

And although that's my screen name, I'm not just sitting at home sulking. I just thought I can come to a place that people would understand my frustration more. But I guess not.
    If I saw you on the street and I couldn't tell you were balding, you ain't losing your hair. Lol I'm a mother effin Norwood spotter man. Also if people can't tell you're balding and you have THAT much hair, why would someone buzzing their head bother you? It's not like your bald! And no I won't spare the life is what you make it bs, you know why? It's goddamn fact.

It seems like a lot of the people who say things like "life is what you make it" are the people who have barely any hair loss at all, like NW2 or NW3. I want to see an NW6 guy say something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    There's not really a paradox in this case. If you asked the NW1's that shave their heads to a #1 guard whether they want to be bald, you can be almost sure they will say "No". Like Jack already said, they aren't slick bald, they just buzzed it.
    I didn't meant NW1's, I was talking about those guys who buzz cut or shave their good hair intentionally.

http://modacabello.blogs.elle.es/fil...llo-al-ras.jpg
    http://www.psuhn.com/wp-content/uplo...-celebrity.jpg
    http://www.haircutsformen.org/buzz/c...llenhaal01.jpg
    http://i.forbesimg.com/media/lists/p...ke_416x416.jpg
    https://patricktalebsalon.files.word...2012/06/jt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWillis View Post
    If I saw you on the street and I couldn't tell you were balding, you ain't losing your hair. Lol I'm a mother effin Norwood spotter man. Also if people can't tell you're balding and you have THAT much hair, why would someone buzzing their head bother you? It's not like your bald! And no I won't spare the life is what you make it bs, you know why? It's goddamn fact.
    Okay you'd be able to tell I'm losing my hair, but the average person may not.
    Lol I've become a norwood spotter too. It's actually become a weird obsession. I always try to determine how many men are bald, anywhere I am. It's actually become very annoying habit, damn OCD.

Well I can assure you sir, I WISH I was a NW1 or 2. Probably somewhere between an extremely thin 4 or 5. And I'll say it again: Life is every bit of what YOU make it. I have a great life, hair loss bothered me for a long two years. And screw that I'm not living in shame and depression over something I can't control. I Shave my head, I'm working out more now, I've got a drop dead gorgeous girlfriend, I'm in a badass band and I have a ton of friends. You know why? It's not bc I love hair loss and I'm perfectly ok with it, no it's bc I'm NOT going to let it stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWillis View Post
    It's not bc I love hair loss and I'm perfectly ok with it, no it's bc I'm NOT going to let it stop me.
    Very inspirational! You are right, society treats you in the way you allow it. If your self perception is high, the same will be the attitude.

Thanks Johny41, Im glad my optimism can be of some help to someone. I've spent a lot of time down in the dumps over this so I hope people don't take it like I'm just completely cool with the situation. BUT, I believe with a good attitude and persistence, anything can be overcome. With that being said I would also like to apologize to NOhairNOlife. I had no business attacking your post in the way I did and I'm sorry man. We had probably both had a bad day when you made the thread and I acted very rudely. NOhair, whatever route you decide to take to overcome this problem, I wish you nothing but the best man. Take care guys. -Deuce