+ Reply to Thread

Default hair transplant scar laser

I had a transplant last year and not happy with results too thin too grow hair out and if i shave my head you can see the line in the back of my head. I was thinking that getting hair laser removel on entire scalp would make that line less/scar less noticable. I know alot of people do the smp but also considing this option as well.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0890.jpg

Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	38112

its healing well i will prob get fraxel laser done to help remove some redness and smooth out scar but. If you zoom in you can see that if i had no hair at all on my scalp it would look better than a line

I am in a similar situation, however, have not yet come around to shaving my head. I had a horrible transplant that killed my hair and am now trying to find ways to deal with the scar before shaving. I have been applying emu oil along with mederma scar therapy everyday and that has helped the redness and the ridges... In regards to fraxel, I have heard mixed reviews. Some say it helps, some say it does not. Are you planning on keeping your head shaven to a zero? If so, I kind of like the idea of SMP. You can reduce the redness yourself and SMP will camouflage it very well. I don't know. I had a consultation with HIS hair clinic over the phone and they seem extremely helpful and professional. Good luck bro. I sympathize with you that this is a situation that perpetually sucks.

If you do have SMP, make sure you have the temporary kind. You also probably want to go to a hair transplant clinic that specializes in scar repair and temporary SMP, not one of these chain places.
    I understand that Hasson and Wong perform this procedure and I think Shapiro medical does also. Personally I think SMP for anything but scar repair or maybe in certain circumstances is ridiculous, but the temporary stuff looks pretty good and at least you don’t have to live with it if you hate it. It will eventually fade. If it works, you just have to go back every year or so.

yea thats one reason why i am not so sure about smp. You have to keep getting it done.

I heard of the mederma scar therapy I may try that. I tried some silicone strip that helped but ranout of them and to use the silicon you must shave every few days.

The laser is suppose to work better on new scars not sure how true that is but its a new scar thats still pink.

Out of all the things Ive done in my life this transplant is what I regret the most.. sucks

I don't know about the temporary SMP... It fades over time? wouldn't the color start to look weird after a while? I know Good Look Inc is becoming pretty famous for the permanent scalp micropigementation.