+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Not sure there's any confusion. Also, nobody knows if they've launched a phase 3, they don't have to say anything about that until 2016. So, it's not that it appears that they haven't. We just don't know for sure. With regard to that article, yeah, it was written in 2011, but it's the outline of their program. Regardless that it's been 4 or so years, that doesn't make the info any less relevant. Every set of clinical studies take years to come to fruition.

What's positive about this at all is that we know the drug works on hair, and that concentration and delivery were the main issues. If you read that patent I posted, it seems they have cleared that up. I mentioned that article and the patent because I have been piecing together information.

If you read articles about the merger, it was done in part because of the pipeline products. Specifically, in ophthamology and aesthetics. Bimatoprost for hair falls under aesthetics, and if you look at their pipeline, there isn't a big moneymaker as something that works better than rogaine ANYWHERE on the scalp. Yea, we have to wait, but there is little reason to believe that this won't be the next effective treatment for hair loss.

By the way, the reason they haven't said anything about phase 2b IS because of the merger. It's about stock price, and if you read that article from 2011, it says that the stock jumped $10 a share last time they released any info about the drug. This was also during the thick of the recession. So, news does have an effect, and it's not time to release any yet.

Don't they have to register the trial on the government website? I dont believe they can hold a phase III behind the scenes correct me if i'm wrong. I dont think they have to release trial results though.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Don't they have to register the trial on the government website? I dont believe they can hold a phase III behind the scenes correct me if i'm wrong. I dont think they have to release trial results though.
    No, they don't have to update us right away.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/manage-recs/how-edit

All complete speculation. I hope it turns out well, but as true as they could be, all the things you guys stated could also be the complete opposite. I personally don't think releasing positive trial info could hurt them at all financially, and find it more plausible that they do not want to release negative results when they are currently riding a good wave due to their merger. Either way I'm highly skeptical of possible side effects at the high concentrations they are using, we have some evidence of large percentages of people getting puffy eyes from even low concentrations on the hairline and eyes. It's not like this stuff doesn't enter the bloodstream. I don't see this being a game changer, especially if something like SM or follicept pans out. the science is much more sophisticated and less accidental with those drugs. I'm really hoping that the next 3 or 4 years provide us with both a safer maintenance drug and a better growth agent than minox.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    All complete speculation. I hope it turns out well, but as true as they could be, all the things you guys stated could also be the complete opposite. I personally don't think releasing positive trial info could hurt them at all financially, and find it more plausible that they do not want to release negative results when they are currently riding a good wave due to their merger. Either way I'm highly skeptical of possible side effects at the high concentrations they are using, we have some evidence of large percentages of people getting puffy eyes from even low concentrations on the hairline and eyes. It's not like this stuff doesn't enter the bloodstream. I don't see this being a game changer, especially if something like SM or follicept pans out. the science is much more sophisticated and less accidental with those drugs. I'm really hoping that the next 3 or 4 years provide us with both a safer maintenance drug and a better growth agent than minox.

A 3% pure bim in our eyes can destroy our ocular pressure if they use a 0.03 for glaucoma.... scary stuff indeed, but they know this so i'm interested in reading the trial asap

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Everything you've posted here is complete speculation. Mine hasn't been, if you've been following the thread. From their patent for bimatoprost for AGA, published Oct. 2014 (after phase 2a was finished) -

"The preferred bimatoprost concentration range is about 2-4%, more preferably about 2.5-3.5%. These preferred bimatoprost ranges allow a surprisingly good balance to be achieved between the wanted pharmacologic effects of the composition and any unwanted side-effects. It had previously been thought that bimatoprost compositions for stimulating growth of hair should have a much lower bimatoprost concentration; this has now surprisingly been found not to be the case."

Also, as far as releasing news goes, the merger was announced in Jan. and completed last month. In January, the stock was sold at $219 a share, now it's at $240.22 and keeps climbing. Everywhere you read, it says that the stock is a definite buy, meaning it's going to continue to rise. If you read that article about bim in 2011, it says that when they announced news of the trials (which were positive) the stocked jumped $10 a share, and this was during the thick of the recession. So there is good reason, to not release info if they don't yet have anything to market to us, and the stock continues to climb on its own.

With regard to trials, you are also wrong, and did not read the article I posted. They had recruited 300 men and 300 women for phase 2, so that when they were ready, they could immediately jump into phase 3. It also states that phase 3 AND release would take a year. NOT 3-4 years. You're pulling that out of nowhere.

The fact is that the drug works on the hair pathway. Their only issue has been proper concentration and delivery to the scalp. If you read that patent, they seem to have solved that problem. To clarify, everything that I've posted hasn't been speculation, and based on actual evidence. Yeah, I cannot prove they are in phase 3, but every source I have posted shatters the argument of the naysayers.

When Kythera acquired setipiprant, I posted very positively about the news and provided good reasons to be optimistic. You doubted, and questioned, and thought it was my job to convince you. Now you are all about pgd2 inhibitors. Just look at what I posted and see if that doesn't change your mind. If it does, great. If not, that's fine too. Just don't try and dampen the mood by neglecting the evidence that I have put together by saying it's all speculation. You are wrong in doing so, and just continue to bang whatever drum no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Everything you've posted here is complete speculation. Mine hasn't been, if you've been following the thread. From their patent for bimatoprost for AGA, published Oct. 2014 (after phase 2a was finished) -

"The preferred bimatoprost concentration range is about 2-4%, more preferably about 2.5-3.5%. These preferred bimatoprost ranges allow a surprisingly good balance to be achieved between the wanted pharmacologic effects of the composition and any unwanted side-effects. It had previously been thought that bimatoprost compositions for stimulating growth of hair should have a much lower bimatoprost concentration; this has now surprisingly been found not to be the case."

Also, as far as releasing news goes, the merger was announced in Jan. and completed last month. In January, the stock was sold at $219 a share, now it's at $240.22 and keeps climbing. Everywhere you read, it says that the stock is a definite buy, meaning it's going to continue to rise. If you read that article about bim in 2011, it says that when they announced news of the trials (which were positive) the stocked jumped $10 a share, and this was during the thick of the recession. So there is good reason, to not release info if they don't yet have anything to market to us, and the stock continues to climb on its own.

With regard to trials, you are also wrong, and did not read the article I posted. They had recruited 300 men and 300 women for phase 2, so that when they were ready, they could immediately jump into phase 3. It also states that phase 3 AND release would take a year. NOT 3-4 years. You're pulling that out of nowhere.

The fact is that the drug works on the hair pathway. Their only issue has been proper concentration and delivery to the scalp. If you read that patent, they seem to have solved that problem. To clarify, everything that I've posted hasn't been speculation, and based on actual evidence. Yeah, I cannot prove they are in phase 3, but every source I have posted shatters the argument of the naysayers.

When Kythera acquired setipiprant, I posted very positively about the news and provided good reasons to be optimistic. You doubted, and questioned, and thought it was my job to convince you. Now you are all about pgd2 inhibitors. Just look at what I posted and see if that doesn't change your mind. If it does, great. If not, that's fine too. Just don't try and dampen the mood by neglecting the evidence that I have put together by saying it's all speculation. You are wrong in doing so, and just continue to bang whatever drum no matter what.
    I like 2014already, reasonable and intelligent, an asset to this board

Quote Originally Posted by sosa56 View Post
    I like 2014already, reasonable and intelligent, an asset to this board
    Sometimes too optimistic.
    You know…hairloss world doesnt allow us to be positive from past experience.
    Everything got delayed, some were scam finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Sometimes too optimistic.
    You know…hairloss world doesnt allow us to be positive from past experience.
    Everything got delayed, some were scam finally.
    I'm very optimistic about the things we should be most optimistic about. Bimatoprost is one of them because we know it works. Eyelashes are hair, just smaller in scale. It even works on scalp hair to some degree at the same concentration (.03%). This drug is potentially the soonest, most effective treatment topical treatment to come. I've done a lot of research on it, and the only reason I post is to share my findings. I want people on here to feel optimistic as well, based on facts. I don't try and give people false hope, because I want them to agree with me and affirm my beliefs somehow. If I were too optimistic, I'd be excited about follicept (which I think is probably snakeoil, since he's trying to market directly to desperate people on a hair loss forum) and other things. I'm picky what I'm excited about, and that's because I do my homework.

There is a negative bias on this forum, and it's too easy. It's a cop out. Prostaglandin technology is worth the hype because it actually has a definitive role in hair loss. If hairs don't cycle properly, it leads to eventual loss. Bimatoprost has been proven to keep hairs in the anagen phase longer, and setipiprant should halt hair loss because it blocks the out-of-balance pgd2 signal to trigger early catagen and telogen phases. Bimatoprost should be here much sooner than setipiprant, so I'm more focused on that.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    There is a negative bias on this forum, and it's too easy. It's a cop out. Prostaglandin technology is worth the hype because it actually has a definitive role in hair loss. If hairs don't cycle properly, it leads to eventual loss. Bimatoprost has been proven to keep hairs in the anagen phase longer, and setipiprant should halt hair loss because it blocks the out-of-balance pgd2 signal to trigger early catagen and telogen phases. Bimatoprost should be here much sooner than setipiprant, so I'm more focused on that.
    Great, but where's the results? I was really, really excited about Bim, and I was pretty sure it would be available around 2016, but there's no good reason for them to hold back the results. The idea that they are somehow keeping the results in reserve to boost the stock price is nonsense - that's not how the market works. Individual investors don't drive markets, analysts and equity traders do, and they have more or less open access to corporate data. On the Q2 earnings call, analysts will want to know how Bim did, period. The only reason NOT to announce is because they aren't going forward with it, which is what they will have to explain on the next earnings call. Otherwise, they'd let the market know now.

Sorry, it didn't work out as planned.