+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Yeah but bimatoprost is extremely expensive to produce. I'm not sure they could bring a 10% bim treatment to market at a price that's affordable for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Yeah but bimatoprost is extremely expensive to produce. I'm not sure they could bring a 10% bim treatment to market at a price that's affordable for anyone.
    even when it's mass-produced all over the world?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    There are ways to get wholesale prices down

Did some digging and came across the most recent patent for bimatoprost for hair loss. This patent was filed in Feb. of 2014, and Published in Oct. of 2014, after they had their phase 2A. Had some really interesting information that could help clear up some about their issues with concentration etc., if anything, it has me feeling a lot more optimistic.

great quote: "The preferred bimatoprost concentration range is about 2-4%, more preferably about 2.5-3.5%. These preferred bimatoprost ranges allow a surprisingly good balance to be achieved between the wanted pharmacologic effects of the composition and any unwanted side-effects. It had previously been thought that bimatoprost compositions for stimulating growth of hair should have a much lower bimatoprost concentration; this has now surprisingly been found not to be the case."

It also mentions the aim of the drug which is to darken and thicken existing hair, by extending the anagen phase, which is typically 3-5 years. This means by applying bimatoprost daily for a number of weeks, you can change the cycle of your thinning hair and keep it for much longer. There is a lot in there about making thinning hair into terminal hair, which should make people on here happy.

There is also mention of how it would be applied, and there is mention in the patent for gels, foam, cream, lotion, shampoo, and spray. So who knows how it will be delivered to the scalp, but we do know they have a wide range to choose from, and will pick the best option.

Here it is, if anyone wants to have a look:

https://www.google.com/patents/WO201...ed=0CCQQ6AEwAQ

How about the slick bald scalp?

**** this phase i want bim tomorrow morning, but this concentration means it will be expensive af

Yes, indeed this news is fantastic, as this hints at their results being positive. However, it will be unaffordable on the black market at this concentration. We will have to wait for it to be released.

Good find its2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    How about the slick bald scalp?
    Thickens existing hair. If there is no follicle present, or if it's so small or vellus, probably won't create cosmetically significant hair.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Thickens existing hair. If there is no follicle present, or if it's so small or vellus, probably won't create cosmetically significant hair.
    True, however, I'd guess just like with minoxidil there will be some patients that see ridiculous results every now and then. Man I'm excited to see their results posted. I hope this patent is as telling to bims future as it seems.

" A 37 year old Hispanic male suffering from male pattern baldness due to androgenetic alopecia applies the 0.2% w/w bimatoprost composition of Table 3 twice daily in areas where hair is noticeably thinning. After 63 days of application, increased growth of hair will be noticed as will be new hair growth as measured by high magnification at the slit lamp biomicroscope and by computer assisted image analysis. After satisfactory levels of hair growth are observed, the patient applies the 0.2% w/w bimatoprost composition only twice a week."