+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    How do they determine if this is going to be OTC or by prescription only? Maybe wishing too much but it would be nice to see something on a shelf by rogain where I can make the decision verses some doctor who most likely doesnt keep up on or know much about hair loss. I dont blame them hair loss is a pretty minor thing compared to the stuff they routinely deal with.
    Having to pay to see the doctor for something you know want before you even go and having to convince them is pretty annoying. If they say no you have to change primary care doctor, and go try again. Pretty silly process honestly since most docs are barely qualified to even make that call
    I hope it's OTC, I mean, it makes more sense to do it that way. If you get a prescription, it limits the number of bottles you can buy. Also, if it's OTC, it's more accessible to more people, and you can buy as many bottles as you want. They def make more money going OTC

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    BIM IS ALIVE.

Otherwise they would've never mentioned it in their presentation. That is a great indication that they are moving forward with it.

Anyone who's interested - click on the Q2 2015 Earnings Presentation Page 23 -

http://ir.allergan.com/phoenix.zhtml...-presentations
    Yup definitely still have it on their pipeline it seems!

Just gotta wonder whats going on there behind the scenes.

too many positives about this product not to move forward to phase III for hairloss, it's gone to Phase III/approval on two other applications already (eyelash growth and glaucoma)!

I dont see how showing thats its in the mid to late stage development category means that they are moving forward. We know that it finished phase 2. Thats past midway. Isnt that all that page was showing, products that are at least in mid stage development? Idk, i dont see that as much to get excited about

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    I dont see how showing thats its in the mid to late stage development category means that they are moving forward. We know that it finished phase 2. Thats past midway. Isnt that all that page was showing, products that are at least in mid stage development? Idk, i dont see that as much to get excited about
    Look, I don't mind explaining things to help people out, but c'mon and help me out here.

It has been debated for the better part of a year whether or not this drug has succeeded in phase 2b. Months and months later, it is mentioned alongside with Kybella (which has launched), and two acne drugs in late phase 3 studies. It is highlighted in the late stage aesthetic drugs. If you notice, there are 27 drugs being developed for aesthetics, but they chose deliberately to mention bimatoprost for hair growth.

If they weren't continuing with the program or planning to release it, then there would be no mention at all. Instead, it is there, right next to a drug that has already launched, and two drugs that have already been engaged in phase 3 studies.

They've also recently stated publicly that they've chosen to move forward with 70 projects, and if you notice, the total number of programs there is 70!

I've posted before about seti and bim, and this proves my ideas to be correct on the matter. They are going to be used together to tackle hair loss, and they will corner the market by doing so. One stops hair loss, the other regrows, and the result should be a complete reversal of hair loss if in the early to mid stages. It also means they are close to a release for bim.

Great posting 2014. It is appreciated. Wish they would hurry up as I type blowing a hair off my screen aha.

No i get ya 2014already, i really do. I think we need to just ease up just a bit on the assuming thats whats going to happen. Its common knowledge that there was a phase 2. Anyone who was planning on competing with allergen based on a bim treatment could have already done so, based off the fact allergens taken it to a phase 2. Hell i dont see why other companies havent already tired this. Its been well known for awhile that bim may help w hairloss, but noones ever shown success w a trial. At least not that weve seen. Maybe other companies are being cheap and waiting for allergen to pay for all the testing, then they will jump on the bandwagon after its been proven to work. I just dont see why no other company has tested out a higher percentage on even one person. If they did, and it worked, you can bet they would be developing this also. It would be a race to see who could do it first.
    I think its more of a possibility that setit is the real winner, and bim is just a boost to their propsed treatment by offering a little more regrowth than minox.

Man Im just tired of this game. Getting hopes up over and over and getting pooped on each time is crushing. Dude i hope your right. Just think someone somewhere wouldve shown results by now

In terms of preventing hair loss I wonder how good this will work. I guess we need to see some results to know that though. I feel like this is gonna be pricey so it might still be better to go propecia first instead of this if it does come out. Propecia gonna be much more cost effective in terms of keeping hair. This probably more like a rogain in terms of growing new hair.
    So timeline for this stuff if it worked well still has to start and get through a phase 3 so atleast 1 year or more away? I thought someone said it might come out this year

Yes because they were assuming that it was secretly being phase 3 tested now, which would allow it to be released at yrs end. But that is speculation. There is no way of knowing if any further tests have been done since the end of phase 2. They wont divulge jack crap about this product

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    In terms of preventing hair loss I wonder how good this will work. I guess we need to see some results to know that though. I feel like this is gonna be pricey so it might still be better to go propecia first instead of this if it does come out. Propecia gonna be much more cost effective in terms of keeping hair. This probably more like a rogain in terms of growing new hair.
    So timeline for this stuff if it worked well still has to start and get through a phase 3 so atleast 1 year or more away? I thought someone said it might come out this year
    They could have already started Phase III which means years end they could release it.

if they plan on starting it beginning of next year probably mid-2016. Latest would be end of 2016, if it's not cancelled.

This is the closest product to release, followed by CB, SETI and SM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    They could have already started Phase III which means years end they could release it.

if they plan on starting it beginning of next year probably mid-2016. Latest would be end of 2016, if it's not cancelled.

This is the closest product to release, followed by CB, SETI and SM.
    They have an R&D key pipeline overview on Nov. 4th. at Allergan's former headquarters in Irvine, CA. If they're in phase 3 right now, that will be the day they make the announcement.

I think this makes sense given that they have a few drugs in phase 3, which they acquired from the old Allergan, and they will have originated from Irvine. Bim could definitely be one of those drugs.

To quote Brent Saunders, CEO of Allergan: "It is our most important R&D center, it's our most important actual campus. The big difference is it's not a headquarters anymore. It's a center of excellence, but it's not a headquarters."

There will also be a tour, apparently. So, I think it's fair to say there will be some drug launching announcements at the old Allergan HQ, highlighting the excellent products that came from their R&D which was acquired in Jan.-Feb of this year. Bit of a PR thing, but if I had to guess given the proper timelines, and if they had continued, this would definitely be the day.

3 more months, and we'll know the deal.