+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Everything about the merger between Actavis and Allergan states that it's the "combined with highly defensible products and unique pipeline assets from Allergan in the specialty ophthalmology and aesthetic markets" that benefit Actavis the most, as far as new drugs go.

Can someone tell us if there's something else in their pipeline that could potentially be a huge moneymaker? Something for glaucoma? Silicone breasts? I just don't see the demand being the same as for an effective hair loss treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    I just don't see the demand being the same as for an effective hair loss treatment.
    Hair loss industry is something like a 3 billion dollar market

Quote Originally Posted by BiqqieSmalls View Post
    Hair loss industry is something like a 3 billion dollar market
    Potentially would be A LOT more than that with effective treatments. Honestly, if bim is great, then I think it makes sense they would keep things quiet until it's the right time for them. Probably when it's time for marketing and a release.

It's pretty stupid to go "HEY EVERYBODY, Bimatoprost is GREAT for hair loss at 10% concentration!! But we don't have a product to sell you yet!" The reaction would be from us: "Oh, well let's get some powder, mix up proper concentrations and use it ourselves."

They lose money this way.

Potentially would be A LOT more than that with effective treatments. Honestly, if bim is great, then I think it makes sense they would keep things quiet until it's the right time for them. Probably when it's time for marketing and a release.

It's pretty stupid to go "HEY EVERYBODY, Bimatoprost is GREAT for hair loss at 10% concentration!! But we don't have a product to sell you yet!" The reaction would be from us: "Oh, well let's get some powder, mix up proper concentrations and use it ourselves."

They lose money this way.
    I think it will be great. They've been holding off because of the time commitment with the merger.

Quote Originally Posted by BiqqieSmalls View Post
    I think it will be great. They've been holding off because of the time commitment with the merger.
    I think that makes sense. You don't want to blow all your good news at once, either. The merger has been great for their stock/company value. Having this sort of news in your back pocket would also be very useful when the buzz starts to die down.

I think that makes sense. You don't want to blow all your good news at once, either. The merger has been great for their stock/company value. Having this sort of news in your back pocket would also be very useful when the buzz starts to die down.
    Sorry what was the merger? Allergan with Kythera?

after reading a latanoprost study where 50% of patients had a density increase of 22%+ on average at 20 weeks, I have high hopes for bim. they used a .1% concentration in the study, so I think the key is using a higher concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by nave13579 View Post
    Sorry what was the merger? Allergan with Kythera?
    No they merged with Actavis, and the stock is through the roof. Allergan and Kythera keep getting mentioned together because both their potential products work on prostaglandins.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    after reading a latanoprost study where 50% of patients had a density increase of 22%+ on average at 20 weeks, I have high hopes for bim. they used a .1% concentration in the study, so I think the key is using a higher concentration.
    .1 x 100 = 10, so if it's 10% concentration they're using, then expect significantly more density and percentage of patients for which it works.

It may be wishful thinking, but by not releasing info about phase 2b has a lot to do with wanting to control how they release good news. Next year no one will care about the merger, they will want to see what Allergan produces from it's R&D.

Exactly. They worked with top tier consultants who know the market and obviously did their due diligence and thus decided to release results later.