+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Give up on Bim.
    You're blindly optimistic.
    haha I'm not sure you know what the phrase "blindly optimistic" means. I've based my enthusiasm solely on facts. By those facts, I have a right to be optimistic. Please provide valid arguments, and correct usage of phrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    Well I just read this the other day: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/16/fa...for-women.html
    "Dr. Piliang said she expects Latisse’s results to be less striking on the head than on the lashes because the drug works by shifting more hair from the resting phase to the growing phase. For lashes, only about 30 percent of the hair is in the growing phase at any given time, she said, but on the scalp, that figure is 80 or 90 percent."

The 2a results aren't impressive and they tested 3 different doses (all very small, but they don't list the exact ones), so we'll have to wait and see how much the dose actually matters when increased greatly.
    Hmm interesting. I don't see how that conclusion is drawn, since what mpb is, is when hairs spend less time in anagen and more time in catagen to the point of loss. So, the drug would be helping the follicles undergoing loss and shutdown to produce more hairs in anagen. By nature of the balding man's scalp, less % of hairs will be in anagen.

New paper published in April 2015, called "Promising Alternative Clinical Uses of Prostaglandin F2a Analogs: Beyond the Eyelashes."

https://es.fagron.com/sites/default/...staglandin.pdf

Doesn't state any new information, but is encouraging given the publication date.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    New paper published in April 2015, called "Promising Alternative Clinical Uses of Prostaglandin F2a Analogs: Beyond the Eyelashes."

https://es.fagron.com/sites/default/...staglandin.pdf

Doesn't state any new information, but is encouraging given the publication date.
    Encouraging would be to see the Bimatoprost results. Doesn't look like anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Encouraging would be to see the Bimatoprost results. Doesn't look like anyone cares.
    True that

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    "Blume-Peytavi et al23 performed a randomized,
    double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of
    16 men with androgenetic alopecia, applying
    topical latanoprost 0.1% daily on the right or left
    frontotemporal mini-zones. After 24 weeks of treatment,
    the latanoprost-treated site demonstrated a
    significant increase in hair density compared with
    baseline (P \ .001) and placebo site (P = .0004). Besides a localized erythematous reaction, no
    adverse events were reported. Despite these
    findings, in a case report of a woman with female
    pattern hair loss treated with injected bimatoprost, a
    similar response was not seen.24"

i'd say that's pretty encouraging. positive response and no adverse affects at 0.1% solution, Isn't bim using a 1-3% solution?

Yeah, here's a quote from their patent, filed in feb 14, published in Oct 14: "The preferred bimatoprost concentration range is about 2-4% w/w, more preferably about 2.5-3.5% w/w. These preferred bimatoprost concentration ranges allow a surprisingly good balance to be achieved between the wanted pharmacologic effects of the composition and any unwanted side-effects. It had previously been thought that bimatoprost compositions for stimulating growth of hair should have a much lower bimatoprost concentration; this has now surprisingly been found not to be the case."

Yeah, here's a quote from their patent, filed in feb 14, published in Oct 14: "The preferred bimatoprost concentration range is about 2-4% w/w, more preferably about 2.5-3.5% w/w. These preferred bimatoprost concentration ranges allow a surprisingly good balance to be achieved between the wanted pharmacologic effects of the composition and any unwanted side-effects. It had previously been thought that bimatoprost compositions for stimulating growth of hair should have a much lower bimatoprost concentration; this has now surprisingly been found not to be the case."
    Even more positive, it seems the higher the dose the better response, and they've found the best % with the lowest amount of sides.

What would hold them back from pushing this forward, the only thing I can think of is that the results were good, but not amazing(lets say, 5-10% better than minoxidil) and they just aren't willing to put out a product unless it's a significant improvement. Hopefully that's not the case.

Like I've stated earlier, phase 2b success has the implication of a phase 3 and a launch. It would pretty much be letting the cat out of the bag. Being quiet, while continuing the study (it says "this study is ongoing but not recruiting participants" on clinicaltrials.gov) ensures that when it is time to announce success, you actually HAVE a product to market. It makes no sense to announce results now, the stock is doing fine on its own. Yes, normally good news is released at the time it occurs, but given what's happened with this company recently, it actually makes sense to hold back.

As the saying goes: "no news is good news."
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01904721
    This study has been completed.
    What's your next move?

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Even more positive, it seems the higher the dose the better response, and they've found the best % with the lowest amount of sides.

What would hold them back from pushing this forward, the only thing I can think of is that the results were good, but not amazing(lets say, 5-10% better than minoxidil) and they just aren't willing to put out a product unless it's a significant improvement. Hopefully that's not the case.
    They have so much going on between the merger that posting the results of Bim is not on their high priority list. Let it play out man.