+ Reply to Thread

Default new acne treatment. who the hell needs CB for acne now?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0319143418.htm

a nice new treatment by very effectively damaging sebaceous glands, without systemic side effects.
    in my opinion, the ideal treatment for acne, much better than any other topical cream or gel.

so, a hard competition for cosmo's CB.
    they better start concentrating on the CB formulation for hairloss now.

i wonder if the ultrasound delivery method of nanoparticles could have benefits for us. looks like an easy and painless way to get medis into the skin.

Well I've been dealing with acne since I was 14. Yeah you heard that right.
    So I've got experience on that department. Although this kind of treatments will probably sell well there are actually good treatment options for mild to moderate acne. There are also good options for severe acne however they do come with nasty side effects.

In the battle against acne every sufferer is unique so one has to find they type of his skin and then proceed with good daily routine and trial and error method of testing products.

All that said acne can be devastating to self confidence however the experience has certainly helped me when I started dealing with the hair loss. Currently however my acne is minor and feeling of defeating something like this gives a person a damn good feeling. I hope that hair loss sufferers on this forum will experience the same feeling in the upcoming years when we defeat hair loss.

Interesting. Nice find.

I had severe acne in my teens and early 20s. Did all kinds of treatments, even Accutane. Would have welcomed something like this. Now I suffer from scalp seborrhea, which manifests as an oily scalp with lots of itching, and occasionally very severe dandruff. I notice the article mentions that this treatment's long-term effects on follicles are unknown.

If it turns out this damages hair follicles, I wonder if it could be used as an alternative to laser hair removal, electrolysis, and other treatments for unwanted hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Interesting. Nice find.

I had severe acne in my teens and early 20s. Did all kinds of treatments, even Accutane. Would have welcomed something like this. Now I suffer from scalp seborrhea, which manifests as an oily scalp with lots of itching, and occasionally very severe dandruff. I notice the article mentions that this treatment's long-term effects on follicles are unknown.

If it turns out this damages hair follicles, I wonder if it could be used as an alternative to laser hair removal, electrolysis, and other treatments for unwanted hair.
    I too have a mild form of seborrhea, but it comes as no surprise since having acne can sometimes be manifested more with oily skin, and increased sebum production.
    Actualyl Nizoral or more specifically Ketoconazole is a medication for scalp seborrhea and is also used as hair loss medication by word of mouth (the effectivity has not been proven). So basically we are killing two birds with one stone, maybe.

Interesting indeed, kinda like photodynamic therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i wonder if the ultrasound delivery method of nanoparticles could have benefits for us. looks like an easy and painless way to get medis into the skin.
    Nano formulations are already available. Some minoxidil formulations use it for instance. You don't even need ultrasound. You can massage them in and if the particle size is small enough they will crawl around the hair follicle all up to the bulb .

I hope CB is always on the course...

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Interesting indeed, kinda like photodynamic therapy.

Nano formulations are already available. Some minoxidil formulations use it for instance. You don't even need ultrasound. You can massage them in and if the particle size is small enough they will crawl around the hair follicle all up to the bulb .
    do nano formulations only work when there are follicles available, where it can crawl down, or can it penetrate the skin even at an hairless spot?
    isn't the skin or its pores totally closed at bald spots (skin grown together)? or do some small holes (pores) remain forever?