+ Reply to Thread

Thread: malnutrition

Default malnutrition

Hi,

I just want to share my story about hair lose. I'm 32. I have dealt with hair lose for many years. I have tried many things. I was on medicine for many years. It kept my hair. It got thicker and longer but still didn't help me keep my hair (I'm not bald just thin on the front). I ran out of medicine a few months ago and didn't want to see the doctor anymore and decided to let it go.However, I have used minoxidil recently as a last shot, because I think maybe it's good for my budget. I was wrong. My body didn't response. It's itchy and red. So I stopped it. I tried to eat better, not for my hair, just for my body. Since I was young, I didn't eat veggie at all. My mom pushed me to eat. I just didn't like it. No veggie and fruit for 31 years. But I noticed that my hair stops falling (maybe a little 10-15 hairs a day for 2 weeks already). So, I think maybe this malnutrition caused hair lose to me. I think I will just keep eating better. Hope my hair will get thicker. I don't know if it will grow or not. But at least it's good sign.

If you are dealing with MPB, eating veggies will do very little to stop your hair loss. Nothing wrong with improving your diet for overall health though.

Yeah, poor diet is another reason of hair loss. Vitamin B, zinc, vitamin C, iron and protein are very important to have healthy hair, because if you deprive your hair from these important nutrients; you might make them susceptible to further hair fall. With enough hair loss, the scalp will start to show through. Starvation also depletes the body of other nutrients important for hair growth and quality. And over the long term, starvation and extreme weight loss will lead to a reduction in hormone production, which can also lead to thinning hair. Include lot of citrus fruits (rich in vitamin C), ensure sufficient intake of protein and fruits and food that are rich in vitamin B. If hair loss is in families, you may not observe great difference but healthy diet can certainly prove beneficial for your overall health.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Yeah, poor diet is another reason of hair loss. Vitamin B, zinc, vitamin C, iron and protein are very important to have healthy hair, because if you deprive your hair from these important nutrients; you might make them susceptible to further hair fall. With enough hair loss, the scalp will start to show through. Starvation also depletes the body of other nutrients important for hair growth and quality. And over the long term, starvation and extreme weight loss will lead to a reduction in hormone production, which can also lead to thinning hair. Include lot of citrus fruits (rich in vitamin C), ensure sufficient intake of protein and fruits and food that are rich in vitamin B. If hair loss is in families, you may not observe great difference but healthy diet can certainly prove beneficial for your overall health.
    Great post Luca! I agree that nutrients are important not only for healthy hair but for general health. Possibly it will not improve your hair condition significantly, but anyway you will notice the difference.