Donor Regeneration - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

There is some mention of it in this study, however, Dr. Gardner could probably clarify that, and I believe he did in a thread on here some time ago. I don't recall what the name of the thread was though.

Swooping, I think we have it right that the first "cure" will come in this form. Or at least the biggest advancement in the industry for some time to come. If this study is in fact accurate, Dr. Wesley's method can only improve upon their results. I'm excited for what's to come, and I'm grateful we have a doctor like Dr. Wesley working on this exact topic.

Dr. Cole claims to get regeneration from 20-70% when taking the follicle out in it's entirety, because of the stem cells that are left there. His hypothesis is that the reason there is such a difference in success rate is because of ACell leaking as the extraction sites ooze differently in individual patients. If ACell was placed below the skin with nowhere to ooze, this would fix that problem. Furthermore, if we aren't extracting the entire follicle, I think we could expect much greater results, as I have stated already.

I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic, however, all this factual evidence supports Pilofocus potential to be HUGE in the regeneration game. It's hard to contain such excitement after digging into all the evidence and research done thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    So I'm not too familiar with the regeneration science, so what parts of the HF are to be bisected? Are we bisecting the DP, or cutting out the DP entirely, and letting the bulge regenerate the follicle?
    "Expression of CD200, p63, and b1-integrin was detected in both portions, whereas K19 and CD34 stained different cell populations in the upper and lower fragment, respectively."

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    "Expression of CD200, p63, and b1-integrin was detected in both portions, whereas K19 and CD34 stained different cell populations in the upper and lower fragment, respectively."
    Source?

There have been some papers that specifically stated that miniaturized follicles lack CD200 and CD34+ progenitor cells.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Source?

There have been some papers that specifically stated that miniaturized follicles lack CD200 and CD34+ progenitor cells.
    The paper I linked first page. This is the same research report Dr. Wesley posted.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    So I'm not too familiar with the regeneration science, so what parts of the HF are to be bisected? Are we bisecting the DP, or cutting out the DP entirely, and letting the bulge regenerate the follicle?
    This is wat Dr Aaron Gardner (who works with Jahoda) said:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...l=1#post175095
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...ht=#post175294

Basically he thinks it's possible but too expensive to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    This is wat Dr Aaron Gardner (who works with Jahoda) said:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...l=1#post175095
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...ht=#post175294

Basically he thinks it's possible but too expensive to perform.
    Exactly, but Pilofocus could split the lower half in two, like the study posted, during the actual extraction. We are talking horizontally.

Exactly, but Pilofocus could split the lower half in two, like the study posted, during the actual extraction. We are talking horizontally.
    I haven't read their study. but they supposedly did that 'blindly', just like Gho claimed ? If so I'd say that it's most probably a lie, just like Gho's BS. It's very important to split it correctly under a microscope. This isnt something you can do blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I haven't read their study. but they supposedly did that 'blindly', just like Gho claimed ? If so I'd say that it's most probably a lie, just like Gho's BS. It's very important to split it correctly under a microscope. This isnt something you can do blindly.
    No, they did it horizontally under a microscope.

"Approximately 100 hair follicles from each patient were horizontally sectioned under light microscope below the origin of the arrector pili muscle. The procedure was standardized by cutting all follicles at one-third of their length from the papilla. The two portions were implanted in androgenetic alopecia bald sites"

They were even planted into two separate bald spots, so one could hypothesize, if one portion was left in it's original atmosphere, surrounded by all the stemcells and influenced by ACell under the skin with nowhere to leak, we could see a very high percentage of regeneration.

No, they did it horizontally under a microscope.

"Approximately 100 hair follicles from each patient were horizontally sectioned under light microscope below the origin of the arrector pili muscle. The procedure was standardized by cutting all follicles at one-third of their length from the papilla. The two portions were implanted in androgenetic alopecia bald sites"
    Ok that sounds hopeful then ! Going to read their paper, thx