Donor Regeneration - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Well, I hope you are right. That said, pre-Pilofocus, why aren't doctors doing this more often? I know Cole uses a partial extraction protocol, but shouldn't that mean that even NW7's should be getting interesting results? I have been hearing about donor regeneration/Acell for years but haven't really seen any "wow" results.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Well there's a few things that come into play:

These hairs were extracted and then split, anytime a hair is extracted, even the whole follicle, it grows back SLIGHTLY thinner in caliber. With a method like Dr. Wesley's, only the lower portion of the follicle would be removed, and the upper portion would remain in it's original atmosphere. Therefore, we have reason to believe that the chances of it growing back with caliber close to normal could be higher. If you add ACell to this, supporting growth on both ends, which we know it does to some extent (proven by Cooley's work), the chances of 100% caliber regeneration only increase. Also, without handling the graphs and splitting them under a microscope (this doesn't need to be done, because Piloscopy could split them as needed under the skin), there isn't as much damage done to each follicle and each portion of the follicle. This only supports stronger regeneration and regrowth. This, SCIENCE, is why I have high hopes for Pilofocus and what it could do for anyone suffering from hair loss. I think Dr. Wesley is an absolute genius and we really need more proactive doctors like him.
    Interesting. What I was thinking though, how about the time involved? Thing is if you go splitting under a microscope hair follicle by hair follicle, I would imagine that it would be extremely time invasive. Do you have any idea of the time involved in Pilofocus in comparison with normal FUE?

Regeneration can be a real solution, even on short term imo. The broad concept is there already indeed, it just needs tweaking and more "stability".

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Interesting. What I was thinking though, how about the time involved? Thing is if you go splitting under a microscope hair follicle by hair follicle, I would imagine that it would be extremely time invasive. Do you have any idea of the time involved in Pilofocus in comparison with normal FUE?

Regeneration can be a real solution, even on short term imo. The broad concept is there already indeed, it just needs tweaking and more "stability".
    In the last presentation that Dr. Wesley's assistant uploaded, it stated pilofocus could do 1000+ grafts an hour while regular fue can only do 300-400max

Has Cooley produced any "wow" results from doubling?

No, he doesn't do it in practice I believe. He's just been studying it and trying to perfect it. The problem is I don't believe it's perfectable with modern fue techniques. Doctor Cole said the problem he has with regeneration becoming consistent is the ACell leaks and doesn't stay where it needs to be. Hence, this problem could be solved with pilofocus as ACell could be placed under the skin where it couldn't leak.

No, he doesn't do it in practice I believe. He's just been studying it and trying to perfect it. The problem is I don't believe it's perfectable with modern fue techniques. Doctor Cole said the problem he has with regeneration becoming consistent is the ACell leaks and doesn't stay where it needs to be. Hence, this problem could be solved with pilofocus as ACell could be placed under the skin where it couldn't leak.
    Thanks for the info.

No problem. I'm anxious to see what becomes of this. I'm also curious as to what Dr. Mwamba's protocol is for hair regeneration. I wonder if he is using information from this study or what? It's discouraging to see that not many doctors are apt to take information like this, proven science, and try to put it into practice. However, it is encouraging to see that Dr. Wesley and Dr. Mwamba are working to advance the field.

In the last presentation that Dr. Wesley's assistant uploaded, it stated pilofocus could do 1000+ grafts an hour while regular fue can only do 300-400max
    That's extremely important imo, time means money.

Dr. Mwamba mentioned this like 2 months ago btw;

When you poke a hair bulb , you can get a lot of free stem cells in your solution ( hundred of thousand ).If you can culture them , you can go up to million cells .DP cells are trichogenic but they loose their trichogenicity with time .
    We want to take advantage of the period when they are trichogenic and expect them to communicate with existing stem cells around miniaturized hairs and influence them positively .That's our goal .

We know that cells at that level communicate through signals .I do agree that culturing cells ( DP cells , Epidermal cells , and cells from blood vessel ) , you will get a better chance to grow hairs .( Study of prof. GERD in Germany ) .

We keep trying at our level as we can not culture cells to work with fresh DPcells .We do not waste grafts .We usually take 100 grafts , poke them with a needle and reimplant them.Studies demontrated in the past that transection beneath the lower third of the hair shaft can generate a new follicles .So we expect the poked grafts to grow , especially if you boost them with growth factors and nutrients .
    Thank you for your comments .

It's going to be interesting to see if Mwamba's studies become of anything. However, I have a lot more hope for Dr. Wesley's method. It just seems so simple.

I think less handling of the graphs that are split is something that could dramatically increase the percentage of regeneration. If you are splitting the hairs and getting about 70% regrowth from each side of the extremely fragile, split hair, then you should expect a lot better percentage when you keep one half in its original atmosphere and add growth factors.

I don't want to be over optimistic, but I'd expect the portion of the follicle that's staying where it is with added growth factors to regenerate at 90+% based on the science that's behind it already.

So I'm not too familiar with the regeneration science, so what parts of the HF are to be bisected? Are we bisecting the DP, or cutting out the DP entirely, and letting the bulge regenerate the follicle?