Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hey, Whats Going On? When you write:

'If you are a pure blooded Native American you have no hairloss gene.'

Is that a general statement or are you referring to a specific study?

This argument is similar to those once posed about Asian people. The Japanese traditionally have very low incidence of hair-loss. Introduce them to the western diet and that changes very quickly ...

... And so the genesis of Inaba's study.

I'm based in the Philippines. You'll find malnourished, middle-aged beggars with rich heads of hair. Clearly diet, lifestyle and genes all factor.

As written earlier, Roddy believes hair-loss is more likely 'epigenetic' rather than genetically determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
    Hey, Whats Going On? When you write:

'If you are a pure blooded Native American you have no hairloss gene.'

Is that a general statement or are you referring to a specific study?

This argument is similar to those once posed about Asian people. The Japanese traditionally have very low incidence of hair-loss. Introduce them to the western diet and that changes very quickly ...

... And so the genesis of Inaba's study.

I'm based in the Philippines. You'll find malnourished, middle-aged beggars with rich heads of hair. Clearly diet, lifestyle and genes all factor.

As written earlier, Roddy believes hair-loss is more likely 'epigenetic' rather than genetically determined.
    Diet that provides very little vitamins is healthier than a western diet. MY eyes have been opened. Moving on to another example...

Take homeless people as an example, they live in the worst conditions and have the worst diets. And their diets are mainly left overs of thrown away food. i.e western food.

Why do in these people do you see cases of no hairloss? If it epigenetic, then what is the reasoning for this?

Ah, Dus. Apparently eating a healthy diet is [I]'bro-science'?[/I
    How the hell do you draw that conclusion from my response?

Duh, if you can't work that out I'm not going to spoon feed you the information.

Let us all know when you have a substantive criticism to make.

Duh, if you can't work that out I'm not going to spoon feed you the information.

Let us all know when you have a substantive criticism to make.
    We are one a hair loss forum, not a healthy lifestyle forum. Hopefully you won't use the same weird reasoning and logic for your "research".

Yes, we're a hair-loss forum. Not a learning difficulties group.

Again, if you have 'research' to submit let us know. I'm done on this.

Wait? Did you just switch my request for proof/ results into something where I need to pony up "research"? You are a master at changing the discussion I'll give you that. Let me reiterate: provide some proof/ real life results and I'm all ears for your theories.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgoingon View Post
    Diet that provides very little vitamins is healthier than a western diet. MY eyes have been opened. Moving on to another example...

Take homeless people as an example, they live in the worst conditions and have the worst diets. And their diets are mainly left overs of thrown away food. i.e western food.

Why do in these people do you see cases of no hairloss? If it epigenetic, then what is the reasoning for this?
    Thanks for your response.

Did you find any studies supporting your view on Native American's or was it just a general observation?

I'm not Danny Roddy (Although Duh thinks I am) and I haven't purchased his video-series. I do believe diet has a significant impact on hair-growth.

Let me pose Roddy's point (again) before elaborating on saturated fats:

If the genetic theory is true, why did 1 study find Vitamin A reduced androgen receptors by 30-40%?

Why did a 2010 study comparing 18-30 year old men with AGA find a decrease in receptors among older participants?

We live in an age of the Bro Scientist, not the Nutrition Scientist. Accordingly theories citing studies are often dismissed as 'cherry-picked'.

Male Baldness Linked To Higher Incidence of Heart Disease

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/01.27/bald.html

Dr Alfred Rebora of Genoa University

http://www.iol.co.za/scitech/technol...in-men-1.73250

A Meta Analysis:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-8559182.html

'A review of studies involving almost 40,000 men has found that those with male pattern baldness – losing hair from the crown of their head – had up to a 70 cent increased risk of heart disease. The younger they were when they lost their hair and the greater the extent of their baldness, the higher their risk.

Researchers found 850 studies examining the link published over the last 60 years. However, only six were of high quality and were selected for the review. Four were conducted in the US, one in Denmark and one in Croatia.'

Lest Duh needs spoon feeding saturated fat is a prominent risk factor in CVD. Are these studies 'cherry-picked' or do they lend support to Inaba's theory?

I propose the latter. Reducing LDL cholesterol promotes a healthy a head of hair.

My opening criticism of Roddy may have been unfair. According to reports more than 700 Propecia Lawsuits are awaiting pre-trial hearings:

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...l#.VRGFW_mUeSo

Central to Roddy's 'Male Pattern Baldness Myth' is the Androgen Paradox. For those who haven't watched the full video, I'll summarize here:

> Baldness is believed to be 'androgen dependent'. Why do men with falling androgens still observe hair-loss?

> Androgens stimulate beard-growth after puberty. Why then do these same androgens stimulate hair-loss?

> This brings us to the androgen-receptor. It's theorized that men with genetically susceptible androgen receptors experience hair-loss.

If the genetic theory is true, why did 1 study find Vitamin A reduced androgen receptors by 30-40%?
    Why did a 2010 study comparing 18-30 year old men with AGA find a decrease in receptors among older participants?

You can find Roddy's review of the Androgen Paradox here -- https://youtu.be/mVq9XD0Ydzo?t=18m16s

It may be that Roddy has carefully cherry-picked studies to support his own view. This is Bro-Science 101.

It may also be that Roddy has provoked a debate that needs to be had in the community.
    lawl the number of wannabe getrichquick scammers in this forum is mind blowing
    if androgenic alopecia is epigenetic then why 99,99% of women don't lose their hair ? but when you introduce an androgenic coumpound (AAS) in their blood they start balding ? and .... grow a beard
    men DHT production increase and testosterone deacrease as they age
    and they still observe hair loss because aging doesn't mean castration ???
    go sell your magic water somewhere else or keep your delusions in check ??

Quote Originally Posted by David12 View Post
    Hello,

I am new on this forum and I have this problem with hair loss too. I read a lot on the internet these past few weeks and I found this article. It sounds good for me and before I go further I wanted to know your opinion. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
    it's very good cure bro go buy the guide it's not "very expensive" but please don't post "the secret" here because Big PharmIlluminaty are going to hunt you down cause your are going to make them lose a billions dollars industry