+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question regrow hair with red oinion

has anyone heard of this, and has any one tried it, they say it works love to get somefeedback on this

There was/is a guy on another forum which has had success using onion juice on his head/crown. He has posted proof it has worked on his crown in particular.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello all,
    Ive never heard of this before so I Googled this topic...
    I dont know how real this can be but it is interesting....What do others here think??
    Maybe Ill consume/add more onion to my food intake to combine with my use of Finasteride.

"Onion juices when applied on the scalp alone or in combination with other hair loss remedies can improve the blood circulation to the scalp. Sulfur also improves the production of collagen tissues which is necessary for the growth of hair. Hair grows from the hair follicles in the scalp and increased blood supply to the scalp brings better nutrients and nourishment to the follicles and promotes hair growth"

Here is the link ---- http://www.myhealthtips.in/2014/08/h...ir-growth.html

Well the increasing blood flow thing is similar to minoxidil, but to be honest, I would be afraid of the chemicals in the onion burning your scalp. I have never really heard of ppl putting onion on their skin.

On a random notes: when my sister was younger, she read in a beauty magazine to put raw garlic on your acne scars to diminish their look, and it ended up burning her skin to the point where her skin peeled off in a day. It was not a good look and my mom was pissed.

But hey, if anyone wants to try it and let us know, let us know

I've also heard about the studies that suggest that applying onion juice to the scalp might improve hair growth in people with hair loss caused by alopecia areata.
    As it is claimed: "High amounts of sulphur in onions make them particularly effective in regenerating hair follicles and stimulating hair regrowth. In addition, naturally-concentrated sulphur compounds have been proven to show additional hair-restoring."
    I haven't tried this therapy, as I don't really believe that natural treatments can be effective for hair regrowth. I think natural remedies can help to prevent the condition, but not to cure it.

wouldn't companies have tried to manufacture and push and onion extract for this purpose by now, to at least steal balding mens money, even if it didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by RanDave View Post
    I've also heard about the studies that suggest that applying onion juice to the scalp might improve hair growth in people with hair loss caused by alopecia areata.
    As it is claimed: "High amounts of sulphur in onions make them particularly effective in regenerating hair follicles and stimulating hair regrowth. In addition, naturally-concentrated sulphur compounds have been proven to show additional hair-restoring."
    I haven't tried this therapy, as I don't really believe that natural treatments can be effective for hair regrowth. I think natural remedies can help to prevent the condition, but not to cure it.

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    wouldn't companies have tried to manufacture and push and onion extract for this purpose by now, to at least steal balding mens money, even if it didnt work
    Yeah, they would.

Onions are a good solution for hair loss problems, It is a natural remedy for hair fall problem solution. The scientific studies on natural remedies for hair loss has proven that applying onion juice and consuming onions is helpful in controlling hair loss and other problems related to hair such as dandruff, fungal infections and yeast infections. It has been found that onion juice is also effective in preventing premature graying of hair.
    Onions have rich sulfur content in them. Onion juices when applied on the scalp alone or in combination with other hair loss remedies can improve the blood circulation to the scalp. Sulfur also improves the production of collagen tissues which is necessary for the growth of hair. Hair grows from the hair follicles in the scalp and increased blood supply to the scalp brings better nutrients and nourishment to the follicles and promotes hair growth. The sulfur content in the juice also has anti-bacterial properties and prevents the growth of fungi and bacteria on the scalp which reduces the chances of losing hair due to these infections. Onion juice increases the strength of the hair and prevents thinning and breakage.

ummmm i don't think anyone actually uses this so i wouldn't waste my time
    also it might burn the shit out of your scalp

Onions are good for the scalp but it could create a burning sensation, but not upto a very large extent. As one needs to bear the pain so that wounds would be healed, it is the same way that they might burn a little bit but it would be very much beneficial in terms of making your hair good.