+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default MPB at 18? Tell me bluntly, am I going to be bald by the time I reach mid-20s?

Hey there, I just posted the pics of my current hairline (pics were taken about 5mins ago). I'm an individual that's about 18years old, Please tell me, Am I gonna be bald soon? And no need to 'sugarcoat' it if that's the case (I've seen how nice the people are here but a logical and truthfully laid out comment would be the best for me right now). I am freaking out these days about it, to be honest, so if you've got time, then please tell me, Am I a victim of MPB too? Thank you for your time guys. Please, help a fellow victim out.

About my family side:

Dad's side:
    My dad lost most of his age till he was 28, I believe.
    Most of brothers have a u-shaped hairline
    And my grandfather was bald too (don't know when he became bald)

Mom's side:
    Grandfather: My mom's father had a full head of hair until he was dead. I don't know if he had a u-shape hairline like mine, since he was dead before I was born
    My first and third uncle had full head of hair while my second uncle's head has gone bald around the age of 55

My brother is bald at the age of 27

So yes, please tell me the condition of my hairline, as you think it is. Thank you yet again.

Not if you do the proper thing and take proper steps.

without taking any medication you will undoubtedly go bald by your mid-20's judging by your pictures.

but if you start on Minoxidil and Fin right now(if fin doesnt work move on to DUT) you can probably save most of your hair, if not slow the process down alot.

I can tell you from my own experience, me and my friend started losing hair at roughly the same age(around 18), I got on meds at 19-20(I was NW2-3) like Fin and minoxidil and while it's slowly shedding it definitely slowed to a near halt after starting on that stuff, while he's a full-blown NW5-6, i'm a NW3, not much worse than i was 3-4 years ago.

If you don't go on propecia or try one of the experimental treatments being discussed than yes you probably will loose it.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post

without taking any medication you will undoubtedly go bald by your mid-20's judging by your pictures.

but if you start on Minoxidil and Fin right now(if fin doesnt work move on to DUT) you can probably save most of your hair, if not slow the process down alot.

I can tell you from my own experience, me and my friend started losing hair at roughly the same age(around 18), I got on meds at 19-20(I was NW2-3) like Fin and minoxidil and while it's slowly shedding it definitely slowed to a near halt after starting on that stuff, while he's a full-blown NW5-6, i'm a NW3, not much worse than i was 3-4 years ago.
    Thank you for the reply, rdawg. About the medication. I've started going on minoxidil around my temple areas, not the crown and vertex, though, since the hair are currently pretty thick there. I apply it every night before sleeping. I also oil massage my hair and scalp every other day. I don't know about fin, though. What else should I do, according to you?

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post

but if you start on Minoxidil and Fin right now(if fin doesnt work move on to DUT) you can probably save most of your hair, if not slow the process down a lot.

how long have you maintained on fin?

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    how long have you maintained on fin?
    I'm on DUT now, I was on in for two years rom 20-22, it slowed my loss but i was still losing ground(very slowly, hard to tell the difference of me now and two years ago, its just a little thinner), not sure if DUT is working yet only been 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigguh View Post
    Thank you for the reply, rdawg. About the medication. I've started going on minoxidil around my temple areas, not the crown and vertex, though, since the hair are currently pretty thick there. I apply it every night before sleeping. I also oil massage my hair and scalp every other day. I don't know about fin, though. What else should I do, according to you?
    Fin is far more important than minoxidil, go to your local doctor and ask for propecia or generic proscar(break it up into quarters) if you want it cheaper. Minoxidil may give you some slight thickening or growth at first, but largely doesn't do much(i honestly just keep using it because it gives a slight thickening and volumizing affect to my hair the next day)

fin is what maintains the hair your have. other than that there's not much you can do, you can add something like Nizoral or S5 cream but both are very optional and have a minor effect at best.

of course there are grey market things like RU that some people use, but I wouldnt use that until after trying fin first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigguh View Post
    I also oil massage my hair and scalp every other day.
    Massaging you scalp doesn't do anything, perhaps some more blood, which contains DHT(dihydrotestosterone) which is what "kills"(The cells doesn't actually die, they shut off because of the stress) the dermal papilla as far as I know It's not the lack of blood supply that causes male pattern baldness.

And minoxidil is a "temporary" drug. It works for about 2-3 years, then you will lose quicker than if you didn't use it. If you want to keep your hair through medication, when you got genetic hair loss as a man, you need to go on finasteride. This can cause several severe irreversible side effects, so you will have to think about the risks and look up information.

I would need to see a picture to determine your future.

I recently posted a thread on my baldness,well dude these people are giving good advice but one advice out of medication i want to give as i started balding at the age of 15,please dont loose your cool anytime due to your hairloss and remember it will make you a hell lot strong
    http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles/16-going-bald/
    Check out this link,Spencer has given a good audio response
    Remember always the priorities of your life and dont allow hair loss to take over that