+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Belgravia Centre Stops Selling Propecia - Petition

Hi,

The Belgravia Centre is the largest hair loss centre in the UK, it' absolutely huge over here.

After recently collecting my propecia prescription from the Belgravia Centre I was sent a SMS and an email after I collected it telling me my prescription had been changed from Propecia to a generic product called Aindeem.

I know that both products are in theory identical and contain 1mg finasteride. However, Spencer on the Bald Truth show has been saying for years that there is a lot of anecdotal evidence of people who have switched from propecia to generic finasteride and then have lost ground with their hair, many people have also said the same thing in the forums. I also know several people who have lost ground leaving Propecia for Aindeem and other generics.

I know that scientifically there is no reason why Aindeem should be less effective than Proecia, however as Spencer has said in many shows its not worth the risk changing brands and I don't see the point of anyone taking this risk when they can get real Propecia at a cheaper cost from Boots or other regular pharmacies.

The only people who will benefit from switching from Propecia to Aindeem are the Belgravia Centre as Aindeem is cheaper to purchase. However, none of this cost-saving is passed on to the customers of the Belgravia Centre.

Spencer has mentioned the Belgravia Centre before on his show, and the Belgravia Centre have mentioned the show in their blogs. So perhaps the Belgravia Centre can listen to some of the old archived shows and see the problems many people have faced with generic propecia approximately 3 months after stopping propecia.

I would strongly urge the Belgravia Centre not to stop using propecia. If they do wish to swop to Aindeem then perhaps they can give people the option of still paying for propecia (at a higher cost) and give a discount to anyone who switches to Aindeem.

If anyone agrees please speak out and hopefully the Belgravia Centre will listen to our concerns. Otherwise I for one will be cancelling my prescription.

im only using their 12.5 %minox + acid and i will continue! but if you need help sure

How much is their minox and is it effective?? Is it a liquid or cream??

Quote Originally Posted by Alias123 View Post
    im only using their 12.5 %minox + acid and i will continue! but if you need help sure
    how are your results on this? regrowth?

How did you get hold of this ? Did you have to sign up for one of their programmes ?

cant tell anything yet been on it for 3 weeks aprox, increased shedding ALOT in hairline area where i apply it, so i have high hopes!

I've been on a similar formula, have not seen any big shed as of yet. hair looks the same. been on it for 2 weeks now.

cant tell anything yet been on it for 3 weeks aprox, increased shedding ALOT in hairline area where i apply it, so i have high hopes!

Why buy expensive branded Propecia or even a generic 1mg equivalent which I agree might not be as effective when you can get a private prescription of 5mg Proscar like I do for £200 for 14 months supply.

You just need cut up 5mg which is easily done into 1/5th (1/4 I do) and you have branded 1mg Propecia. I get mine from Dr. Steve Edgar who is very helpful in the UK so something to consider. Run a search on here about how to get it.

Belgravia are extortionate and just no need to pay such a ridiculous premium in my opinion.

Spencer on the Bald Truth show has been saying for years that there is a lot of anecdotal evidence of people who have switched from propecia to generic finasteride and then have lost ground with their hair, many people have also said the same thing in the forums. I also know several people who have lost ground leaving Propecia for Aindeem and other generics.
    Can anyone else confirm this or is there a link to Spencer saying it? I've been using generic finasteride for a few years with bad results. I haven't tried Propecia and I'm curious if it is in fact better.

Let me clear some points on this thread as I'm from the UK and I use their 12.5% cream for night use, I however do not buy propecia from them as it is very expensive!!

Now in regards to switching Brands this does have a huge impact, I been a member on other hair forums since 2010. I have read so many stories and helped some members fix their issues, some people who have used named Brand propecia than few years later switch. Once they make this switch things begin to go downhill. Now there is nothing wrong with generic stuff, but no way would I pay a high end clinic to give me generic Brand so they could pocket more money! To anyone who starts finesteride always stick to the same brand from day one, if it is generic or Brand as the last thing you want is switching brands etc.

Now I pay £209 for 6 months Brand propecia in the uk with a private prescription within this price range. I also use 1mg EOD so this lasts me a whole year for £209 with provided private prescription. I highly suggest you go to Pharamcy Direct GB and save the rest of your money, as Belgravia charge way tooooooooo much for propecia! The only good thing Belgravia provide is their high % minoxidol cream.